The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Ryan, and I am from Texas. I have been playing WoW for several years now, and at least trying to actively role play for at least half of them. Sometimes successful, sometimes not. I will like to point out that I am currently in the army, and sometimes because of that I might not be able to be as active, such as times that we have to go to the field and what not. I will try to let someone know if there will be a prolonged period, 1 week or more, that I cannot be active if this is a problem. This is not often, and for the most part I have no problems being active at all. If the few times I can't be active is a problem however, then I apologize for wasting your time. I highly enjoy playing with others and hearing their stories.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Texas, in the good old USA, so it goes without saying that my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced to WoW in 2006 by an army buddy. I have been playing off and on ever since. I'd take breaks here and there, but for the most part was pretty regular. At first I started on a PVE realm, but then after a while I transferred to the RP Realm Wyrmrest Accord. It's ok there, but I don't feel that it meets story needs. Retail wow RP is to clickish for my tastes. I hope this realm is not like this.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
This is actually kinda funny. I found out about this server because I did a google search trying to find out more about Troll Witch Doctors because I was interested in trying to RP one. Your forums was the first thing under wowpedia/wiki, which I had already read. I clicked on it and found the Question for the OP and the answers from the community to be helpful and supportive, which is not what I am used to for retail. This is also what made me do more research into your server.

What kinds of role play do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of role play, but I especially enjoy a good role play with an over arching story, that continues on. I find that this kind of role play to be satisfying as well as a great way to help develop your character beyond the initial stages. This is not to say I don't enjoy the random walk up, and casual role plays, because I do, it's just the type with the story makes it feel to me as if my time is actually well spent. I was not sure what you wanted put there, so I put a little snippit of a character I already play on retail.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is a tough question for me. I would have to say Human and Gnome for Alliance, and Troll for Horde. Humans because they are the easiest to get creative with, and I enjoy the challenge of making a character that most people think is blah into something interesting. With the Gnomes, I enjoy the inquisitive nature and technological attitudes. It allows you to break from the typical fantasy roll, yet at the same time not break character or wow lore. As for classes I don't think I have a set favorite. On the main game, I play Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, and Hunter. All at various levels of course, not all max. I will say that in role play, I tend not to play the class as what it actually is, with the exception of Paladin and Druid. Those are always those. For example, my warlock is, in RP, a Blood Elf Blood Mage with a dark streak. He experiments on people and things, and is actively trying to find out why some of the blood elf people devolved in the the wretched, and maybe even duplicate the process. My shaman is who I wanted to make a Troll Witch Doctor. This is what I would probably start with on your server, if accepted, because it was what originally led me to find you in the first place.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of the server are really just to find good role play with good people. I have only seen this sporadically on the retail version of the game, and I grow tired of not finding anything at all sometimes. I really hope this community is still active because I am very interested in trying it out. As said before, I found your forum looking for something else, but was very impressed with the supportiveness expressed in it. Something that I don't usually see elsewhere.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I particularly like the Respect and Tolerance rules. As said before, these are things that I don't find on the retail side much, and what really turned me off from it. I also like the fact that you expect people to know what setting they will be role playing in.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Salaniron Tir'Engeven is the only child born to Blood Knight Commander Variel Tir'Engeven and his wife Elynasun Lightrose. His father taught him how to wield a sword from a young age, hoping that Sal would follow in his families foot steps and become a might paladin for the justice of his people. Salaniron had different plans however. He was drawn to the arcane. He wanted to learn how to wield the power of magic between his finger tips. Real magic, not the light that is. When he was old enough, he ran off with his mothers Aunt, a woman by the name of Eladeyvia Blackflame, to study the ways of the arcane. She took him in, and with the help of other mages, taught Salaniron a great deal about magic and the arcane.
Upon the completion of his training, Salaniron, like almost all Blood Elf mages, join the Thalassion Magistery. Within the Magistery however, Salaniron only rose to the rank of Arcanist. It is not the lack of power or knowledge the prevented him from becoming a full Magister, it was his attitude. He never understood the vast amount of politics invovled with the magistry. He never understood why the magisters were content with the knowledge that they had, and spent very little time trying to find out answers to other things. Because of his unhappiness with the magistery, he decided to study a type of magic that was frowned upon by the the magistery ever since Kael'Thas's betrayal. He studied his magic. Kael'thas's magic, and became one of the few Blood Mages left in the city.

Salaniron, however, was not still satisfied with this. He wanted more. He realized that it was not the knowledge of the arcane that he craved, but knowledge itself. He had to know why. Why did the magic work the way it did, and why did it not work in other ways? Why were certain people naturally gifted in its control, but others couldn't so much as light a candle with magic? Why were some so susceptible to magic, that when they were cut off from the Sunwell, did they devolve into the Wretched? Salaniron had to find out. He had to find out all the answers. This burning curiosity inside of him had to quenched.

He began to experiment. Only on the Wretched at first. He had to figure out how they were different. For him to find out why, he had to find out what made them different than the rest. The tests were excruciatingly painful for the Wretched. Eventually, he even tried to find out what made a Blood Elf turn into a Wretched in the first place.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I really hope that this server is still accepting new members and is still active. I was really impressed with the people in the forums. My only concern is the fact that I haven't seen a template post since like 2012. Maybe I just missed some. I am applying this in hopes that it works. The way I see it, Can't hurt to try and I won't know unless I do.

Also please note that the story that I put is not about someone that I will be playing at this time. I may make this character at a later date, but right now I am more interested in a troll witch doctor, which I will need to feel out a bit to get a full background on. It was just to give you a sample of what I can do. It is also only a short summery of the full story.
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Drair!

Thanks for sharing that story with us! With school starting up again, a good handful of the community is busy cramming all sorts of information into their heads at all hours of the day, so we've quieted down a bit despite still being active. When you mentioned that you hadn't seen a template post since 2012, what sort of template are you referring to? Are these introductions, or profiles? Anyways!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!
I was looking at other introduction links at the bottom of the template page, the latest one was from 2012. Maybe I missed some, it's very possible. I don't mind this at all. I just hope the server is active, and judging by the fast response on this it is! Also, after I posted this I looked around the forums and saw more recent posts. I probably should have done that first in hindsight. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look this over! I look forward to checking out the server!
Hmm. Not sure why that is, it may be to help prevent folks from stealing introductions! It was my pleasure to read your story, and we look forward to having you! :D
Can't figure out how to get the server to work. I've followed the instructions, and downloaded the realmlist file that is needed for the server, however it is still taking me to the MoP wow. It says your server is at cata. How do I depatch to the current one you use? Is it possible to have both the retail patched to full, and to be able to play this private server too? I know this probably doesn't go here, but I didn't want to revive a dead thread. This is all very confusing.
(09-16-2013, 01:49 PM)Drair Wrote: How do I depatch to the current one you use?

It's impossible to depatch a game. *Nods*

(09-16-2013, 01:49 PM)Drair Wrote: Is it possible to have both the retail patched to full, and to be able to play this private server too?

Yep! I did this for a good few months when I decided to test out Mists of Pandaria raiding. Just install a new World of Warcraft specifically at Cataclysm, link included here, but you may need to install BitTorrent if you don't already have that. Once you got that step done, follow the guide right over here!

Edit: Be certain to download it to a place where you won't lose it while not putting it someplace you won't like! (I made that mistake.) You can just take that WoW exe and create a shortcut off of it, and place that shortcut onto your desktop for easy access once your download and setup's all complete. If you need any more help, drop a PM my way and I'll try to help you to the best of my ability!

(09-16-2013, 01:49 PM)Drair Wrote: I know this probably doesn't go here, but I didn't want to revive a dead thread. This is all very confusing.

And no problem!
(09-16-2013, 01:49 PM)Drair Wrote: Can't figure out how to get the server to work. I've followed the instructions, and downloaded the realmlist file that is needed for the server, however it is still taking me to the MoP wow. It says your server is at cata. How do I depatch to the current one you use? Is it possible to have both the retail patched to full, and to be able to play this private server too? I know this probably doesn't go here, but I didn't want to revive a dead thread. This is all very confusing.

It is possible to play on both CotH's servers and blizzard's "retail" edition, though you will need two versions of the World of Warcraft client files, patched accordingly. There are downloads for both Mac and PC available in the download/addon section.
Once it is downloaded, you'll replace the realmlist file in the cata client, and patch the World of Warcraft.exe if necessary. You should prolly rename/relocate the cata WoW launcher file, as the launcher file will attempt to automatically update instead of starting the game.

With that all done, choosing which version of WoW to play is as simple as remembering which wow.exe is which. A lot of CotH users play retail, too, so if you want some company, just ask around.

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions around here or express any concerns or comments. GMs being accessible to users is promoted around here, and I've never received any harsh words for asking random users for assistance, as well. :)
Well I can say that just from what I have read on the forums, and the positive attitude I have received from the one thread I have posted in, I already love you guys. I am not used to being treated well in WoW by people I don't really know. I think I will enjoy it here! Thanks!
Why, hello there, fellow Texan!
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
I have downloaded the link that Rini provided me a few days ago. It would not let me log on. Why I try, I get the error message, The information you entered is invalid. Please check the spelling of your name and password. "If you need help retrieving a lost or stolen password, see HTTPS://wow-europe.com/login-support for more information." error message. I know my information is correct, I even reset my password to make double sure. I tried this with the original realmlist.wtf file that it came with, then downloaded the one for this server from the forums thinking that might be the issue. No dice. I got both the game client and the realmlist.wtf files from this forums, and followed instructions to the letter. I don't know what else to try. Any help will be appreciated.
(09-17-2013, 02:59 PM)Drair Wrote: I have downloaded the link that Rini provided me a few days ago. It would not let me log on. Why I try, I get the error message, The information you entered is invalid. Please check the spelling of your name and password. "If you need help retrieving a lost or stolen password, see HTTPS://wow-europe.com/login-support for more information." error message. I know my information is correct, I even reset my password to make double sure. I tried this with the original realmlist.wtf file that it came with, then downloaded the one for this server from the forums thinking that might be the issue. No dice. I got both the game client and the realmlist.wtf files from this forums, and followed instructions to the letter. I don't know what else to try. Any help will be appreciated.

Hmm. That sounds odd. At this point, I'd suggest making a thread in Technical Support; I'm not certain what else to suggest, really!
You did create an account via Account Management, correct?
Yes sir I did!
Hello there, @Drair!

Have you registered on the server yet? If you check the main menu to the left, look for Account Management! If you haven't registered there, that should do the trick!

EDIT: Kretol's post and the other didn't show up on my phone. Never mind!

Anyways; Good luck fixing the issue and welcome to the server,

@Rowgen
GM
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
I figured it out a couple of days ago. I've no idea what I did, or if it was even anything I did that fixed. I was tinkering and upon a check it worked. I said this in the technical issues one I posted, but must have forgotten about here. I've already made two characters, Calan, a human paladin that I have RPed in other games that I'm going to try to convert into wow, and Razishi a troll "shaman" that I eventually want to make into a witch doctor, because it was looking for lore on witch doctors that led me to your site. Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully I will see people in game soon!