The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Is CotH in danger from DMCA?
Whatzanycolors?
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Meh. x_x I feel bad for the private servers... and Blizzard... but just a teensy weensy bit for Blizz... I hope they don't ask us to shut down... But I guess I'm kind of being repetetive...
Aye, I've been RPing for a few years now, and this is the peak of what I've found, the only other RP servers I've managed to find are the kind with no rules, so everyone is Illidan, or ones that are run by an amateur, and go down every 20 seconds.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
Herk. I don't want CoTH to shut down...
Most people who play CoTH pay to play Retail as well, personally I don't play WoW just for RPing, I like to go... KILL once in awhile.

Blizzard has every right to shut us down, and might, but this will be err.. Lots of fun to watch.

THE VICIOUS CIRCLE OF DOOM

O

Players play on a server.

Server gets big.

Blizzard notices big server.

Blizzard shuts down big server.

Players find a new server.

New server gets big.

Blizzard notices new big server...
why did toxic wow get shutdown? i RPed with myself there LOL, sucky times...
Meh...walking around stormwind singing mr lonely, trying to make money LOL, nah i did that after i stopped RPing.

And they got burning wow? ....damn...EVIL BASTARDS!
There is a very simple reason Toxic WoW got shut down. It was on the very top of that list that all private servers fight to get up on. Personally I view that list as Blizzard's list of the next private servers to be shut down. As long as CoTH stays as far away from that list as possible we most likely wont get shut down or even noticed. :) *Hopes he didn't just jinx the server!*

*Ninja stealth powers on the server*
[Image: Signature.png]
Just throwing in a quick quote from WoWFusion.

Quote:Straight from WoWFusions forums they call it false, and might be opening there server back up. Link of source: http://forums.wowfusiononline.com/index ... opic=42648

Well, considering the fact I was writing an employee for a major business, I tried keeping it professional, short, and to the point. Here's an exact copy -n- paste of what I wrote Mrs. D. Lira.
----------------------------------------------
Email From Sajakain To D LiraMrs. Lira:

First off, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is James.

Here recently I have received word that a letter was sent to you from a counsel of Blizzard Entertainment concerning the hosting of private World of Warcraft servers. I have saved this picture and uploaded it to my photobucket account in case the original link were to be removed. Here is a link to my photobucket account of this picture of the letter: Letter from Blizzard. For reference, here is the original link to the picture that I had come across: Letter from Blizzard.

The only reason I am writing you concerning this matter is to validate it's legitimacy. Is this a legitimate statement from Blizzard to SoftLayer or is this some fancy prank that someone has put out to try and stop the hosting of World of Warcraft private servers?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

- James

---------------------------------------------------
I wonder if I'll get a reply?

- Sajakain
--------------------------------------------------
OK. So as I said in this post in the massive Announcement thread, I wrote Dody Lira. And up front, I must say I made a mistake. Dody Lira is not a "Mrs.".... Dody Lira is a "Mr.". Oops. :huh:

Anyway.... so just to let you know.... here was the response to this email:

What is your account number/abuse ticket number associated with this incident?

Thank You.
--------------------------------------------------------------
No joke. That was the first reply to the email. As Holidaycookie and I both said... "WTF?" :blink: So I wrote Mr. Dody back. Here's what I wrote:

There is no account number. I am not an account holder with you. I do not have a ticket number for this incident. I'm simply asking whether or not the supplied letter, supposedly sent to you from Blizzard, is legitimate or fake.

Thank you.
---------------------------------------------
Within a matter of minutes I got yet another reply:

I have no idea how you came across this letter and who you are. Call me regarding this issue. Edited: Phone Number Removed

Thank you
--------------------------------------------------
So I called him. My first attempt rewarded me with a "This extension cannot be reached." generic message. I lol'd, spoke to Holidaycookie over instant messenger, lol'd again, and then retried the call. He immediately picked up the phone.

I explained who I was and why I was calling and his first response was "So do you have an account with us or not?" I told him, again, that I didn't. He had then stated that seeing as how I do not have an account he could not disclose any information about this letter because I am not "contracted" with SoftLayer. During our 5 minute coversation he had asked which forum I had got this from. The reason being is because I am not the only person that has called him. His tone of voice was agitated, but yet calm due to the professionalism he has to maintain, but still.... agitated. According to Mr. Dody he has received many "similar calls regarding this same type of issue". I simply told him to google Wowtoxic. (It's not a lie. They have this stuff on their site too.)

I then bluntly stated "Well I'm just calling to see if this specific letter is legitimate or fake. People are wanting to know so I am calling to ask." He then stressed again that he could not disclose any information concerning the letter, regardless if it was real or fake. I simply thanked him and that was the end of the conversation.

=================================
=================================

If you were to ask me my gut instinct, I'd lean more towards the fake side of the fence. Yes, this company knows about the letter but it seemed to me that Mr. Dody was more upset that his personal work information is being rapidly spread across many forums and random, non "contracted" people are calling him wanting answers he can't legally give.

Before we hung up he did state that the owner, or contracted member, from my forum / website should be the one to contact SoftLayer for the answers regarding this particular letter's legitimacy... or lack there of.

I would suggest to anyone who is thinking about it... do not waste this man's time more than it already has been.

- Sajakain
I highly doubt anyone was in any kind of danger.
Uh...im dumb, what does this mean LOL sorry...and what letter?
Well, even if players who had their server closed looked for other servers, you'd be surprised how very little of them would be roleplayers. Ironically on an RPG...

Most of them are PvPers.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
I really should have locked this when it was rezzed a couple days ago.

Once and for all: There is no reason for CotH to be worried about this. If we ARE shut down, whatever, it's been a good run. We all have lives outside of private servers to go along with.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut