The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Jobs/Work/Career
This is just another bright idea from me today, because my head is filling with them. Hehe. Anyway... let's get the point, shall we?

Here is my proposition/idea. Charecters can get jobs, such as being a Magister, or Ironforge Airport Attendant/Mechanic, etc. Now, these jobs could be like daily quests. For instance, if you were a mechanic, grab your tools from point A, repair plane at point B, recieve <insert money ammount here> copper/silver/gold. The harder the job, the better the pay. Some jobs have requirements, etc. Sorry if I'm not elaborating enough... Anyway, that's my idea. Comments? More ideas? But please, if it's "You're idea sucks" keep it to yourself. Criticism should be helpful, not bad. Yay.
I think this would be a cool idea. It would definitely open up a lot more possibilities for RP. I think, however, the requirements need to be nutted out a bit more thoroughly first. Like, in order to be a magister you have to "study" for a certain period of time under an existing magister.

Ohh, hey!!! A university! You have to 'study' at the university (and assignments etc would be run along the same lines as quests) and then you get your 'degree' and can start working. There are SO many possibilities here...
酒なくて
何の己が
桜かな

Without sake
What is the use of
Cherry blossoms?
Hmm...Second life used to have things like this, and it was horrible.

If you where to do anything, it would be nice for users to run their own shops...maybe have an NPC at the actual building, but it depended on the user to supply the store with rare-items and jazz.

Users who also can create things (like leather workers, cloth amor makers, blacksmiths, etc) Could all sell stuff to that store (in order for it to be sold there) and have it one of the few places in-game where you could get cool stuff like that.

This would also make things fun IC-wise because you could say "I know the owner of the store, etc" and it would add a new dimension to these types of things

:D Fun!~
another briliant idea from a briliant girl/woman ((ok ok WOMAN SHEESH lol )) I think you and me are very alike.I think of ways to make money , get stuff working too!Please add me, and keep spilling you're ideas, only trademark then so people will not steal them.
Death is a gift that has to be Embraced
See?All ideas revolve around my Initial idea on the Airport post.Maybe Luch, you want to start that Unversity?And seccrottom also has a great idea.All these Ideas are SO GREAT!!
Death is a gift that has to be Embraced
Lol. Yay, I'm happy you people like my idea. Yes, I like your ideas too! :D Yes, researching at a university should be required to be a mechanic, etc., or people might just do every job everyday for money. And owning shops would also kick butt. Currently, my gnomey 'owns' her own little book shop, and transcribes books, etc. Infact, Leth, you're the one that first told me about it. So yeah... She sells magical odds an ends and all that jazz. I still need a location for her shop though. Hope everyone likes this idea.
There´s nothing stopping you from just role-play this out, create a university/school (I´ve done this on live once, worked great; ´twas a demonology academy in Silvermoon) have a teacher or two and then have people come in as students.

Shops; I am sure you can find several empty shop-buildings in the cities (not only the major ones) which can be used, have a seller/trader player, then a few people can use their professions to supply the shop with items and goods.

Everything else can probably be role-played out, then there are a few players that are looking for new employees, Alistus, I think Mayhew (?) and then there´s those little gnomes with their Gnomeregan idea and let´s not forget The Cartel.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Mayhew is looking for... ahem... "Employees".
Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
"A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic."
"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
-Иосиф Сталин (Joseph Stalin)

ElvenMistress Wrote:Lol. Yay, I'm happy you people like my idea. Yes, I like your ideas too! :D Yes, researching at a university should be required to be a mechanic, etc., or people might just do every job everyday for money. And owning shops would also kick butt. Currently, my gnomey 'owns' her own little book shop, and transcribes books, etc. Infact, Leth, you're the one that first told me about it. So yeah... She sells magical odds an ends and all that jazz. I still need a location for her shop though. Hope everyone likes this idea.

In Stormwind city, there is an (empty) shop on the outer canals that connects to Cut Throat Alley, its big, empty, and in a easy-to-get-to location!

If you want to meet IC sometime, I could show it to you :)
Ok. ^_^