08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2652
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85255
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2218
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3396

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Interest Check: Evil Guild (Read more Inside!)
Reminds me of Hand of Sargeras. ((Take that as a yuss, I want it.))
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
PM
Yes! A reason for a evil character.. Who is not crazy. >_>
PM
Oh, uh.

Another piece of advice: don't let your minions rely on Saw-esque torture for evil kicks. It is boring and lame and shallow.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like c0rzilla's post:
  • flammos200, CappnRob, ImagenAshyun
PM
(11-08-2013, 10:14 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: Oh, uh.

Another piece of advice: don't let your minions rely on Saw-esque torture for evil kicks. It is boring and lame and shallow.

I agree. There are more creative ways to make characters suffer, as long as all players involved are okay with it.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roxas65's post:
  • Cressy
PM
Might have an evil character for you in my list. If I don't, nothing stops me from making one. Of course, this'll have to wait until I get a new computer... That is, Christmas.
PM
Valicor, you already know my stance on this bro

I will join and support this guild :D
Noillin Dawnhammer [Alive] - "We ride ta' battle together, not alone..."

'Gray' [Alive] - "I will not let my sacrifices go in vain... Never..."

Dragor Bloodfury [Alive] - "The cries of our comrades will not go unheard!"
PM
(11-08-2013, 10:20 AM)Roxas65 Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 10:14 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: Oh, uh.

I agree. There are more creative ways to make characters suffer, as long as all players involved are okay with it.

Like Nightmares~ (Seriously, I'm in)
PM
(11-08-2013, 12:49 PM)PhilGobatto Wrote: Might have an evil character for you in my list. If I don't, nothing stops me from making one. Of course, this'll have to wait until I get a new computer... That is, Christmas.

Turn Drake into an evil character

dooo eeetttttt
Wow, I'm getting massive typhoons of approval for this.

Now listen here, younguns.
I've got a complication or two on my plate from RL business, so this may take a while in development. I've got to work out kinks for how exactly people will become members (Burning Legion doesn't just openly recruit in public y'know) and all these tiny details.

I will dedicate myself to the fullest to this project to make the most successful thing I can, because it's what you guys want.
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, @MstrCorvus . I know we had plans for a guild, but it's going to seem like I've got a lot on my plate. You're free to RP with the Maiden, just know that Kuzz won't be around until I get this project up and on its' feet.

Anyways, that's my update. Keep showing approval, CotH, and I shall promise you great things.

Evil things.

Great evil things.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Valicor's post:
  • Kage
PM
The only advice I can give, as you move ahead with this idea, is pay proper mind to reasoning.

It’s always a temptation for a player, when making a villainous group, to focus on motivations that are clearly evil. World domination is a common motivation, as is lusting for power, religious fervor and just plain insanity. These tropes are popular in stories and films because they allow the reader to clearly and quickly orient themselves on the ‘correct’ side.

Villains with these tropes help make for great experiences and development for heroes. But it comes at the cost of a flat, unlikable antagonist.

I myself am guilty of this: Evil guilds I have made, in the past, were almost always focused on a very two-dimensional set of goals. While the guilds did generate role-play, activity always quickly dropped off as players grew tired of playing the unlikable, depthless ner-do-well story prop.

People always think that a Burning Legion guild can never have depths. That is, mercifully, not true. The burning Legion is a force of apocalyptic might and limitless power that is at the gates of their home, and people can have very unique responses to that sort of extreme.

Perhaps people believe that, by capitulating with the Legion, they can spare Azeroth, like with the Eredar. Or that they think (Foolishly) that by getting close to the Legion they will be in a prime position to strike it down. Or they are completely ignorant of what is happening and are simply, unwittingly, serving the Legion’s goals as they go about their normal activities.

No matter the reasons you give, there will always be heroes to oppose an evil guild. Your first goal is to make sure you are able to provide support and depth for the players in your group.

Want the advice condensed? Just look at the Legion-aligned guilds I have made in the past. And do the direct opposite of everything I’ve done.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like Rosencrat's post:
  • Spiky, CappnRob, Valicor, Geoni, Delta, Vladdy
PM
Reviving this! You folks still interested?
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Valicor's post:
  • ImagenAshyun, WindZealot, Cfhudo
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: Forum/Skype RP Geoni 15 502 01-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SoarTheSky
  Sin Sholai 2: The Blood Pact Reborn ( Interest Check ) ThePharaoh 14 488 01-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Interest Check: The Terrific Travelling Troupe Geoni 5 173 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Interest Check: Red Glove ImagenAshyun 4 223 03-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Interest Check: Ranger Guild! Ruibarra 9 272 03-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Ruibarra