08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 361
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2658
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85271
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2227
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3396

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Interest Check: Life in Player villages and noble lands
Alongside TLE and finishing Red Glove, I hope to foster human noble RP by playing out the politics of Stormwind and its surrounding areas. Sadly, I am not familiar with real life European nobility, though thanks to @Maulbane, @Reigen, @Vladdy, and others, that will be improving in due time.

Player nobles are allowed to own land, subjects, collect taxes, etc., but rarely do players actually dwell in these lands. Thus, I propose this RP idea:

For player nobles: Are you interested in having players live on your lands?

For player non-nobles: Are you interested in having your characters live in player noble lands?

With the situation in Westfall worsening due to the Defias, this might foster a kind of RP that human characters players can engage in besides casual RP in Stormwind and world events. I don't have any full ideas yet, but among them are nobles sending their subjects to work, subjects having to pay taxes and send tribute, the formation of armies and militias, and so on and so forth. With this, players can possibly work for Lord So-and-So and take on roles of stewards, captains of the guard, and such.

This, of course, can possibly apply to blood elf nobility. I'm short on ideas for worgen nobility as Gilneas is contested at current.

Give your thoughts and suggestions!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
[-] The following 8 users Like ImagenAshyun's post:
  • Kira13, Piken, Dilly, ProjectRandom, Jonoth, Torches, Edgar, ThePharaoh
[Image: tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif]

SO MUCH WANT
[-] The following 3 users Like Nymus's post:
  • Kira13, Altaine, ThePharaoh
As a peasant, I would, but only if it included some revamp to the Nobility system so that Nobles were much, much rarer and harder to obtain. Otherwise, I feel like everyone would just make a Noble and there would be a fudged up ratio.
[-] The following 6 users Like FlyingSquirrel's post:
  • ImagenAshyun, Geoni, Kira13, Aethon, Sorum, ThePharaoh
PM
Wait, does that mean I can do this?

[-] The following 3 users Like Nymus's post:
  • ImagenAshyun, Altaine, ThePharaoh
(12-08-2013, 06:07 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: As a peasant, I would, but only if it included some revamp to the Nobility system so that Nobles were much, much rarer and harder to obtain. Otherwise, I feel like everyone would just make a Noble and there would be a fudged up ratio.

You bring up a very excellent point, though I think, at current, we don't have to worry about ratios. Most of the player noble houses seem to be inactive, or grouped up in a singular house. This is especially the case for Blood Elf nobles, where we have many players but only a small handful of Houses. I am thinking requiring reprofiling to allow player housing, but that may seem redundant.

(12-08-2013, 06:09 PM)Nymus Wrote: Wait, does that mean I can do this?

Do it.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ImagenAshyun's post:
  • FlyingSquirrel
I think this Hall & Oates song sums up my reaction to this post

Also, a possible solution to the ratio of landed nobles to peasantry, if I may? Make a distinction between patricians - rich, unlanded gentries with political clout - and nobles: rich, landed, gentries with significantly more political clout.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kindle135's post:
  • ImagenAshyun
PM
(12-08-2013, 06:07 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: As a peasant, I would, but only if it included some revamp to the Nobility system so that Nobles were much, much rarer and harder to obtain. Otherwise, I feel like everyone would just make a Noble and there would be a fudged up ratio.

This can be arranged. I may even have an idea.

Myes.

*sulks off to plot.*
[-] The following 4 users Like Reigen's post:
  • c0rzilla, ImagenAshyun, Geoni, FlyingSquirrel
PM
Taves Marrowmore is in support of this idea!

My noble has three notable lands in Eastern Elwynn - the Marrowmore Estate (just a manor with facilities / various things built around it) and the towns of Portley and Darrington. There'd be large tracts of farming land, but who'd wanna live there?

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
PM
Sounds epic!
[Image: Brugerking_zpsb9358f74.gif]
PM
(12-08-2013, 06:26 PM)kindle135 Wrote: Also, a possible solution to the ratio of landed nobles to peasantry, if I may? Make a distinction between patricians - rich, unlanded gentries with political clout - and nobles: rich, landed, gentries with significantly more political clout.

What about the rich, landed, gentries with significantly more political clout that were recently unlanded by the Forsaken? Such as my Worgen/Gilnean noble. Strictly speaking, as he still owns the land on paper, he'd be a noble... Except that, in practice, he doesn't have any land anymore...

And, on-topic-ness, I would be interested in this. Would likely get me to RP my noble more for that matter.
I like this idea and approve of it.

But would also love to see some type of politics stuff for Forsaken.. If someone could help work towards that, I'd love you..~

But back on topic; I bet I could work Aiden into this somehow.. Or maybe even Horace.. <plots>
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PM
I'd be up for this. I'd give me reason to make and develop my first alt. Sign me up!
PM
Spoiler:
[Image: Yes+Please+do_e50328_3582256.jpg]
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Aethon's post:
  • ImagenAshyun, Edgar
PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Would totes like to get my noble in on this. If peasants don't mind living in Duskwood.
"Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land. You, who are powerless, are not worthy to set foot here." - Cerberus
PM
I whole-heartily agree with this idea, mmm yes... Peasants to tax at high rates while we drink expensive wines... Yes...

I mean, uh.
[Image: dean2s.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like cartoonkarl's post:
  • ImagenAshyun, Harmonic
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: Forum/Skype RP Geoni 15 503 01-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SoarTheSky
  Sin Sholai 2: The Blood Pact Reborn ( Interest Check ) ThePharaoh 14 488 01-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Interest Check: The Terrific Travelling Troupe Geoni 5 173 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Interest Check: Red Glove ImagenAshyun 4 223 03-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Interest Check: Ranger Guild! Ruibarra 9 272 03-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Ruibarra