The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Is CotH in danger from DMCA?
http://newenthusiast.com/blizzard-hitti ... 0081205248

The message sent to Softlayer was requesting that the following servers be shutdown within 24hours or legal action would be taken

Wowscape
Toxic-WoW
Burning WoW
WoWGasm
Chaos Crusade
WoW Fusion
Ani-WoW

and there's a few others.

Here's a letter sent to Softlayer. http://www.conflictwarcraft.com/Dec3LtrtoSoftlayer.pdf

"With a new release of WOLTK and 3.0.3 Blizzard has installed a special protection in their patch. Any servers that have WOLTK and receive incoming connections using the client, it reveals the source of the connection. So as you may notice any large server with WOLTK is being shutdown legaly." This was from the admin at V.C.N.

CotH will probably fly under the radar, but is it in any possible danger of being shut down?
I doubt that CoTH will be in trouble since we have such a small amount of users.

I really think that if they took down CoTH they would need to fix the problems with their Live RP servers.

Really now, none of us would have a problem with live if say....They enforced their own policies.

But Blizzard is lazy and won't.

And CoTH will stay on for another day.

<333
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I'm happy they shut down that big PVP servers for complete *cough*

I also hope they don't notice us, we don't steal their people, and we are heavy RP.

Should we get torches to burn DMCA?
[Image: irontrooperx.png]
Hey! Chaos Crusade was good to me during the downtime here...
Besides the bottom line of that thing said it was a possible Hoax, and the sencond link doesn't work for me...
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
If they shut down CotH I will make it my goal to get them to make a role-play server with CotH-sort of ruleset. Bring the RP back into MMORP!
See THIS is the REAL reason why the GMs didn't want large amount of players...

They can see into the future!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
OMG YAY TOXIC wow is getting shut down :D worst server ever

Not Found

The requested URL /Dec3LtrtoSoftlayer.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_mono/1.9 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.conflictwarcraft.com]www.conflictwarcraft.com</a><!-- w --> Port 80

whats that mean the links broken?lol
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
Really though.

If they actually gave a flying...broomstick about us Roleplayers I really doubt we would have to seek it on private servers.

They made this wonderful MMORPG with a vast plain of lore to help us create a roleplaying setting in which we seek, yet they don't care enough to keep it enforced. If they even thought about making one or two REAL RP servers, that were -actually- enforced, I bet we really wouldn't have this problem at all.

Enough of my rant.

<333

[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I think we need to hear Kretol's opinion on this question.
Why would people be happy the big servers are being shut down? Those people have to go somewhere, and a lot of them aren't going to retail.

I'm sad to see Chaos Crusade go. Their PVP server was stupid fun.

Regarding the Hoax: No, it's legit. You can even go to the law firm's website and read their news/milestones section. In tons of lawyerspeak, the mention this recent and a few other moves.
˜★Sketch Blog
I hope blizzard regrets this greatly :) And people will likely stop playing retail with them shutting private servers down but if that stuff about the new patch it true why dont we just cover out bums by using proxy servers (?)
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
MyFinalSin Wrote:I hope blizzard regrets this greatly :) And people will likely stop playing retail with them shutting private servers down but if that stuff about the new patch it true why dont we just cover out bums by using proxy servers (?)

I doubt people will stop playing retail over this.

Blizzard targets the servers with a large amount of players since they techinacally "steal" from their playerbase. I doubt they will care for servers with less than 30 players.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Nostra Wrote:
MyFinalSin Wrote:I hope blizzard regrets this greatly :) And people will likely stop playing retail with them shutting private servers down but if that stuff about the new patch it true why dont we just cover out bums by using proxy servers (?)

I doubt people will stop playing retail over this.

Blizzard targets the servers with a large amount of players since they techinacally "steal" from their player base. I doubt they will care for servers with less than 30 players.

lol that's logical :) I deleted the EULA and the TOS so i don't know plus i never played on retail im to poor so they can exactly ban a nonexistent account/ip from there database right? :D lol long as CoTH stays up im happy
Yeah, Nostra is right. CotH will probably be fine.
Yeah when they begin to "attack" the larger servers with legal magic, CotH is defintaly going to be over looked since...

1. It's currently offline.

2. It has hardly any number of people, no threat to money loss there.

3.It's RP and Blizzard doesn't give a flying f*** about an RP server with less then 30 people on it's forums alone.

Chances are 80/20 that they even FIND this server on google let alone do anything about it.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]