The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction Numero Duo
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I was born in Ireland with three brothers who all taught me how to roleplay and got me addicted to computer games. I've played everything under the sun, from Baldur's Gate to Battlefield, from Tetris to Mass Effect. I'm a massive geek (but who isn't on this server?). I moved to England for a few years, then Germany, then China due to volunteering jobs that I've been doing since finishing my medical degree. Now I'm back in England for a bit, but often switch between here and Germany. I have also played a lot of NWN in the past, on various RP servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
As mentioned before, I'm from Ireland. I speak English, a little German, and enough Chinese to order a take-away.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My ex-boyfriend introduced me to the game, and a number of RP servers. I found them fun for a while, but none of them really had any in-depth roleplay to enjoy, so I figured I'd try out CotH.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I tend to shy away from heavy-combat encounters (such as raids and dungeon-crawling) on WoW in general, and I'm hoping that Conquest of the Horde will be a place I can weight anchor for a long while. As mentioned earlier. I googled 'roleplay servers WoW' to try to find a free-to-play WoW RP server, and I guess I found one!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm a fan of multiple types of RP: everything from tavern roleplay to one-on-one roleplay. I shy away from combat-orientated roleplay (fighting), and tend to focus more on story-driven plot than one-off roleplays that do nothing to aid progression of character story and plot development.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Class-wise, this has to be a toss-up between Shamans and Druids. Both have shape-changing abilities that can cause interesting encounters, and both are a nature-orientated class, which is something I love. Race-wise, I love the orcs as the original race of the Horde (I was a big fan the original Warcraft trilogy of games), and to me they are the most rich in lore.
I want to try my hand at playing a warlock at some point, and I also want to try out the night elves, though I imagine the first character I'll make on the server will be an orc shaman.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment, to quote an unknown Space Marine. I don't have expectations of the server. Instead, I intend to make interesting roleplay that involves lots of people, and I intend to take part in roleplay that involves lots of people. I hope that my first steps on the server will be with a character that I can develop, and will continue to develop throughout my time here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Maturity Rule. This rule has to be my favorite one of the lot! Too many times have I joined roleplay servers (not necessarily WoW servers, but this is true for those as well) and players have not acted, or been, mature in any way shape or form. If players aren't mature, I've noticed that they cannot allow other players to have fun. And what's the fun in roleplaying if no one else is having fun?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Many, many moons ago, I found an injured, bloody, and cold fox in the woods. Crippled, I knew the fox would die in a matter of hours if it was left like this, but I could not see it suffer. When I reached out towards the fox to nurture its wounds, I became aware that all was not as it seemed. This fox was not natural, and was touched by the Fel - descending into an evil thing.
I turned away from the fox, but as I strode off, I could not help myself but think of the poor critter. Against better judgement, I turned back to scoop the injured animal into my arms, and carry it to my shelter. There, I tore cloth for bandage, rummaged for medicine, and started a fire that would warm the creature up. I patched its wounds, fed it, and nurtured it.
The fox, revived by the warmth, awoke with green eyes. Without hesitation, it attacked me with vicious claws and sharp teeth. I was reminded of a fable of a scorpion that convinced a frog to allow it to ride across the river. Alas, this was the nature of Fel-twisted animals.
I did not allow it to live any longer. To this day, I have taken that in my mind - whenever I see a creature cursed by the Fel, I remind myself of the wounded fox, and I hear its twisted voice loud in my mind;
"It has nothing to do with logic: it's just my nature. I am the scorpion."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I look forward to playing on this server, and meeting lots of people!
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, KrevSekera!Hug
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

If you still have more pressing questions:
  • Please feel free to Private-Message(PM) me or any staff for answers.
  • Ask the players in-game; many are very much willing to help! ^.^
  • Pay our wiki a visit. The CotH-Wiki is a host of much information.
Beyond this, please be sure to read the rules and policies.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro numero 2 Shadowlurker 1 783 09-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Uthaniel