The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Is CotH in danger from DMCA?
xatumx Wrote:
MyFinalSin Wrote:OMG YAY TOXIC wow is getting shut down :D worst server ever
Ermmm... no... actually it was the only private server with no bugs and all that stuff. I love CotH, but we must admit, Toxic was the best private server. *hides before he dies at the hands of CotH players*

Anyway, I think this is a job well done by the part of Blizzard, they made the game after all, it's not good to know that someone just stole your hard work to play free. They deserve our money for all they've done for us. However, that's my opinion. Many may disagree with me.

And please, don't get me wrong, I don't want CotH to end! Actually, I don't think we would be forced to delete the server or something, we don't have as many players as Toxic or WoWscape.

arent you a hypocrite? :/ I dsagree i played on toxic months but i just learned about private servers saw it was first on the list and though oooo i play on this one then i hated it :/ There speed hack tripped and dc'ed me all the time when it was buggy the gms were complete and utter jerks. And toxic wasnt stable for a while :O Dc'ed every few minuets all that but eh thats your opinion and i have mine so ill respect that...AND WHYS EVERYONE FORGETTING ABOUT BATTLE NET D: thats where blizzard kinda started out with batlle.net :( only b.net = free cause its not maintaned anymore

And on the subject of retail gms....people rag on them so bad because they really arent any help to be honest its like not having them at all, but yeah the majority use the talk with gm make a ticket just to harass them XD which is wrong and can put anyone in a foul mood but, STRICT enforment of the rules (Which blizz has been pretty lax about till wotlk) and actually starting to punish players who dont follow the rules might be some contribution i dont know i should prob shut up as i never played retail world of warcraft and only have experance with Gms on batlle.net :/ lol really long post :D
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
Er, hasn't battle.net always been free?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yeah oops i didnt quiet articulate that right im sorry..battle.net is hosted by att@t free for us but i dont know is blizz pays for them or not -head tilt-
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
Shame to see a few of them go. I've played on five of the servers on that initial list alone. Fun when you feel like bonking things over the head for a while.
Oh well, that's life.
[Image: kialee.png]
I need a life.
MyFinalSin Wrote:arent you a hypocrite?

Nah, he isn't. Nothing he said can be used to say he was being a hypocrite. Nothing in this thread, anyway.

MyFinalSin Wrote:i dont know i should prob shut up as i never played retail world of warcraft and only have experance with Gms on batlle.net :/ lol really long post :D

That might be a wise choice of action. The only reason a GM is never of any help to the average player is because the player is too impatient to wait for a response (Which may and can take days) or because the issue at hand is a petty one. Or the GMs are all simply extremely busy (Most likely.) They will respond eventually.
"My companions' feelings have been etched onto my body.
I'll change this eternal darkness to light!
Heaven and Earth...
One body, one soul!

Chouginga, Gurren-Lagann!

I'll show you...
The power of mankind!"
Anyway, I think this is a job well done by the part of Blizzard, they made the game after all, it's not good to know that someone just stole your hard work to play free. They deserve our money for all they've done for us

hes playing on a private server and it on a private server forums saying that :/
idc
im going skating with austin
:D
gone for a while night everyones
MyFinalSin Wrote:Anyway, I think this is a job well done by the part of Blizzard, they made the game after all, it's not good to know that someone just stole your hard work to play free. They deserve our money for all they've done for us

hes playing on a private server and it on a private server forums saying that :/
idc
im going skating with austin
:D
gone for a while night everyones
You got me wrong. I was just saying that Blizzard deserves the money we pay to play on retail, and I believe I am 100% right. But I did not say I don't like playing on privates too. And by the way, I'm not playing on a private server right now. I am playing on retail, but I will come here and RP when the server is back on. I am NOT a hypocrite.

Private servers aren't legal, that's something you should know, even if you play or not in a private server.

And about Toxic... it happened to me as well. I DC every 5 minutes if I go there. I don't know about the hackers anyway, but I don't doubt there are many. By the way, when I said "best" I was referring to PvE (mobs casting spells and all that stuff). But I will not abandon CotH. No way.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Though many might consider you bigoted, you're driven by your strong beliefs and no one can prove you wrong.
Lol, the majority of Blizz GMs are temp agency finds. They get to be the group on the front lines who take the damage while the Admins, Devs, etc. can stay as far as way as possible from the hysterical WoW addict who's screaming his losses the result of the other faction hacking in a ticket. The pay makes it a bit more tolerable, I'm sure. They really need their own TV special or some kind of blog, because I can only imagine the fun and pain they have.

Edit: Whoops, misread. WowFusion's going poof too, probably.
Anyway, I've seen lots of people play on private servers and leave for retail. Private servers aren't an alternative to retail and people know that - but some people don't like retail.

This'll probably hurt them more than they think; not critically, but noticeably.
˜★Sketch Blog
Meh, I used to play retail. Still do occasionally. But if CotH goes down, I definately won't be going back. They're getting my $15 worth a month, so they can just go play with their crayons in the corner. That's the most they ever have and ever will get from me. Even if private servers didn't exist, they wouldn't be getting more. Lol. Anyway... Yeah. I hope CotH doesn't go down. I can't stand retail anymore. The inabilty to type and spell correctly... It just kills me now... I guess it's because I've been around you all for awhile. But yeah... Let's hope they don't find us. :]
Long life CoTH!!!. I play retail sometimes but I have always had it active. So I usually play on private servers but pay the 30$ a month to play a few times every month. Or times when the server is down. I really hope CoTH is everlasting.
CoTH <3

I used to play on WoWgasm... The only PVP server I ever enjoyed. But all things have an end.
I was a Chaoscrusadey and A Blizzgamer, they've taken their servers down until the heat flies overhead, but Blizzgaming shall be back! I learned to PvP there, I'm great at Icemages now!
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
Clifton Wrote:http://newenthusiast.com/blizzard-hittin...0081205248

The message sent to Softlayer was requesting that the following servers be shutdown within 24hours or legal action would be taken

Wowscape
Toxic-WoW
Burning WoW
WoWGasm
Chaos Crusade
WoW Fusion
Ani-WoW

YES! YES! YES! THANK YOU BLIZZARD!
Finally they listened to all those complaints and reports!
Scape has actually... gained...a LOT, and I mean a lot, of money through donations and was NOT using them for non-profit only purposes. Burlex even did several illegal things to other servers, also mentioned on that list.
The others are just as bad.
Don't use this thread as a platform to snark about other servers.

In short: Yes, we are in danger from DMCA. Yes, we could at any time be served an order to shut down the server. This has been discussed before, and I answered the same there.

If it ever does, Kretol will comply. The server will go away, and life will go on. We will have made friendships and connections here that will spill over into RP elsewhere. It's not really something to get worked up about. What happens, happens.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Besides, there's always text RP... Which is severely underrated in it's flexibility, but I know people love their zany colors. :roll:
˜★Sketch Blog