The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Kysun
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well hey there, CotH! I used to play on this server last year, but took an extensive break from WoW in order to reflect upon myself and further my skills as a musician. However, my mind is lusting for some hardcore RP and thus, I think it's high time for me to re-apply here! With that in mind, I'm Jack/JJ and I'm verging on 16. My interests generally revolve around music, playing steel pan, piano, harmonica and guitar but I also have a strong passion for martial arts. Of course the written word, from poetry to novel-writing, is another past-time of mine and I enjoy discussions on culture, history, religion and general arty-farty stuff.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live in England, just outside London in a cesspit known as Slough. For watchers of English cop programs such as 'Road Wars', you've probably, rather unfortunately, seen half my neighbourhood! In all fairness, it does have it's nice areas and I will go as far as to say I live in one of them! So, English is obviously my primary language, but my bloodline is fairly complex. From what I gather, it's something along the lines of - half English, three eighths Chinese and one eighth Malaysian. Meh!

How did you get into Warcraft?:

It first crept into my life when I was an impressionable, young boy wishing to follow in the footsteps of my geeky, older brothers - that was around 4 years ago. I first started with PvP servers, but soon realised that it was almost mindless. I longed for something that'd immerse me into the World of Warcraft, beyond the 'ganking of n00bs'. By a stroke of luck, I read about role-playing in a gaming guide, having never heard of it previously. Since then, my connection with role-playing has strengthened and I feel I've become more mature, tolerant and people-orientated - all of this whilst sitting on my butt! The beauty of it ;)

What made you seek our server over others?:

As mentioned before, I had already tried out this server a while back. The role-playing standards were excellent and the environment provided was a comfortable one in which to role-play in. Having returned from my break, I dabbled into a few other servers before stumbling upon CotH once again, but found they didn't have the same impact - their lack of filtering resulted in some unpleasant experiences. I am very tolerant and even nurturing of beginner role-players, but I do not appreciate 'lollerboys' that get a kick out of tormenting a private server! Thus, I have come to CotH, hoping for something a lot more enjoyable!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

To be honest, I'm quite comfortable with most kinds of role-play. However, too much of anything can get tedious. For example, I enjoy the rush I get from high-action, combat role-play... The sheer excitement from a tense duel and the oppurtunity to construct wonderful emotes is almost unparalleled. Too much of this, however, and I start to lose that excited feeling and lean much more towards the relaxed pace of tavern role-play, taking the chance to further understand my character's ability to socially interact, and perhaps tell a few stories of past adventures. What is certain is the type of characters I prefer to play. I'm fond of characters that are original. Not originally 'pwnage' or originally 'uber-evil', but something that is somewhat a... Fail. I find it can often be the accumulation of flaws that make your character interesting, rather than their unique fighting powers. With this in mind, I often lean towards mass social interaction and remain somewhat reserved about the fights I choose to pick, but of course there are some characters I create which strike a healthier balance between the two, or even lean the other way.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

It's very hard to pick a favourite class as they all have their unique points about them. Plus, it is not often I create a character that strictly reflects upon it's stock class. However, I do enjoy the possible criminal-orientation of the Rogue, be it a charming con-man, morally-challenged mercenary or shadow-stalking killer. On the other end of the scale, I enjoy classes of a more peaceful nature. Be it a druid or a more neutral Mage, utilising the heavy-use of magic as a possibility for a 'flaw' - perhaps they drank so many potions their hair has fallen out, they have a facial twitch and have mild hallucinations about talking crates...With chicken faces! Who knows? As for races, I'm going to have to be really boring and admit I'm in favour of humans. This is simply because of their versatility and my ability to relate to them more - sure, my cousin looks kinda like an Orc, but he certainly doesn't act like one ;)

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect the role-playing standards to be excellent and the scenarios to be pleasant and enjoyable. If CotH is anything like it used to be, I'm sure it'll be just what I'm looking for. Something extra I hope for, however, is a few more European-based players - when I use to play on here, it could be a little inactive when I went on because of the predominantly American population. Hopefully, since my time away, there has been some more European additions to the server. We shall see!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I personally think 'Respect' is a very important rule that's been put in place. Some would say it is to be expected of mature players, but there are people out there who overlook this without realising - I've met a few on retail and on other private servers! It is something to be earnt but it is also something that shouldn't just been given to favourites. Be it towards a senior member, or even to a member who is of 'lower' rank to you, respect, in my eyes, is a key part of communication.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Rhelan's footsteps were a gentle thud as he anxiously paced his son's quarters. The dim-lit candle he held in a shaky hand, illuminated the face of his young son; his peaceful sleeping being a sharp contrast to his own, restless movements. He gave the boy a kiss on the forehead before taking his leave. Rhelan lingered in the doorway. Heavy emotions rested on his broad-shoulders and were determined to make him consider a cunning escape, but his actions over the last two years were irreversible, inescapable and highly punishable. Biting back fears for his son, he grabbed his sword and made his way out to welcome anticipated visitors.
The midnight breeze was biting as he silently exited his home, the coming of hooves already cutting through the eerie night-time silence. A gentle hand lay on the hilt of his sword as he cautiously paced down the pathway, his cloak swaying at his heels and his shaky breath causing wisps of vapour to fill the air. Upon reaching the end of the pathway, he glanced left down the road. A mounted figure formed a faint silhouette in the darkness, no-more than a hundred yards away, visibly slowing as it caught sight of its target.
The unsheathing of Rhelan's sword resounded in the silence around him and the figure dismounted. Its approach was silent. His approach was falsely confident. When only a few metres away, Rhelan began his charge, sword raised high, barely glinting in the moonlight. A gleam ran across his gut and a shadow passed him. Rhelan fell to his knees. His palms dug into the cobbled road that he spluttered blood over and he tried to summon up another burst of determination, only for tears to fill his eyes and a pool of blood to slowly form beneath him. The shadow of a figure simply watched, his arms crossed and masked mouth curling into a sadistic grin.
“A rebel's life is short-lived...” the shadow muttered as he pulled a flintlock from its holster. He calmly clicked the hammer down and pointed the gun to Rhelan's head.
“I'd rather die... Knowing I fought for the country... And not just it's prized... Corrupted city...” Rhelan retorted, still coughing up wads of blood. A quiet chuckle was followed by the squeeze of the trigger.
Rhelan's body lay lifeless on the cobbled road.
As the shadow remounted and rode off into the forest, a barefooted boy scampered out of his house and flung himself over his father's dead body. There he remained and sobbed until city guards found him the next morning, shaking from exposure to the elements.
“You'll be alright,” one of them said as he wrapped a warm, fur cloak around the young boy, “We'll take you to our training barracks. You'll be a strong, Tamrion City guard like us, one day!”
The boy simply shivered as another guard gave him a congratulatory pat on the back. His eyes were still red from crying, his body was numb from the cold and he was near-oblivious to what was going on, still tormented by the previous night. All he knew to do was to cling onto the guard he shared a horse with as the gentle rocking of the ride sent him to sleep.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nothing that comes to mind, but please feel free to contact me if needs be! ;D

~Kysun
./)/) Peace and Love
( '.') Cheese and Nachos
("))(") And Bunnies.

~ Kysun
We certainly have added at least a few European players in the time you've been gone. Welcome to the server!
VOUCH.

Well, I did RP with him, and he seemed the competent one. He always used proper grammar and stayed in character whatever happened to him ICly. He was also patient and was not really into becoming an imposing main character of himself that others seem to do to theirs. Welcome, with your first vouch. Make sure to work out on the other aspects of the RP.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
VOUCH

I'M glad to be the second person to Vouch for Kysun, and do so for the following reasons. Grammar is good, as is the other important aspects of writing. What caught my attention was his ability to play the character no one else will. The bumbling idiot, so far as to be ugly and stupid, truly unaware of his surroundings and completely clueless. It's a breath of fresh air to have, someone who breaks away from the traditional aspects and really embraces the art of playing something you're not. Mad props, bro.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]

[tr=bg2][td=1,]Relin Redrin[/td][td=1,]Anointed Phoenix[/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Attorney[/td][/tr]

[tr=bg2][td=1,]Quana Kwahado[/td][td=1,]Kwahado Elite[/td][td=1,]In Hiding[/td][td=1,]N/A[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]