The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Kaldorei - A Race Guide
Lol, Nikodemos IS inappropriate, just ask anybody around here.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Here's my concern. Just how young can a night elf be? I understand from the reading I've been doing that most all of them at 10,000 or older because they were in the third war. And while I have no problem playing an old character, I just don't feel right playing an old elf. Whenever I role play, which is scant enough, and I role play elves, I prefer to role play them like childish teenage pranksters who just like having fun. Does this guide mean that I can't play a reasonably younger generation of night elf?
I have a younger night elf character (Who got denied because his pet was too cartoonish, and I need to wake him up again). But it is highly unconventional. Technically, we're allowed to play elves as young as 18, though they're percieved as "Children" by their culture. That said, I believe that the younger generation of Nelfs might be severely disaffected with their culture, which was built around the concept of its people being immortal - Sure, the OLDER night elves may feel they've lived "Long enough"... but what about the newer ones who are expected to spend thousands of years they may or may not have growing into society?
Exactly, which would lead to a night elf of that age becoming rebelious and seeking out a freer form to express their existence. Living 1000 years as a soldier, or in a druids case asleep, would not appeal to them and would instill a need to run off across the world.
Actually, Kaldorei who are older than 10,000 years should be very, very rare. It wiped out quite a lot of people. The war and the sundering, that is!

Generally, Kaldorei are considered mature among their society at approximately 300. You can pretty much go wild between that. Weeeeee.
Sanity? Of course!
Then I shall make one of 371 years of age, because odd numbers are more entertaining of age. Before I make the profile though, I have one more question.

It's more of a mere curiosity, but we are all familiar with the Facial tattoos of the females in this society. What do you believe would be the reaction of a Night elf who bore a tattoo of the horde insignia upon her face?

To that end, what would be the result of a night elf child, a rarity I know, that had been found and thus raised by Orcs? As the two races are quite vehemently opposed to each other, I believe the family would have to go into hiding if they so decided to raise the child. But what would the result if such a thing were to happen? Would the child be a member of the horde? Would it return to the Kaldorei and be welcomed, or shunned, do to it's upbringing? Would the child be capable of harming an orc, or would the raising among her mortal enemies bring to her a sense of acceptance? After all, when you compare the Kaldorei and the Orcs, there are not many difference between them. True the Orcs take what they must from the land, but in terms of ferocity, the Orcs and the Kaldorei are not so different.
(01-05-2013, 02:27 PM)SoarTheSky Wrote: Then I shall make one of 371 years of age, because odd numbers are more entertaining of age. Before I make the profile though, I have one more question.

It's more of a mere curiosity, but we are all familiar with the Facial tattoos of the females in this society. What do you believe would be the reaction of a Night elf who bore a tattoo of the horde insignia upon her face?

To that end, what would be the result of a night elf child, a rarity I know, that had been found and thus raised by Orcs? As the two races are quite vehemently opposed to each other, I believe the family would have to go into hiding if they so decided to raise the child. But what would the result if such a thing were to happen? Would the child be a member of the horde? Would it return to the Kaldorei and be welcomed, or shunned, do to it's upbringing? Would the child be capable of harming an orc, or would the raising among her mortal enemies bring to her a sense of acceptance? After all, when you compare the Kaldorei and the Orcs, there are not many difference between them. True the Orcs take what they must from the land, but in terms of ferocity, the Orcs and the Kaldorei are not so different.
I'd say one of two things:
1. The rude, callous way is "It dies of a terminal case of special snowflake syndrome".

2. the ACTUAL answer is: It would be underage. There were no orcs in Azeroth until 30 years ago, and none on Kalimdor until 10 years ago. So, it's not possible to play such a character.
(01-05-2013, 04:18 PM)Scow2 Wrote: It would be underage. There were no orcs in Azeroth until 30 years ago, and none on Kalimdor until 10 years ago. So, it's not possible to play such a character.

Not asking if it is possible, I'm asking what would the final result be? It's not a character concept, but a question of what kind of adult the child would become.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  c0rzilla's Short and Basic Guide to Worgen c0rzilla 14 4,331 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Notaris
  A Guide to Racial Prejudice in WoW Thoradin 43 12,892 03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Paylonas
  A Cosmic Duality; Sin'dorei and Kaldorei flammos200 20 13,442 09-29-2013, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Race weights and heights Reigen 32 15,178 08-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Memnoch
  The Golden Boys: A Guide to Goblin Geoni 16 9,288 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Geoni