The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a roleplayer and gamer since the early 80's, being acustomed to tabletop roleplay I was not attracted to the first computer roleplaying games like "diablo" that actually are not "roleplaying games" in the real meaning of it.
As part of the SecondLife Community I got to know free style online roleplaying that attracted me very much.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm a German living in Spain. So I can handle Spanish, English and German.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got in first contact with Warcraft since the Stragegy Game Warcraft III which had a very interesting character representing feature.
Now I already learned World of Warcraft on different Private Servers.
Getting to know the Trinity Engine I was very intrigued by the posibility of creating and changing content for the World of Warcraft client.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was really looking for Online Roleplaying with the Setting of World of Warcraft

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy character progressing to some degree and meaningful action. That was what i was grown up from the tabletop roleplaying games and kept me attracted since then.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like upright and honorable characters that are driven by principles.
I enjoy interlectual characters but also combat ready ones.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm intrigued to know to which degree the rigid in-world society of World of Warcraft is changeable to player interactions.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
the nobility system seems to me interesting as to which degree the in-world society is changeable by character interactions.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
sure. I think it will speed up integration.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
the initial meaning of roleplay was to represent a character that is somewhat different from oneself, not to play oneself with an in-world body.
So I would to play different characters as i feel they might have an interesting impact on the in-world society.
I don't want to think in a box as to be this or be that. I rather want to be versatile in roleplay.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
certainly there will come up more questions as I will start to play.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Bodolfo has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello Bodolfo, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Quote:As part of the SecondLife Community I got to know free style online roleplaying that attracted me very much.

Huh, I never thought of SecondLife to be a place where RP goes on a lot, but I'm sure that gives you an interesting place to come from. What in SecondLife did you RP, if you don't mind me asking?

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo

P.S.

Quote:Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
the initial meaning of roleplay was to represent a character that is somewhat different from oneself, not to play oneself with an in-world body.
So I would to play different characters as i feel they might have an interesting impact on the in-world society.
I don't want to think in a box as to be this or be that. I rather want to be versatile in roleplay.

I want to note that this is not what we count as a story, but that shouldn't stop you from being accepted. However if you apply for gruntship later on you'll want to have a story in the in-character forum or edited in here. That being said, I really like your thoughts on RP here, and completely agree - all to often I find that people like to just stick themselves in an avatar and call it a character, which isn't bad roleplaying if that character is still well thought out, but it doesn't allow for a lot of diversity.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
About SecondLife Roleplay:
Now as I look back I see that I was playing 2 years at the "Kingdom of Sand" game within the virtual world SecondLife.
It is actually a game within the virtual world that works with custom scripts to manage combat and spell casting.
As I also said before I don't like to be stuck in one and the same old role and so during the time at Kingdom of Sand I assumed different roles from Priest to Warchief and Shaman. Finally I ended up inventing my custom and untypical Orc Character
http://kos.socionex.com/profile/Hugo/Cerise/
Reading about Orcs in many different roleplaying games like "AD&D", "The Dark Eye", "Middle-Earth" and "World of Warcraft" I found that the in-character lore is very arbitary and according to the very personal taste so I came to set up some in-character lore blog for rp purposes
http://blackscourgeorcclan.blog.com/
there are also other rp games on SecondLife with their own custom lore like
"Kingdom of Taure Ru"
http://secondlife.com/destination/taure-ru

But going through all these games I found that the scripting is not as advanced as it is in World of Warcraft and spell casting is only developped in the basics or even not existing.

World of Warcraft is still the Mother of all MMRPGs and still unreached.
Taure-ru rings a bell but I swear I've never actually looked into it before. Either way it looks great. And sometimes I forget how diverse second life can be. Even though #worlds.comsquadforever.
[Image: anim_500.gif]