The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction: Waswar
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've had a subscription to World of Warcraft a couple years ago, but I quit about a month or so before the Burning Crusade expansion was released. I've recently been looking into it again as I still ever-so intrigued by the lore, and I find an opportunity to roleplay in the setting, rather satisfactory.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the United States, my native, primary, and only Language so far, is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Quite a few years ago, I popped a disk for Warcraft III into the CD drive and frankly, was hooked; It was the first strategy and fantasy game I played at that age, or one of the first. Though really I spent a lot of time doing nonsense and that, I received The Frozen Throne expansion as either a Christmas or Birthday (They're 5 days away, so gifts to me are said to come from one or the other.) gift, and notably continued my quest of nonsense. Not long after, I subscribed to World of Warcraft, and played for a couple months. However, I quit about a month before the expansion The Burning Crusade was released, to join a friend in playing Everquest II.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A friend of mine referred me to come here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Outside of a few types of roleplay like ERP which I mostly tend to avoid the best I can, I overall enjoy virtually all types of roleplay. Though, I do say travelling and tavern roleplay usually stick out as a favorite of mine, for some reason.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Ever since I received a High Elven Priest or sorceress in the human campaign in Warcraft III, I've been obsessed with the High Elven race. I remember in the Undead Campaign, one could train banshees and research possession, and literally posses High Elven peasants to make High Elven Buildings and soldiers, to fight Sylvanas and the Elven forces of Silvermoon.

Although, I know not to persist in attempting to crusade for High Elves to be playable, so I settle for Blood and Night Elves, preferably Blood Elves.

I have liked magic-type classes since I first encountered them, such as the sorceress or priest units in Warcraft III. But the Night Elven Sentinels and High Elven Archers and Rangers really made any bow-type classes quite likable for me. I settle for either Mage or Hunter, as such.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A roleplay server in the Warcraft universe that provides the satisfaction of having a mature player-base.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The ability to op-out of certain roleplay situations if you out-of-character-ly feel uncomfortable about it, or from my presumption from the statement about it in the rules that implies you may opt-out.

The 'Keyboard skills' Rule, as I find very many servers and games that should theoretically be roleplay-dominant, are plagued with players typing in '1337' and using absurd acronyms and the like.
Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Anadrel is staring off into the Dead Scar of Quel'Thalas. The woods of Eversong are quiet in the night, the few sources of light coming from her eyes, and the eyes of Magister Saro'Vhek. She gazes at the shambling monsters and undead that dwell within the scar. With a sigh, her head turns so she can face the Magister to her left, the man she is protege to. "The undead are tireless, master. I doubt we'll ever be able to drive them back." She says out loud to him, her voice soft yet solemn.

The Magister sighs, returning a gaze to Anadrel. "If Fel Magic, Or Arcane Magic, or the power of the Holy Light cannot smite these creatures down, so be it. But there is something that can." He says in a stern, and slightly haughty, tone, his luminous glowing-green eyes looking back out to the Scar, where they were fixed at before.

"But... Master, such a thing may require forbidden magics, or worse, such things should not be trifled with..." Anadrel says in a timid voice.

"I did not as for either your sympathy or criticism, I have no use for either. And if you are one day going to be a Magistrix, which you irritably told me an innumerably high amount of times that you would be as a whelp, you'll drop that insipid additude of yours."Saro'Vhek says rather loudly to Anadrel.

"y-Yes master... Forgive me master, surely these monstrosities will be destroyed with your studies and teachings.." Anadrel says, albeit in an un-assured tone.

"That is what I prefer to hear. By the holy light or some other blasted thing, this menace will be dealt with." Saro'Vhek says, looking out to the east, the tip of the sun's top-most piercings-of late visible poking above trees, buildings, and terrain that is in the way of it otherwise. "Anar'alah belore." He mutters, looking back to the Dead Scar, his grip on his staff tightening.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope that if I am approved, that I prove worthy of being approved in the first place.
Hello, @Waswar!

My name's Rowgen, and I have the pleasure of informing you that you are indeed approved. Welcome to the server! To give you a point in the right direction, I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with our rules and policies, and make sure you didn't miss anything. Better safe than sorry, you know? :)

Once you've done that, you might want to check out our tips for creating your first character. If there's anything you can't find there, we also have a subforum for articles and guides.

If you have any questions about getting in-game, you can direct them at our Staff. These players are marked by the colors of their names; we have Forum Helpers like myself, and Game Masters.

Once in-game, you're good to go! You can communicate with the other players online through the /chat and /barrens chat channels.

Hope to see you around in-game!
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]