The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

It Was an Eclipse [Feedback]
Feedback tiem!

Mini-events (ala Silvermoon Murder)
Guild thread!
Big-scale event!
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Well, since I didn't participate I couldn't say anything of the event itself. I heard it was quite good, so I will take the people's oppinion.

My only suggestion is to, in the future before a fight, mention that combat would be present. I know (I myself including) arrived at the event expecting non-combat shenanigans and was driven away when I learned that we'd be doing roll fighting.

Often it is a kind gesture to declare the intent of holding a combat situation and then allowing people who don't want to participate a means of leaving.

My thoughts!
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Guild Thread: Awesome, but damn is some of it hard. Or maybe I'm slow.

Mini-Events: Well done, plenty mysterious. Shame some players are so desensitized to shenanigans that they didn't pay it much heed.

Noble's Summit:
(11-10-2011, 07:28 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: There is a line between fun genre savvy In Character, and well...not shutting up, and looking self-important.

There is a line between a snarky comment or two about the obvious warlock outfit, and "Pfnar, pfnar not listening are we done yet? This is s obviously like Story X" through the whole event. It is understood the meshing of two events didn't phase so well, the proof wasn't that good. No one needed to be reminded of it over and over. Yes, it is understood that those actions were in character. But, it happened so much that it seemed like there was some IC bias. What's wrong with playing along with drama sometimes?

It is also a shame that so many left before the show began, especially with the work Aphetoros and other GMs put into this. The corruption of Light and its ideals was a grand idea, nicely used, and shamefully unseen.

Please, fellow players. We understand things can get silly, perhaps a tad overdone. But, go along with it for fun, now and then yeah?

...Please?

Also, please work on stronger evidence next time. As fine as going along with drama for fun is, it being realistic helps a ton too. Granted, something like that would have taken longer than the couple days used to put this together. So, no one's fault there.

Addendum to Quote: Not having the time for combat is fine, but there isn't a problem mentioning that in raid. Perhaps some (mysterious) hint to the possibility of combat might be useful in the future so people can plan ahead.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Some of this post is no longer relevant, so I shall remove it!

For the bit concerning the lack of combat warning--there was, in raid chat. Perhaps few noticed; I recall being told early on that there was combat, that people might appear to die, and that it would be largely illusory.

Most of my issues with the event were related to the 'shenanigans.' It's true, I'm desensitized to them; and it's difficult to take seriously a group of people at a banquet waxing dramatic over a killer's note. I do also agree that some (especially myself, I'm afraid to admit) were rather rude about the matter.

For this, I do apologize.

For what it's worth, I quite enjoyed most of what we did.

In general, I must say props to you, Aph; it wasn't an easy event for your first time DMing and I think you handled it well.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
Ahem?

Focus, everyone. Focus.
Must I? So that we don't get this:

(11-10-2011, 08:05 PM)Aphetoros Wrote: You know what? No.

It's over.

Thanks.

or this:
(11-10-2011, 08:56 PM)Xigo Wrote: I give up. I'm done.

I know, for myself, I was a little confused (scratch that, I was a lot of confused) by the Eclipse guild posts, but I was willing to go down with it for the Old Gods business.

My suggestion in moving forward (because I think throwing up your hands is just not the way to proceed, Aphe) is to move slower. I hear that evidence was needed: rather than spring the Eclipse on them so suddenly, perhaps one by one until all the Houses were touched directly and in a way that could not be dismissed as infighting or whatever. Not that you have to pick back up with Eclipse, specifically, but in the future for other ideas like this.

And, lastly: Hug
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
I heavily advise you to got give up because of rudeness, or a bumpy first event. This guild has swept CotH up in its mysteries and people enjoy figuring them out.

Please, your general frustration is right, but take some time to cool off, reset and return once this has passed. I know I'm not the only one that would miss what you've yet to unveil.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
... Eh.

Look, Aph. I'm not the biggest fan of the whole thing. But still. Don't let me being a SourPuddle dissuade you from carrying on with an idea everyone else seems to enjoy.

Your DMing could use work. True. But that's to expect from first time DMing. Hell, I think everyone's first event is a giant mess of things unless it's really damn simple. You had... X amount of people to run an event for, on short notice. So props for that.

If this is something you want to do, do it. I'm not standing in your way.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Thanks Xigo, I apologize if I offended you in some manner, but the post just kinda set me off a bit due my already being angry, due to a bit of someone being an extreme dick to me that made me feel less-than-thrilled with the event. (Namely, the DM poofing.) So, uh, let's just try to stick to feedback and let's all make sure we check our posts just in-case of anything that might be taken the wrong way. I know I just did! xD
(11-10-2011, 09:18 PM)Xigo Wrote: But that's to expect from first time DMing. Hell, I think everyone's first event is a giant mess of things unless it's really damn simple.

Bubonic Bay. It wasn't pretty and I messed up a -whole lot-. But you keep going.
I am all sorts of confused, right now.

But oh well! I will say that, although I didn't take part in any of it, the thread was interesting, to say the least.
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
Well,

At least. . .

At least Aphe did not. . .

*Shades*

. . .die during the event.

He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
Am I the only person who thought that the event was both interesting, well-planned and went off smoothly? And I was playing it through on two characters.
Honestly, this event was influenced by two things: Too many people, which tends to make any event, no matter how well-planned, confusing and seemingly disorganized at the least. 2: People not paying respect to the ones who host this stuff.

For me it wasn't exactly clear what happened, maybe the events needed a more elaborate explanation or it was due to the large amounts of chatter that made me miss stuff. I like the concept very much and although I need to get used to light cultists and stuff, that's something wich can be overdone.

Maybe our 'enemy' needs some fleshing out, which may make it less 'silly' for some, but I'm sure that will happen in the next few events!
I think one of the biggest things I need to figure out how to do is figure out how to get people to stop emoting/saying when I need them to. One of the biggest problems is the important parts kept getting flooded out and I wasn't sure how to fix it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen