The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introductory introduction of introducing
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm 20 years old currently working as an apprentice in digital marketing for a children's education / entertainment (edutainment) company, although I studied computer programming specifically games programming at 6th form (it's a Brit thing, more on that later) and through university which I dropped out of after a year for numerous reasons (I'm not putting a downer in the introduction that soon!).

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember, although back then my parents couldn't really afford more than one or two games for me a year, which was really what made MMOs so appealing, I could play something that never ended that cost about the same as a game that might last me only a limited number of hours.

I joined WoW about 2 months before the honor system was added (Which dates me at around patch 1.4), although I wasn't initially a roleplayer at the time and played on the PvP server Ragnaros (EU) for a while. I then decided to join The Venture Co. (EU) RPPvP server back on day one of it's opening on the 14th September 2005, and was a roleplayer ever since then. I eventually moved to Argent Dawn (EU) after the RP scene kind of died out and moved off on TVC and was there until the beginning of Cataclysm where I got pretty annoyed by the way the story was going and quit the game for good.

Since leaving WoW I've hopped around several MMOs for RP, SWTOR, GW2, TERA and a few others that I can't quite recall at the time of writing. I've also done forum based RP, IM based RP and so on (We used to jump on MSN back in the early days whenever the servers were down to get our fix).

I'm also a community moderator for the official Extra Credits fan site, they're a web series all about industry insider views of why games are made a certain way and things like that. (I'll not say much more than that, forums can be quite fussy about advertising!)

Still a gamer though where I can be, I play pretty much anything aside from puzzle games but my preferred genres are RPGs, RTS and especially anything spacey or with an interesting fantasy setting.

Oh and I also ramble a lot when I get the chance.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from the sunshine land of England, where we totally do not complain about how much it rains.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My first forays into the world of Warcraft (PUNS!) were with Warcraft 3 as well as the Frozen Throne. My favourite map was Adrenaline which if I'm remembering correctly is the one with all the trees separating bases. I'm a pretty slow and methodical RTS player which goes completely contrary to how most people play Blizzard RTS

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I originally tried out beta testing for another WoW RP private server which sadly closed down before being properly finished. I've always like the Warcraft universe and my issues with WoW have mostly been down to the usual stuff like superman Thrall and Garrosh's personality switching every five minutes depending on who's doing the writing (Christie Golden's novel The Shattering paints Garrosh as a much more interesting and relatable character despite him still being a bit moronic)

So I kind of just googled and there it was.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I really like Draenei for them being probably the most sensible race in the whole warcraft universe, though I also like how the night elves should be but how Blizzard always seems to forget... that being a race of fairly deadly hunters who don't take no nonsense from nobody and get the job done quickly and cleanly with their centuries of skill.

Oh and orcs are pretty good when they're being wise and spiritual rather than the raging brutes that they are often portrayed as.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I don't really have any aside from getting some really good Warcraft RP!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

You had to throw this one in didn't you?

I'd have to say that tolerance is certainly a big plus. One of the issues of being on normal MMO servers is that they're full of all sorts of people who aren't too good at tolerating others for any number of reasons... the most obvious one that many RPers would be familiar with is "Anti-RP trolls" who join RP servers just to tell you how much you suck for "wasting your life" RPing (The irony is quite clearly going straight over their heads)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was a dark and dry summer night in Orgimmar, the braziers burning brightly as their bone dry fuel fed their flames. A dark cloaked figure walked the streets, passing between tired eyed guards on patrol and the occasional other going about their nightly duties or hurrying home after an evening of tavern visits.

The figure walked on, not acknowledging any that passed it by toward the Drag. The air around it taking an unnatural chill of a cold northern winter. One orc passing by, drunk to the point of stupor, made the grave error of spitting toward the figure, the saliva freezing into a teardrop of ice as it passed into the freezing aura.

"Wretched monster!" He spat again. The figure stopped and slowly turned it's hooded head. "You heard me! You're a monster... an abomination to the Hor--"

His words were cut short as a metal clad gauntlet clenched around his neck. The hood falling back to reveal the cold and dead eyes of a deathknight, an orc female who's skin shimmered with a thin sheet of ice that preserved her undead body from the elements and decay, frozen in perfect preservation for eternity.

"Ah yes, you must be one of those..." The undead orc stared into him, completely devoid of any emotion, her voice rasping like a freezing blizzard. "Abomination to the Horde you say? Tell me, whelp, what have you done for the Horde that makes you feel so proud, so worthy of "honour"." She spoke her final word with a very clear tone of belittlement.

The drunken orc was clearly shaken, the ice caked metal fingers around his neck slowly freezing him certainly weren't helping either. "I uh... killed a few humans... you know... war stuff"

The icy deathknight pressed her forehead to his, staring right into him with her glowing blue eyes. "Killed a few humans hm? And I suppose in Garrosh Pigscream's Horde thats what makes a hero hm? I suppose that you feel like a great warrior of the Horde, hm?" She tightened the vice-like grip around his neck. "I gave my life fighting for the Horde, for a better future for our people. For a world in which we could live free of the darkness that brought us here. Do you know anything about why this city even exists? Do any of you? You and that boneheaded ogre in that fortress probably think that the name Hellscream is one of honour and glory... but let me tell you, our people have never fallen so far than we did then. Freeing us from that taint brought some redemption to the name, but such things cannot be completely forgiven.

We already lost one home because of the foolishness of the likes of Hellscream and Nerzhul, we will not be so lucky if it happens once again.

I did my part for the Horde, I died in battle in Northrend fighting for what I believed would be a better future for those that would come after, only to return to find it squandered and the arrogance and pride of the dark times rolling back in.

So tell me, whelp, who is the real Horde? Because let me tell you... that swine who calls himself Warchief isn't it. Dismantling everything that made us great again, twisting us once more into a people who fight simply to fight more, destroying progress that took years of cultivation, bonds of trust and friendship that made us strong."

The deathknight opened her gauntlet and threw her hood back up over her and walked off into the night, leaving the drunkard completely dazed and confused at what just happened.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

THE LASTLY IS IN THE WRONG PLACE, IT SHOULD BE ON THIS QUESTION!
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Draczar!

I see you didn't completely answer one of our questions - what is your favourite class to roleplay?

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!
(09-21-2013, 06:58 AM)Rini Wrote: Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Draczar!

I see you didn't completely answer one of our questions - what is your favourite class to roleplay?

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Unfortunately I couldn't edit the post after I'd put it up else I would have elaborated further...

Although, I don't really have a favourite race / class combo, my most played character was a Draenei warrior, second most a Night elf druid and third most an orc deathknight, so I guess that might be how I would define "favourite" in this case.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Benevolent God of Darkness' Introductory Thread Shadowsniper133 3 905 08-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
Video Introducing myself UnStoppableHax 3 1,036 06-24-2014, 02:43 AM
Last Post: UnStoppableHax
  Introducing myself. UnholySlayer123 2 915 06-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Introducing Plagues Plagues 1 887 03-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Geoni
Rainbow Now Introducing.. ZackFang! ZackFang 2 970 03-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Last Post: ZackFang