The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Is CotH in danger from DMCA?
O_o

*gulp*

No CotH don't go... I like it here.
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol
Like Glain said.

If Blizz types WoW RP on Google... well thats impossible, we win!
[Image: irontrooperx.png]
Don't forget that it's a waste of their money to attack smaller groups. If they end up in court, they may demand all of the money donated to the big server as compensation. For folks like CotH, it's really not worth the effort.
˜★Sketch Blog
Exactly what Twilight said, it's a waste of time and money to bring the small servers down.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Hehe, we do have over 2500+ members on the forums though... not that more 1% is actually active... but anywho!
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Oh please.

Anyone could find CotH through five seconds of Googling. Suggesting that they need some "special protection" with WotLK to find and squash the server is insulting to the intelligence of everyone involved.

They're targeting the larger servers on purpose, as Twilight said. I doubt they'll target us, or they'd have done so already. But if they do? What happens, happens. No use worrying about it since we can't do anything to prevent it anyway.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Er ....what? why dont they play on the server > : (
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
I think it's more likely that they are automatically alerted whenever someone activates this new trigger-thing implemented in WOTLK rather than them using google.

If so, CoTH playerbase might cause it to be overlooked yes, unless Blizzard sets out to prevent any and all private servers from setting up a Lich King-emu. While it may be an unlikely scenario that they would actually take a small server such as this to court, I sure as hell wouldn't want to call that bluff considering the consequences should they go through with it. (had I been the owner)

Either way, let's hope we're safe. Like many others have said, they're probably just out to get the large servers with playerbases in the thousands.
To answer MyFinalSin...

To the extent of a Blizz GM basically its this

"Why play on a private server and be the lowest rank on there...when I can hop on a retail server, hide my self and be a dragon? Or a Murloc? Or Illidan just to make time fly by. I could be a flying squirrel. A Blizz GM would rather play retail WoW as a GM, then work their way through a private server just to have slight power."

NO offense Final :)
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Glain123 Wrote:To answer MyFinalSin...

To the extent of a Blizz GM basically its this

"Why play on a private server and be the lowest rank on there...when I can hop on a retail server, hide my self and be a dragon? Or a Murloc? Or Illidan just to make time fly by. I could be a flying squirrel. A Blizz GM would rather play retail WoW as a GM, then work their way through a private server just to have slight power."

NO offense Final :)
i meant all the people regged on the forums.... :( and Id rather work my way and prove myself capable to be a gm on a private server then be a prick of a gm on retail who got the job because blizz is lazy and didnt do a decent background check XD lol
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
MyFinalSin Wrote:i meant all the people regged on the forums.... :( and Id rather work my way and prove myself capable to be a gm on a private server then be a prick of a gm on retail who got the job because blizz is lazy and didnt do a decent background check XD lol

As an aside, I'm not sure why so many people rip on Blizz GMs. They have a VERY difficult job, and I can't imagine what it must be like to have to deal with live-quality players, especially now that one of the Help options is "Speak With A GM", which looks like it would be something that would easily be abused to harass GMs. While I may not approve of all of their decisions, I've read the posts on the official forums, and I'm shocked that people are so incredibly abusive to them. And they take it, and do their job.

I respect them for that.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I full-heartedly agree with Qaza. Most of us have come to CoTH to get away from the poorly enforced RP Realms of Live, or not being able to pay for the game at all.

GMs don't enforce the rule set because they are lazy. They don't enforce the rule set because it's impossible to expect so many people stretched across so many servers to abide by a list of rules for that type of server compared to how many GMs there are. Couple that with the fact that most of them are playing the Customer Support/Complaint role these days, and you've got GMs that have higher priorities than "This guy isn't putting brackets in /say! I demand you do something."

Blizzard GMs aren't power-hungry individuals who want the job just to fool around with the game options. They are picked specifically on certain criteria befitting the role of publicly speaking with Blizzard's WoW Fan-base. If they were lazy, immature, or rude you would most certainly win a bet that they wouldn't be there for long. CoTH GMs have much more power over the users than Official GMs do, because we don't have fear of lawsuits. (Not that I'm saying this makes CoTH GM's jobs any easier, it doesn't.)

In closing, Blizzard's GMs are doing what they can. Don't hate on their job until you've sat at their chair and ETERNAL list of tell/ticket complaints. All day.
"My companions' feelings have been etched onto my body.
I'll change this eternal darkness to light!
Heaven and Earth...
One body, one soul!

Chouginga, Gurren-Lagann!

I'll show you...
The power of mankind!"
This is like how some people say they hate the police IRL.

But at the end, who do you call when you're being robbed or kidnapped.

The police.

Or if you have the money, a robocop.
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
MyFinalSin Wrote:OMG YAY TOXIC wow is getting shut down :D worst server ever
Ermmm... no... actually it was the only private server with no bugs and all that stuff. I love CotH, but we must admit, Toxic was the best private server. *hides before he dies at the hands of CotH players*

Anyway, I think this is a job well done by the part of Blizzard, they made the game after all, it's not good to know that someone just stole your hard work to play free. They deserve our money for all they've done for us. However, that's my opinion. Many may disagree with me.

And please, don't get me wrong, I don't want CotH to end! Actually, I don't think we would be forced to delete the server or something, we don't have as many players as Toxic or WoWscape.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Though many might consider you bigoted, you're driven by your strong beliefs and no one can prove you wrong.
Toxic is the best private server in maybe PvP and population aspects.

But not the RP that's for sure.
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]