The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Item Approval System
So, I've began to noticed that a lot of people have been coming up with these crazy new gadgets nowadays and usually they make it pass the GMs and such. I for one, feel there should be some sort of "Approval System" and maybe even a forum for this type of thing. A place where -approved- gadgets and gidgets can be posted to await approval and be seen/read about by other players containing information such as:

- Item Name
- IC Inventor/Creator
- Visual Description
- Item Mechanics/How it Works
- How is it and what is it built with?
(As far as WoW Logic and real life logic goes)

Said items can range from weapons, armor, trinkets and miscellaneous (radios, rocket-powered spear gun, kitten-launching mini-catapult)

This is a great idea, in my opinion, as it will decrease and possibly eliminate the "Is it illegal if I had [Insert Gadget Here]..." topics and discussions over in-game chat while at the same time, keeping every "player-created item" in a single organized forum or sub-forum.

This is also to stop people from creating favorable "item functions" on the spot. Things I speak of are things like...

"Gary Sues' spear suddenly launches it's sharp iron tip at the defenseless Lary Sue from 10 feet. away, traveling at about 100 miles per an hour."

Thus creating a -very- overpowering and possibly god-moding-esque situation for Lary Sue.

Long story short, player-created items or items with special functions should require GM approval before being brought in to play and posted in an organized area for people to see and use as reference when they encounter such items, to avoid situations like the one above.

The System:(Brief Explanation)

First off, the player would be required to post a thread with in the designated forum area with the required information about how their item was created, how it works and the whole she-bang listed above.

Second, a GM or two will look over the items as they would do with Character Profiles, looking for mistakes, whether they be obvious or not.

Then after much reviewing, question-asking and correction-making. The GMs will choose whether they want to approve or disapprove the item.

FAQ:
Now, I know what you're thinking. So, here's a few FAQ, that I feel will probably be asked, so I'll try to answer them beforehand.

Q: Why can't they just post these items in the "GM Requests/Suggestions" sub-forum that is already there?

A: Well, that sub-forum is for many other types of requests and suggestions, so "approved" items will easily get lost as time goes by and create a big hassle for people trying to find out about an item.

Q: Why would we even need such a system?

If you find yourself asking this question, then look back and re-read the entire thread again...slowly...

Q: But I did that already, why would WE NEED IT!?

If you still find yourself asking this question, please feel free to ask. As I have only thought up of this idea today and I still haven't worked out -all- of the possible kinks with it nor is my brain working fast enough to perfect this system in a mere few hours.
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
Good idea, but that's a bigger workload for our GM's. Are there really that many people going around asking for GMs to approve items?
One man
Two guns
Three friends
Four foes
XI Touch
FrozenFire Wrote:Good idea, but that's a bigger workload for our GM's. Are there really that many people going around asking for GMs to approve items?

From what I've seen, Yes.

And I was also thinking, maybe it won't have to be the GMs that would be doing the work.

Perhaps, Kretol and/or the staff could elect mature and knowledgeable people from the player population to serve as a sort of "Special Item Supervisor" or S.I.S if you wish. Say 2 or 3 S.I.S. to start out with.

They can be in charge of looking over pending items and handle the item approvals.
We used to make custom items in the past, but it's a HUGE pain. Huge huge huge pain.

And yes...we've already changed the profiles to make it easier for us to get those done, and more things to approve is even more work.

Right now, I'd say it's not going to happen any time soon.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:We used to make custom items in the past, but it's a HUGE pain. Huge huge huge pain.

And yes...we've already changed the profiles to make it easier for us to get those done, and more things to approve is even more work.

Right now, I'd say it's not going to happen any time soon.

Oh, I wasn't talking about just the actual "Custom Items" that require Kretol to make( I.E. The token-required items.).

I was talking about role-played items in general. Whether they have an actual in-game item reference or not.
I'd say the safest way to play this is for people to stick to what the weapons they have could actually feasibly do as a mundane weapon. Unless your weapon actually can, in-game, with game mechanics, shoot the tip off your spear, etc... then it can't. End of story.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I think I see what you're talking about. This isn't so much as ingame items as they are player inventions that are RPed out as owning.

I like this idea in some ways, but it's a bit micromanagerial (and we all know there's a ton of that already). Though I think "cats who bark lasers" should get auto-approved.

One could even use Ephemeral addon for an added effect, but it isn't necessary.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
˜★Sketch Blog

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possibly missing item. mangaboy111 4 1,713 11-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Last Post: mangaboy111
  Custom Item Request - Gilnean Clothing sunday12321 19 4,466 04-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Last Post: sunday12321
  A small item request! Scout 3 1,187 02-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Adam255
  More Animation and Item Visuals Lendri 5 1,112 10-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Ebenezer
  An NPC / Costume System Micheru 5 1,252 06-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Lendri