The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introductions, news, and whut whut.
The introduction process, while it has had it's share of criticism, has more or less done it's job well. However, it supports a larger staff, it worked great when we had 5-7 gm's, but now it is nothing more than a chore, one that we don't want.

So we'll be phasing it out soon and testing if we can go well without it. We don't want to hear any of your "Yay that system sucked" or "Boo I liked that system" either. This isn't about you making a point it's about workload, if removing it causes more, we'll put it back. Simple as that.

Some sugar to go with the spice (more sugar for some) we've been discussing prestige titles as well. No news on that yet, I just thought I'd be an ass and mention it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Will this change anything for the people that already have a denied introduction?
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
Prestige???? What is that? peons, grunts, super grunts, super duper grunts and heroes? XDDD
Roobald2 Wrote:Will this change anything for the people that already have a denied introduction?

For the sake of us all and our poor Gm's I would imagine that anyone denied will likely remain denied.
Especially the ragetrain ones x.x
One would hope.
Just means that 'new' people don't have to go through the process.
Which could end up either working towards building a larger community, or be like the server was Pre-Wotlk
where we would have incidents every-so-often where some crazy sub-par rpers would come in, metagame people into insanity then spontaneously...explode :D
Or something like that, hah.

I'll watch carefully from the side with my whacking stick at the ready.

I do hope it makes the GM's job easier and not harder.
:s it seems like it could go either way.

Less hassle on the forums, but more griefers to deal with on the server itself.
But it could go off without a hitch, Who knows?
Best of luck with it though. o.O
Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again.
How, precisely is it going to be phased out?
[Image: Signature.png]
Will new people still be required to post introductions for the purposes of vouches?
"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?" --Thomas Jefferson
I think it will go back to the way it was pre-wotlk?
Where we posted introductions that were just there to let people get to know others and to house vouches.
It was a little more 'make it your own' than it is now, with just some basic info that had to be included in, otherwise you could make it fun and yours anyway you wanted.
Blaize Wrote:I do hope it makes the GM's job easier and not harder.
:s it seems like it could go either way.

Very valid point. I'm concerned that there needs to be some sort of validation process in its stead to ensure the quality RP CoTH is known for. Then again its not my place to speculate.

*looks worried but shuts his mouth and waits patiently."
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Like before, I think it will be more of a 'you don't need to make an intro at this point'. But you can't get vouches as a visitor, nor any of the special-cool stuff the peons/grunts do. They still only see certain forums, and post as such.

It'll mean that anyone can make a game account, and post an intro some other time I guess. :)
No, you still need an intro to make a game account. And we still reserve the right to outright ban you if we feel the need to based on your intro.
It sounds a bit risky, maybe too risky despite the oppertunity for the community to grow a bit more. But at the same time, I do look back at why they're doing it and the GMs do deserve a break from time to time, yes?
[Image: 4.jpg]
Mikain Wrote:No, you still need an intro to make a game account. And we still reserve the right to outright ban you if we feel the need to based on your intro.

Now I'm confused. If you still need a Intro to make a game acount what is the difference than before?
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Erm... the difference is you don't need approval before making a game account.
Ah! So it is like the old kind of intro system.
That actually didn't work so bad.
Aside from the infrequent idiots, it went fine and the GM's mostly had to just worry over character profiles and such.
And a big community isn't much needed anyways. Quality over quantity.
Seeing 24+ people online so frequently still blows my mind.
Psh right after I join.

JUST KIDDING. Personally, I though the introduction was a fun way to let you guys know things about me that I never would have shared on my own. I see the pros and cons of dropping the system. I would like to see it stay, but since this thread is not about that I say it's worth a shot!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introductions Kretol 4 1,568 11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  About Denied Introductions Kaghuros 7 1,827 06-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Important News Regarding Alignments! Harmonic 30 5,339 04-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Last Post: TwilightDisciple
  Introductions! Harmonic 4 1,309 02-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  This is not news. Qaza 0 874 01-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Qaza