08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2642
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85237
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2209
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3394

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Korvus Fallenstar (Blood Elf Death Knight)
*Fingers crossed*

Player: MstrCorvus

Character Full Name: Korvus Fallenstar (Formerly Fairstar)

Character In-Game Name: Korvus

Nickname: The Fallen Star

Association(s): Ebon Blade,

Race: Blood Elf

Class: Death Knight

Skills and Abilities:
- Dancer: In life Korvus spent many years practicing dance and is quite nimble as a result of it. He will often incorporate dance moves into his fighting as a means of evading or taunting his opponent.
- Runic Fighter: After becoming a Death Knight, Korvus used his knowledge of Death Knight Runes to ink his body. When he fights, he will activate these to increase his physical strength as well as the potency of his unholy magic.

Sex: Male

Hair: White (Formerly Red)

Eyes: Death Knight Blue

Weight: 82 kg

Height: 6’1”

Usual Garments/Armour: He is almost always wearing his purple plate armor but can sometimes be seen wearing Acherus Knight Armor.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality:
For an undead person, Korvus is a pretty relaxed guy. When he speaks to people, he is polite but not formally so, often being casual in most situations. He has a good handle on his emotions and is not an empty husk but instead being quite a nice guy. Korvus enjoys meeting new people and learning things from them and also enjoying a drink, even though he cannot get drunk. Although his normal demeanour is casual and friendly, if you try to attack him he will simply ask politely for you to stop. Continue to purposely anger him or try to delve into his memories and he will metaphorically flip a table and enrage. This leads to excessive violence on his part.

In his free time not spent serving the Ebon Blade or in pubs, he likes to wander around the world and expand his mind. Another of his favorite pastimes is killing bandits. When his hunger hits, he will not resort to killing innocents but will rather slaughter many highwaymen, murderers and rapists. While he doesn’t enjoy killing innocents, he loves the thrill of a good fight against a tough opponent.

History:
Korvus was born in Quel’Thalas into the Fairstar family and had a fairly simple first century of life. Since he was a child, he had an obsession with boats. From his teenage years, he was placed in dance classes at his mother's behest. This training was classical, teaching him balance and grace. When he was not spending hours in dance classes his mother enrolled him in, most afternoons he would sit by the bay watching the trading ships come in with their merchandise as well as the powerful navy galleons coming in to shore to stock up on provisions. He dreamed of one day owning his own boat and it was the one driving though he had for decades. But Korvus knew he needed money to be able to purchase a boat and looked around for the best way to make money without needing excessive qualifications. He tried to become a professional dancer but he didn't make it big. After this, he quit dance classes and focused fully on working to achieve his goal. His father was a smithy and taught Korvus enough to get by.

Korvus got a job as a blacksmith, forging swords and repairing broken ones. He slaved away like this for years, saving as much as he could to achieve his dream. One day a soldier came in with a sword he had purchased from Korvus several days ago. Korvus expected to be yelled at and demeaned for doing a bad job but the soldier congratulated him on making such a fine blade and thanked him for selling it to him. This gave Korvus a feeling of pride in his work after seeing someone take time out just to thank him. He no longer only made weapons to save for his dream, but because he knew he was saving lives in some far off place where soldiers used the weapons he made to slay the elves’ enemies.

After a century and a half of working at this, Korvus’ dream of owning his own ship seemed to seem like a background thought more than a driving force. He decided that if he could not own a ship, serving on one would be the next best thing so he resigned from his blacksmith job and enrolled in the Elven Navy. He was trained in the art of raiding opposing ships and on how to fire cannons efficiently. After four decades of training endlessly, he was stationed upon the Elven Destroyer ‘Lightwhisper’. Korvus served on this vessel for many years, taking part in the second war and fighting against the Troll armadas of the Horde. He loved this life and would never have given up his seafaring service for anything.

Decades later, when Arthas and his Scourge invaded Quel’Thalas and destroyed the Sunwell, Korvus had no choice but to do as so many of his kind did and began to feed on Fel magic. This turned his eyes green and marked him as a blood elf. When he heard his nephew Anithrandil had gone on an expedition to Northrend, he followed after taking leave from his post. During their time there, he was the best man at Anithrandil’s wedding and grew close to his nephew, seeing him more as a son and a friend.

Korvus’ death came soon after his nephew’s. He was sitting at the expedition’s camp when he heard news that Anithrandil had not returned and Korvus went out to find him, encountering a band of Scourge. He fought as best he could but in the end, he was killed after a skeletal warlord ran him through with a greatsword. Korvus felt his life leave him as it drained out, staining the snow around him red.

When Korvus awoke, he was a mindless slave of the Lich King, raised to fight for the Scourge. He participated in the destruction of the Scarlet Enclave, pillaging and destroying. Korvus fought in the battle of Light’s Hope Chapel and regained his sanity when the Ebon Blade was freed from the Lich King’s control. He could not remember much of what he had done during his slavery but knows he killed a lot of innocent people. His family’s trademark red hair had lost all colour and turned white as ash. In memory of this defacing, he renamed himself to Korvus Fallenstar, the once fair star who fell from grace.

He now travels around the world trying to retain a sense of meaning in his new existence, making friends and helping out whoever he can. Korvus retained his knowledge of how to handle a blade as well as picking up some new skills since his rising, such as an affinity for shadow and unholy magic. One thought that persisted with him through death is his love of the sea and he longs to attain his forgotten dream of owning a ship.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MstrCorvus's post:
  • Kage
Good evening, Corv.

The lore content of your profile checks out as good to go.

I only have some smaller issues.

The first one, which I feel unsure about, is if you've given sufficient information for over four centuries of life. I'm wanting to suggest that you give a little more detail to the first two paragraphs of the history, since before his years of training on the Lightwhisper, he's already seen over three centuries of life (or four? I'd have to calculate it...but that's not the point). I just think that there's room for expansion in those earlier years, with things such as what he did with his dancing talent, how he got into blacksmithing, etc. However, I'll be giving this some initial approval so that I can have another FH give an opinion on whether or not you've given us enough detail on his early life.

There are also some other little things in the profile I'm curious about, such as why he renamed himself Korvus and what his old name was, who that nephew of his was (he was brought up very suddenly), and what some of those new skills he picked up on were.

Anyways, it's a good profile so far. It displays that you're thinking about what the character himself is thinking about in terms of his old life as a living Elf and his new life as a Death Knight. Memory is one of the themes surrounding DKs that I really enjoy seeing in RP.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
PM
Oh, I should have clarified. His first name was always Korvus, he just changed his last name to represent his new life. As for the nephew, Anithrandil is played by Maarten777 and I should have added more detail there. I'll take a look over it and add some more to his earlier years.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

As a note, The Fairstars are a group of blacksmiths and jewelcrafters. Korvus's (And Krest's) father was indeed a blacksmith, so he could have easily gotten into it from him!

Derp, didn't see that you edited it in! Although, he does have other nieces and nephews. Don't forget them! (Though I kinda forgot their names myself)

Another quick edit! You have a sister! (http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Melissa)
PM
I have a sister now!? Learn something new every day.
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

And don't forget Ariamis, Krest's OTHER kid.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
PM
Korvus never met many of Krest's kids. He only met Anithrandil through going to Northrend. But he had heard of all of them.
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

This profile hasn't gotten any attention since being moved to Initial but more recent profiles have so I'm just gonna.....
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

Alright alright I gotcha.

With approval.

At this point, the description of his first few centuries of life seems succinct enough.

Wikified!
[Image: anim_500.gif]
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Kaeleth Emeircenth - Blood Elf Blood Mage - Noble] Lux 15 385 01-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Folion [Draenei Death Knight] Gunnash 9 966 01-15-2015, 12:28 PM
  Lak'tuk [Orc Death Knight] Snuggley 9 862 12-11-2014, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Dilly
  Ashilynn Senn'raethi [Blood Elf Blood Mage; Noble] Scout 3 309 12-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Dilly
  Faedea Bloodscry [Blood Elf Blood Mage] Krilari 8 197 12-02-2014, 05:17 PM