The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Intro for Buckeye
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have been playing WoW for over 2 years, and have yet to reach 80 on a single character. My focus has always been to have fun and enjoy the game, not rush through. Even in my days on PvP servers, I have tried to be courteous and helpful to people (a bit of a carebear). I play WoW to get away from real life every once in a while, no to prove that I am the best player. When it comes to RP, I may not be the best at it, but I have long been the person who consideres himself to be in-character at all times.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the US, currently residing in central Ohio. As such, I speak english. I don't speak any other languages, unless Excel formulas count as a language (I work with spreadsheets all day).

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I've been playing since the first game, and like WoW, I don't think I ever got to the end (and didn't really care to). I enjoy the rich world and characters that Blizzard has created.

What made you seek our server over others?:

You seem to really have your act together. This isn't some sort of "you can have it all and we have a bazillion players" private server. Plus, you really were the first one that came up when I searched. I really did fall into it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I can't think of a type, really. I just like to be immersed in the environment. I can tell you I'm not a fan of ERP, but I tend to let things go where they will. I haven't got any experience with this "roll combat" thing. I'm more of an emote it out or have an actual fight. In most situations, I tend to play a sort of background or secondary character as it offers me an opportunity to observe some of the RP techniques.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race is Tauren by far. I like to think that I am very much like them. When it comes to serious matters, I am straightforward and calm in delivery. I'm the one my friends come to when they want sage advice. On the other hand, I am a big dude, and despite the fact that I don't believe violence is the answer (and will go out of my way to avoid it), I will pummel you into the ground if that's what the situation warrants.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Well, RP. I am giving this a shot because I like the RP environment, but hate the douchebaggery of ye ol' Blizzard realms. I hope to find people who are willing to help me out with my RP skills, too (where applicable).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I really can't say there is one. Reading over the rules, they are damn near everythying I wish Blizzard would have in place for their realms. Some are a little "stricter" than I would have, personally, but nothing that makes the game unenjoyable (and I commend you for having the rules you want, and sticking to them).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The doorbell rang.

"Who the hell is that?", I asked my wife. "It's three in f***ing morning!"

I left the arguement that we were engaged in and stomped over to the door. As I approached I exclaimed "this better be someone important or your gonna eat my fist." I reached for door handle. On the other side of the room, I could hear her making comments about how I always find a way out the conversation, as if this really was one.

I opened the door to find my best friend standing there. Before I could speak a word, he reached into his windbreaker and produced a nine millimeter pistol. He grabbed my right hand and placed it squarely within, then he grabbed my shoulder and spun me around, facing back into the house.

My wife was walking in toward the kitchen as I raised the gun up toward her. My face was flush so much from the anger that I could feel it burning.

"Do it", he whispered. "Do it, now. I know just where to get rid of her."

I squeezed the trigger, and my gaze shifted endlessly back and forth between her figure moving ever so steadily away, and the hammer reaching it's apex. Just a slight bit more...

She disappeared around the corner, and I released the trigger, lowering the gun down by my side. I turned and handed it to my friend, and he stowed it away in his jacket.

"That was your one opportunity", he said calmly. "You obviously didn't wnat her gone that bad. Never say you want to kill her again, because I gave you your shot."

I stood in the open doorway, as he vanished from the end of the walk into the dark, trying to comprehend what had just happened.

"Who the f*** was that?"

"Nobody." Shutting the door behind me I said "I'm going to bed".

((Was this supposed to be a WoW story? It didn't really say. If so, replace "nine millimeter" with "deadly blunderbuss", and I think we're good.))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I guess the questions will come after I get in there and check it out. I may not be on a lot at first. This is something I will likely ease into.
Yo welcome here

Buckeye Wrote:.....My focus has always been to have fun and enjoy the game, not rush through......
Yeah, its the same with me :mrgreen:
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell