The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

JarLoz's Introduction.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Myself, as a player..? I'm a 20-year-old guy, and roleplaying is my passion. I like to think of myself as a solid roleplayer, able to roleplay many different kinds of characters. My roleplaying experience begins originally from the RP servers of WoW's european launch, and I've branched off into PnP roleplaying later on. Currently I'm running an Exalted game, and playing Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game as a mischievous looter-dwarf. My characters usually end up like myself, strong free-willed spirits with a kind heart. I enjoy playing characters with both flaws and qualities, and interacting with other people of similar depth.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Finland, and my primary language is Finnish. I speak and write english nearly daily, though.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Hah, that's a story in itself.. I had played Warcraft 1 and 2 in my childhood, and later Warcraft 3 sweeped me from my feet with the awesome cutscenes and deep story. I never cared much for multiplayer in those games, as the story was more important to me. As for WoW itself, it had just launched in Europe, and my buddy had gotten it. I was hanging around at his place when he was running around Durotar with his level 4 Orc Warrior. My first comment about the game was "What's this now, some small green dude jumping up and down on the screen". He let me have a shot at the game, and I created a dwarven hunter called "Johnthegun" (Nobody told me of the naming policies!). 3 hours later, I was hooked for life. A week later, I was installing the game on my own computer. Rest is history.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I played over three years on WoW RP servers. First on Argent Dawn, then on The Venture Co, and lastly on Sha'Tar. While I had good times on all of those servers, the idiocy of non-roleplayers, ugly OOC-drama and lack of RP support from Blizzard finally made me quit the game as whole, untill a friend told me of your server. He told me about the server in lenght, and pointed me at the website. I read trough the wikis, and the more I learned, the better the server looked. I haven't checked out any other private servers than this one.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've always been partial to roleplaying crooks, thugs and assassins. Even my paladin on Sha'tar, who was a true noblewoman, had a relaxed streak going on. But I'm allarounder when it comes to RP. Sitting in tavern chatting about what happened the day before, romances, big events, fighting thugs in alleys, guild feuds, anything goes, as long as the players themselves are good.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hard question.. I'll have to say undead rogues. The undead have maybe the best animations in the game, and their looks, though limited, have a certain gothic charm that I love. Rogues then appeal to my inner twitch-game player with their button-mashing combo-building mechanics. And who can say no to stealth? Also rogues offer enormous diversity roleplaying wise, since you can be anything from a master assassin to a thug with knuckledusters. Warriors are an another love of mine too, for the same reasons.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find a functional, living roleplaying community, where I can develop interesting and deep characters without the distractions of non-roleplaying clowns and annoying restrictions found on normal RP servers. Meeting new and interesting people, gaining new friends, that kind of things.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
They are all good and appeal to me, but if I had to choose... I'd say the one about respecting other players. This is something that people seem to forget when playing online, that the guy in the other end is a human being too.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was raining in Tirisfal Glades. Piftel Fordning looked up from under the wide brim of his hat, small droplets of water falling on his thin face from the gray sky. It always rained here, or so it felt. Piftel flashed a grin at the sky and continued on his journey. The road from Undercity to the Scarlet Monastery was a long one, but he enjoyed walking trough these forests. If you ignored the howls of demon-dogs and low groans of the zombies shuffling trough the bushes, the glades were quite tranquil. And it was here, after all, where he had discovered his Art... Piftel grinned at the memory, drawing his lips wider than any sane or living man could. Piftel considered himself neither. He was The Artist, the dead gentleman assassin, painting his masterpieces on the canvas of the world with his knife...

The Scarlet Monastery loomed over the landscape, the red-and-white banners fluttering in the small breeze. Piftel spied one of the ever-vigilant zealots guarding the entrance, trying to shield himself from the rain. Piftel was crouched low in a nearby bush, his long thin knife drawn. The guard muttered something of the damned rain, and turned around, intending to seek shelter from inside. Two seconds later he felt a cold clammy hand grasping him, sharp blade against his throat. Before he could scream, the blade cut deep into his throat, turning his yell into a mumbled gasp. Piftel held the man upright untill he went limp, sword falling from the zealot's hand on the damp ground with a thud. Few moments of work later, the man was hidden behind a corner, Piftel grinning at the dead body. The forsaken touched the wound on the dead man's throat with a finger and nodded to himself. Job well done. Piftel spent a moment examining his blade, watching a droplet of blood roll down the length of the blade. The droplet fell from the edge of the blade, staining the dead zealot's white tabard with red. Piftel nodded once more, his job finalized. Every death was a masterpiece, every life's final note important. The trademark grin on his face, Piftel snuck inside the Monastery.

Underneath the Monastery are the cells and torture chambers of the Scarlet Crusade. It is here where they extort information from their enemies, and it is there where the most depraved members exercise their insane fantasies of blood and flesh. And it was here where Piftel found his brother chained up in a windowless cell.

"...Raval?"
The man in chains looked up at Piftel, who was standing before him in the dark cell.
"P-Piftel?"
"Thass' rite, bro. Came to see how you was doin'"

Piftel lit up a cigarette, looking over Raval. His brother was in a sorry shape. He was nearly naked, his body telling a tale of hours upon hours of merciless torture. Half-healed scars crossed his chest, some of them oozing infected puss. His left leg was gone and half of his face had been mutilated beyond recognition. Piftel shook his head, kneeling next to his brother.

"How'd ya end up 'ere, Raval?" Raval growled and looked at Piftel with his one good eye.
"I was looking for you, you idiot."
"I told ya not to go after me, bro. Told ya it was no good" Raval growled again, interrupted by a hacking cough. Piftel turned his attention to the shackles holding his brother.
"C'mon. Less' get ya outta here"
"No.. No good, Piftel. I have no energy left. I'm going to die soon.. *cough* The assholes didn't even have the courtesy to kill me off, just left me to rot here"

Piftel looked at the withered frame of his brother. Raval was right. The chained scholar looked more dead than Piftel, and he wasn't even one of the Forsaken. It was only a matter of time before his spirit would leave his body. Piftel sighed.

"C'mon, bro. Don' be like that. I'll get ya outta here, we'll fix ya up", he said. Raval shook his head angrily.
"Listen to me, for once.. It's no use. If you wanted to save me, you should've come meet me when I asked you to, two months ago."
"I didn't get ya message"
"Shut up. You lie. You didn't come because you were too busy keeping up your 'mysterious assassin' thing. Now get out of here before they get you too. Let me die in peace"

Piftel got up, looking at his brother. For once, his grin was gone, replaced by sadness. He drew his long knife, looking at Raval.

"Well.. if I can't save ya, then atleast I can give ya a death worthy of me brother". Raval looked at Piftel with anger in his eyes.
"That's all you were ever good for anyway, Piftel. Killing people. Screwing people over. Screwing your own brother over.. Bloody lunatic... Well, do it, then"

Piftel sighed and leaned over his brother with his knife. It was all over in a few seconds.

Outside the monastery, Piftel lit up an another cigarette and looked up at the Monastery. This place would feel his revenge, one day. He begun walking the road down to Tirisfal Glades, the rain beating on his shoulders.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm really looking forward to playing on your server, and I have high hopes for the quality of RP here. I bow and thank, hoping that I am accepted as one of your jolly fellows.
"Last night I was playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died"
Steven Wright
Welcome to the server! I'm so, so sorry that you had to play on Argent Dawn. You have my condolences. I hope to see you do some good RP here; just remember that Stealth doesn't make you invisible.