The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Kaldorei - A Race Guide
I actually do not recall Tyrande killing Wardens. She did kill a Keeper, but a Keeper is not Kaldorei. I don't remember that from the games, and I've found it's wise to take anything on Wiki with a grain. Same to be said for the dead on the shore...the Naga aren't very discriminate, and it could have been the Naga which Illidan brought through that actually did the smiting.

Either way, these are still some rather extreme circumstances, neither of which Malfurion was at all happy about and yet, even so, was Tyrande punished or stripped of her standing as High Priestess? No. Was Illidan put to death? No - which again, to human thinking is just plain boggling. Everyone would scream for a trial, but it didn't happen. It is still very VERY rare that a Kaldorei would raise a hand to another of their kind, and the exception merely proves the rule. As you say, in these sorts of circumstances it's just apparently...okay. Which is quite, quite unnerving. It's not a human thought process at all, which is rather my point. Kaldorei aren't human.
Live your own life; you die your own death
Tyrande really did kill a lot of wardens when freeing Illidan.

As for Illidan personally raiding the fishing vilages, I don´t think he did, I think he sent the Naga to do it for him. He also ordered a few satyrs to kill Maeiv and her hunters, so techincally we can´t really say that he did raise his hand, he did raise a lot of others´ hands against them though.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I did say originally "actively"...and it still baffles that even with her slaughter, Tyrande is still leader of her people, still High Priestess of Elune, still the consort of Malfurion. As if that was all perfectly cool.

In any other situation, that would be unheard of. It certainly hasn't happened again. And that it seems everyone has let bygones be bygones says something about the completely foreign thoughts of the Night Elf people. Again, thinking like a human when playing Kaldorei is really REALLY difficult. They just...don't think the same at all. That's the hardest thing to do.
Maeven Wrote:I did say originally "actively"...and it still baffles that even with her slaughter, Tyrande is still leader of her people, still High Priestess of Elune, still the consort of Malfurion. As if that was all perfectly cool.

Well, for all we know the only ones going out of that dungeon was Tyrande, her warriors and Illidan...

Maeiv seemed to have known of the sluagther and blaims Tyrande, but she never really got the chance to tell anyone about it.

Also, Tyrande didn´t send anyone to save Maeiv from Illidan´s prison...

Our conclusion? Tyrande is the next Lich King.

A GM just randomed my thread. Boo! *throws gnomes*

/tangent complete
It was actually a hint of seriousness in that, maybe not the Lich King part (though I wouldn´t be surprised if she was made evil in a later expansion like Emerald Dream, there´s the Nightmare after all)

I'm so happy to see this, it was starting to annoy me how hyperactive, silly, rude and just disturbing some Night Elves I have roleplayed with have been.
*claps* nicely done ^^ really helped me in learning more about the Night Elves too. awesome job
I'm going to give this a little bump whether anyone likes it or not, but for the influx of newer players I feel it necessary.

I'd just like to say, that from what I've seen and what I know from Lore. Kal'Dorei are supposed to be the most Xenophobic, racist, judgemental lot out of the bunch. Sure, they may be tree loving hippies but they aren't very friendly to opposite factions ESPECIALLY Blood Elves and Orcs. They don't really like Alliance races much either for that matter. Just because they are druidic in nature doesn't mean they have peace circles everywhere for anyone to openly join.

This is NOT an attack on anyone, this is simply adding to the guide to help the newer ones play their character more realistically.

Now to quote Mikain: "This is WARcraft not Woodstock."
I'm glad whenever someone takes the time to form a guide or guide-like post. Helping players to understand how to play characters is always an appreciated part of our lil' community---and the more people who understand a group of characters, by incident, the more enjoyable a 'correctly' (I can't take it out of quotes or at least loose ones, racial archetype or not it's chosing to follow an archetype---however guilty of it I may be) portrayed character is.

Subtlety is only worth it, rather counterintuitively, when the audience notices it.

Meaning Naiti isn't two-faced as I've heard, there's a reason she favors her own no matter how welcoming she is to others. And maybe her staff isn't decoration...
I'd like to see more of the angle of how the Night Elf approaches with other races though, in particular with the fact that they are now associated with the Alliance. Do they really owe a lot to the other members of the Alliance and some orcs for helping them destroy Archimonde? Or is it Blizzard probably destroyed some good lore and our imaginings of Night Elves that you also talked about by balancing and such?

I tell you, Blizzard nicked it with the fact that orcs can visit Silvermoon freely. I mean, even the mere allowing of people to enter Stormwind Keep is a lore-breaker.

As I said, what are your facts/opinions about Night Elves joining the Alliance lore-wise?
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Well, at the end of Warcraft 3 the Elves kicked everyone out of the forest. The only ones who stayed were the Orcs, and look how that turned out, eh? Warsong Gulch isn't a tea-party-ground.

Haha, all sarcasm aside, it was mainly a balancing issue for MMO purposes. The Elves are supposed to be almost a third faction entirely, as are the Forsaken, Blood Elves, and (Broken, since the unbroken are actually a lore fudge) Draenei meant to be on their own. Of course, the Alliance can exist between such disparate factions, but it's likely shaky at best, with each bloc fighting for their own agenda.
There are some aspects that could go either way.
The Alliance, I've always believed, was comprised because the humans are too afraid to fight alone. They instill themselves as being the "face" of the Alliance - and in political attempt to make the Kaldorei feel like one of them; they made The Park as a sect in their city in attempt to make them feel welcome, and recognized for their efforts. (Despite the fact that Kaldorei would fight regardless; the humans will always utilize their spin in diplomacy to glorify anyone so long as it suits their manifesting interests for unity and leverage.)

I do believe the Kaldorei would take this, but with a deeply-rooted sense of trepidation. They were here before humans; they've endured far more than they have, their menfolk have been asleep for centuries; leaving the women to bear the sigil and arms. The night-elven females are tough as nails, they know precisely what they want, and their wars have made them the most cunning, brutal, and hardened race, shaped solely by adversities that would elude the comprehensions of Humans.

Synopsis: "We joined you in your war. Not because we wanted to fight alongside you, but because we had to. Thanks for making a faux-moonwell in your city for us, that was cute. We'll stick to our own true wells, though. If you want to come to our Tree, we won't openly deny you; but we'd really rather you stayed in your own petty, tainted forests. if you do come to Teldrassil, expect us to watch you like a hawk. We may not be opposed to you, but we don't precisely like your company, either."

Like Kag said; all of the other mish-mash they made was solely to target the broader audience that pays no attention to the lore - and allowed night elf players to roll males so they can have their own little Drizzt clones. :roll: If they intended to be true to their lore; I don't think rolling a male night elf would've even been an option - and if they were, they'd better be content with rolling a Druid, since that would likely have been the only choice offered.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.
I'd just like to say -Thank you so much- Maeven.

This has helped me make a Kaldorei druid that I am finding so much fun in playing.

Despite his Xenophobia, he is fun.

Thank you again good sir!

-Kel
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u9KDMWJsAM">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u9KDMWJsAM</a><!-- m -->
Aaah, I remember when I was playing Amon, a druid too, he was a lot of fun during the rather short time he was in use, though that wasn´t despite his xenophobia, rather because of it. Eheheheheh.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  c0rzilla's Short and Basic Guide to Worgen c0rzilla 14 4,331 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Notaris
  A Guide to Racial Prejudice in WoW Thoradin 43 12,892 03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Paylonas
  A Cosmic Duality; Sin'dorei and Kaldorei flammos200 20 13,442 09-29-2013, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Race weights and heights Reigen 32 15,178 08-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Memnoch
  The Golden Boys: A Guide to Goblin Geoni 16 9,288 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Geoni