The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction: Jonael
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Good evening everyone! Well, I am 26 and will don the name “Jonael” on this forum. I’m an avid gamer, focusing mostly on team-play, character building and lore… to the extent where there are some games I haven’t clocked a single minute on and yet know tomes about its background story and lore. I greatly enjoy the thought and effort that goes into designing the world around a game. I’ve been in and out of the Warcraft universe and must admit that this is the first time I am blending this fantastically rich world with another hobby I enjoy: role-playing. It should be a right laugh, I’m sure!

As for personality, I probably fall under the quiet type.. quiet but confident. I love helping, cooperating or enabling fellow companions around me. So I look forward to both listening to and encouraging fellow roleplayers around me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am originally from Switzerland, though following a childhood of moving throughout Europe I am now settled in the Netherlands… for the time being. Mongrel that I am I can’t say I have a primary language. I pride myself in maintaining a thespian grasp of English though, and I also speak Dutch, Spanish and German fluently. Before moving to the Netherlands I attended university in Scotland; an experience I hope to draw on heavily for an immersive dwarven character.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My first experience with the Warcraft universe was Warcraft II. Not in my wildest dreams did I expect this two raced gem to develop into an entire universe like it has. I got hooked on Warcraft III when it came out, immersing myself into the rich lore where others saw it purely as a fast paced strategy game to boost their egos and scream abuse at colleagues. When WoW came out I was fascinated with it, a world of rich story and characters for the taking… sadly the ridiculous payment schemes meant that I never allowed myself to submerge myself into the game completely. Even from the side-lines though I’ve kept a hungry eye on the lore and development of stories. I’m confident that as we role-play I will read up on and learn more and more of the intrinsic details on lore.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
The role-play aspect

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well, casual or as part of an epic adventure, I’d have to say I don’t have a particular favourite style. I can however say that I am not a loud front-stage role-player. I enjoy paying attention too much. That is not to say I don’t contribute with a rich character and emotion, but I also enjoy paying attention to those around me, listen to their story, ponder how their actions depict them or will have an effect on their personal story… Fighting though definitely leaves me cold, haha

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race are most definitely the majestic Draenei. However, seeing as I need to wipe the dust off of my wow lore and would like to warm up into the roleplaying without a cramp or pulling a muscle I thought I would start off with a Dwarf.. play it safe, small and Scottish ;)

As for the class, I am and always will be a loyal Paladin.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Oh, well: I’m hoping to enjoy a good bit of role-play within an enjoyable, vibrant and lively community of fellow enthusiasts. I do enjoy breaking my head over an intricate and exciting character of my own, but what fun is there in that if you don’t go out into the world and challenge your character’s characteristics, traits and story with other people’s interactions. I’m confident this server holds a bunch of inspiring, mature and encouraging people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
They all seemed reasonable and most certainly respectable.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
No - The concept sounds intriguing and I will certainly consider it. To start off with though I’d like to warm up a little first.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I will take the option to complete this later, if that’s alright ;)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing comes to mind. I'm certainly intrigued to meet the community
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Jonael has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Welcome to CotH, Jonael.
(Pronounced "Jo-nail" or "John-ale?)

Dwarves are always good. Always. I welcome both your enthusiasm and anticipate the characters you intend on bringing into play! And don't worry, this server does have plenty to offer for non-combat oriented characters.

If you haven't had a chance yet to do so, I strongly advise that you read over the Rules and Policies posted above by Overseer Krotok. With that said, I would also like to direct you to the Account Management page, where you can create your in-game account. Please use the same login information that you have used for the forums. You do not have to submit a character profile in order to begin roleplaying, but if you are waiting for the client to download or want to get a jump on earning your Gruntship, you can get started writing your profile Here.

As for getting settled into the server proper, I would suggest reading Reigen's New Player Guide. It lists useful commands, portal locations, Grunt information and more, all neatly collected in one post. To get connected to the community outside the client, continue browsing the forums and/or take a look at this thread to learn how to join our Skype group.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here or contact any of the GMs and Forum Helpers found Here.

Happy Roleplaying!
Thank you for the warm and informative welcome Dae.

Jonael, as I imagine it, is pronounced: Ioh-na-el, starting with a soft European “J”, if such a thing can be defined, haha. I’m sure a Skype conversation or two will clarify such a trivial side note in due time.

Thank you for all the clear pointers. In preparation for this introductory post I think I’d touched on most of them, but the skype group is a pleasant surprise I would have completely missed out on! Thanks ^^ The next couple of days I will most likely roam about the server a little, doing some lone-adventuring and grinding, just to get a feel for the environment again, the towns, the npcs and their stories, dreams and ambitions.. and maybe some interesting happenings that will trigger or inspire an interesting background story to my first dwarf character. I have to say I’m very much enjoying it so far.

Thanks again for the welcome and hopefully see you around the community sometime soon,