The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

It Was an Eclipse
I knew it!

(11-06-2011, 11:15 AM)c0rzilla Wrote:
Spoiler:
[Image: Twilight%20Eclipse.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Which means the solution is VAMPIRES.

VAMPIRES!

OLD GODS WHO ARE VAMPIRES!

Ahem. Anyhow, judging by how the background looks extremely Titan-ish, I'm assuming it's in Northrend. Which also fits that part about stars even better. The Titans are extraterrestrials.

...And it also fits the part about an eclipse. I'm predicting Old Gods in space now.

Wyrmrest.
Ulduar.
Yeah. It seems likely. Wyrmrest has those circular tiers on it.

Isn't there a globe of Azeroth on the highest level of Wyrmrest?

Edit: Then again, there's Ulduar and Algalon to consider. Seems like the best course would be to look for buildings resembling it in Ulduar. See which looks more like it - Ulduar or Wyrmrest.
*ahem*

I took the liberty of photoshopping that their picture, and changing a few things around, and made the text on it perfectly clear. It was somewhat legible before, but I made it much more clear:

Spoiler:

It says, "Dead Wings" and "Hour of Twilight"

It appears to either be a titanic building, or possibly an older Night Elven ruin of some sort, with what appears to be a dragon flying overhead. I haven't looked at any of the posts since the picture was posted so someone might have figured it out, but whatchya' gonna do.

[Image: grin3inverted.gif]

"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Interesting. I hadn't considered the possibility of a dragon before. I just thought it was this eclipse, being spiny and such.

How about raising dragon bones? A necromancer could do it. It would fit the 'dead wings' part very nicely, and place the region of possibility back in Dragonblight and Wyrmrest.

Massive dragon shadow causing an eclipse?

The obvious problem with this explanation is that it completely goes against the verbal riddle Aphe's given us. It has nothing to do with stars, and loses the association with Titans which makes an eclipse of any kind (figurative or literal) more likely.

But I still blame Old Gods.

The eclipse probably isn't literal.
It could mean a bad omen as it did in the medieval era.
A figurative meaning of some great darkness blocking out the good light or some such.

<<

>>

Spoilered!
Spoiler:
[Image: End_Time_-_Deathwing.jpg]

I hope I'm not ruining the party!
Yep. If this eclipse is going to affect people by the end (as in the riddle), then it's probably not a literal one.

We already know that Aphe's cultist Tom is involved in being a cultist of the Old Gods. And we know that of all those possibilities, Old Gods are the ones which could produce mental affects like the ones in the riddle.

What I want to know is, where does the 'bulbous disease' part come in? Because it sounds horrible.

RAGEFUL EDIT: DAMMIT, I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED FOR SIMILAR IMAGES. So is this just a lead-in to Cataclysm, Aphe?
Oh. It's Twilight Hammer stuff.

Damn it.

I swear to god, I looked through every single Patch and Cataclysm Trailer, because I -knew- that it was Deatheing with some sort of building. I've seen the image before, but couldn't find it for the life of me haha.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Alexander Draconis still has no fear of this madness.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
And I still endorse them and their spooky ways.
I'll kill them.
And that is that.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]