The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction Memphis
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello! my name is Tom. I'm 21 years old and have a busy schedule. including work, girlfriend, and many more. There for the time i have left to game i want to make the best out of it and enjoy it 100%. I'm a dedicated player because i need to put my short time to good use!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Language: Dutch

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Played blizzard games since Warcraft 2, always being a big fan of anything blizzard especially Warcraft.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
To be honest. I have known this server for years now and always being too shy to apply.
I've always wanted a good RP server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Nothing too special. Casual talking, finding myself a few friends, to hang around with, have good conversations and explore the world together. I enjoy following people into their missions to assist.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Undead have a great background & story, I love exploring their landscape's.

I love priest's because they can be anything, from an evil shadow priest, to a holy man serving the light.

What are your expectations of this server?:
After waiting for years to apply. I have a great expectation.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Copy & paste
Maturity

Specifically, the ability to deal with issues in a rational, reasonable, adult manner. It means being able to have the clarity of vision to be critical and honest with oneself, and to act based on the greater good rather than the personal good. It means being able to rise above pettiness and to recognize that some conflicts are simply not worth getting into. A mature player knows better than to get involved in a confrontation with someone who is griefing them or engaging in some other irritating behavior. Players in this community and on this server should be able to put their pride aside and respond appropriately. You should also be mature enough to realize that, due to the general lack of restrictions with RP, you may encounter or stumble across some R-rated events (whether it's language, violence, intimacy or something else).

This is important for me!

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Yes please. I have done a lot of roleplaying in vanilla & the burning crusade, I feel like I lost my ways and would like a friendly player to help me re gain this.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long. But most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I'm afraid this is going to be my weakest point of my introduction! having being away from roleplay now for a long time, I'm having struggle's doing this, that's why I wish to have a mentor. I'm a kind of player that finds his way in any situation. I do realize when I need to stop or not enter a story, so I do not ruin it with lack of skills, I wish to learn more before I enter a high skilled story line.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm a working man i only have around 3 days to play in a week. i learn fast and i hope to learn it here! Also I'm sorry if i have made mistake's in my English, I do realise that is a bad thing, but I learned it my self from games. not from school, so I'm doing my best! I accept people fixing my grammar to help me in the future!

Sincerely Tom.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Memphis has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
I hope we don't have a reputation for being intimidating. D:

Speaking of which, time for me to tell you what you need to do before I'll give this introduction approval.

1) If you could, give the introduction a lookover for spelling and capitalization errors, as keyboarding skills are one of our rules. Since you're ESL, remember that there's nothing wrong with taking things slow, regarding that rule. If you need help with this, I can highlight things for you.

2) Expand some of your answers. These ones in particular:

Quote:What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Nothing to special. Casual talking, "hanging" around friends.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Undead Priest. Always have being since i remember.

What do you like about casual RP with characters hanging out with their buddies? What do you remember about the undead priest that made it your favorite out of all possible race/class combinations?
[Image: anim_500.gif]
edited out
One quick thing, could you edit your first post with the revised introduction you posted, and edit the second one out and replace it with something like 'edited out'? So it looks nice when approved and people read it.
Done :)
And delete everything below 'edited out' in post #4?
Done :) Sorry.
Nah, I'm the one who should be sorry for that lil' nitpick. But I want it to look nice. c: Without further ado...

Hello Memphis, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Quote:I'm a working man i only have around 3 days to play in a week. i learn fast and i hope to learn it here! Also I'm sorry if i have made mistake's in my English, I do realise that is a bad thing, but I learned it my self from games. not from school, so I'm doing my best! I accept people fixing my grammar to help me in the future!

I can understand the limited availability thing, and I have around 3 free days to RP as well, so you're not alone there. The mentor system is in limbo at the moment, but I'll sign you up for it for when it gets revived. In the meantime, I'm sure that anyone on the forum would feel more than eager to help you out with lore if you express the need for it.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
This might be a bit weird but im going to give it a shot. I'd like to thank you for the acceptance before Geoni. But shortly after i had to put down my gaming and pc for a very long time and did not really have a chance to even log in to this world. I understand this is strange and its being a very long time but im wondering if i can still enter? Or do i need to make a new application? Greetz Tom.
I'm sorry to inform you, that the server is dead, it got a DMCA strike. For more info please visit https://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Threa...#pid325971
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
If you're still reading this, have a look over here - it's where the rest of the Conquest of the Horde people went. https://wowfreedom-rp.com/f/

Check it out, it's even got the same forum layout. Home away from home.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]