The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction - Arasinyia
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

As a player I consider myself to be an avid seeker of good roleplay and kinship for those who enjoy the lore. Although my time in a roleplaying community has fluctuated over the years, I would never consider myself to have "strayed" from my passion. Not just in roleplay but in writing itself, I enjoy creating unique and interesting situations or storylines, from epic adventures to classical style warfare.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from the United States, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Originally I got into the Warcraft series with the original game. I proceeded on to play all of the succeeding Warcraft games and finally I was introduced to World of Warcraft in the late beta stage.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

One of my friends actually introduced me to the idea of playing here, although he himself as not yet signed up. My draw here was the seeming passion within to keep the solidity and integrity of roleplay while still respecting and adhering to the predetermined lore.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I have to say that long, story-driven roleplays are my favorite types. I enjoy working with other characters to put their "goals" together and working toward a solution, whether all the goals are achieved at once or little bit and pieces draw them towards an ultimate goal. That is not to say I don't enjoy simply sitting around in a tavern listening to, or sharing, stories.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race/class combination is the human rogue. Although lacking in the special abilities or features that can be found on other races, as a human it is easy to extend my own knowledge and abilities onto the character. Humans are versatile, adaptive, and intellectual beings that are capable of finding ways through both technology and their environment to adapt to situations. I also enjoy the idea of mortality. Though most people don't tend to think of their characters as "aging", the idea of knowing that my character has a realistic (in comparison to real life) life span allows me to act as if s/he really does have a limited time in which to fulfill whatever purpose s/he is given. On the subject of rogues I just simply like the type of class that allows me to treat a character the most realistically. Although rogues possess a few skills that might be considered "impossible" to the average human, overall their class can be played to be similar to that of your average person. Using weapons, or simply tactically positioning yourself politically, verbally and physically can create a fun, yet challenging aspect to the roleplay.

What are your expectations of this server?:

The expectations set out for the server are simply the ability to roleplay with other people whom share a mutual respect and interest in both the art of roleplay itself and the lore. Although I am somehow lenient myself on borders between the lore and customization, I hope to find that the line is not one that is unclear or biased.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The portion about humility really speaks to me. I tend to play the supporting characters when it comes to character stories and therefore the idea that I may have a chance to act in this type of role with people whom, as previous stated, respect each other and the game is actually very exciting.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The sun already lit up most of the city by the crack of dawn. No mountains or trees were there to block the giant ball of light from waking the city. Some of the cooks were already at work, as were some of those working on the fields. She stood up, stretching and admiring the view of the oblivious people below her. The scent of fresh bread hinted through the heavier scent of dirt. Hunger had escaped her until that moment.
Valoriel was not a woman for sleep, especially when her head was once again an object of interest to those below her. Up there upon the outer curtain was a second home to her. No guards ever thought to seek her up there, simply because there was no true way to reach them. Once upon a time they were a place for archers, a place where the soldier in command might survey the fieldsand bark their orders. Such a time was long ago, war was hardly ever fought with conventional methods. Time had crumbled and chipped away at the stone steps that once led up into the towers and beyond that the walls. Some of the towers had even collapsed in places, repaired with other stones that were not quite as fortifying.
Climbing was only one of her many talents. One of the first times she had come to this city is when she had discovered the ability to reach the long since abandoned walls. She had never been able to picture herself climbing; she even feared falling from trees as a child. But as she grew into a woman, she found herself doing quite a handful of things she never expected herself to be doing. Beyond the outer curtain she could see the endless sands of the deserts. They seemed to get closer every time she looked at them. Perhaps if I should stop looking at them, they will stop spreading, she’d once thought. Just next to the armory overlooked one of the four tall towers that formed the corners of the outer wall. The stones it was made from were uneven, some jagged while others were smooth and flat. It took a careful hand and foot, but Valoriel had found a way to use the vines to climb up to the tower, and then it was just a matter of making it over the battlements and onto the walkway.
Her eyes wandered down her slender body. It seemed her armor was riddled with pieces of vines and dirt from her climb. A change of clothes was in order. In her pack she carried what she considered to be enough to live out the war up upon that wall. Food, silk for bandaging, herbs, alchemic mixtures, and clothing were only some of the things stuffed into the burlap sack. She knelt down beside the bag, rummaging through it. Once of the first things she found was a strip of dried meat. Often while in the city she could cut a piece off of the racks to add to her supplies. It was extremely dry and salty, but a hungry stomach was not a picky one. She stuck the tough meat into her mouth and chewed on it while she continued to search the pack. A wool tunic finally came forth from her supplies, putting it on with little thought of it. Most of the clothes she wore were stolen and almost none of them actually fit her. This particular piece however suited her quite well, and the color, a dark grey, complimented the cloaked hood she would wear with it. Hunger was temporarily sustained, her clothing was more suitable for walking the city; she was ready to depart from her wall.
Valoriel was never foolish enough to climb back down, despite how easy it would be to do so. Just one person in the wrong place could jeopardize her hideaway, and she had grown too fond of the place to relocate herself. Her limps were sore from sleeping on the stone for yet another night, but she would never complain. Rather on these stones than the ones in the stockade, she thought, walking towards the tower. The outer curtain was much taller than the inner. She was confident the only thing that could see her from this height was the birds that owned the sky above her. At the arch of the tower she had secured a rope, just long enough for her to drop down onto the remaining stone steps and descend to the door that led into the bailey.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'd just like to add that I'm really glad something like this exists and I hope you enjoyed the read!
Hello and welcome to COTH!

I believe you'll find our community quite to your liking. Also, thank you for spinning us a tale. We are currently in transition from version 3.3.5a to 4.3.4a (Beginning Wednesday the 24th) so be sure to check the Downloads section if you do not already possess a compatible cata client. The transition will likely involve a fair sum of confusion but will surely provide plenty of fresh RP opportunities once everyone has settled in.

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you remain familiar with the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there a number of fantastic articles and guides available and they are an excellent resource even if you are familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for developing your character and for constructing your first profile, such as the official timeline, character development questionnaires and weight/height guidelines.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game (I don't personally advise joining barrens chat, due to its ridiculous nature ;p) if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to contact me via PM whether I am online or off, should you require any assistance.

I hope you enjoy your stay!
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]