The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Lag spikes
Hey, I don't know if this was mentioned before or anything but there are quite a lot of lag spikes on the server as of lately. They occur randomly once every minute or so. It was fine yesterday but they came back today. I don't know if there was any thread made about this. Anyone knows what's up with that? Something on our ends or? It's a bit frustrating and it might be rather hard to keep focus on the RP, seems like a mood killer for me as well.

Sorry if it isn't in the right section :-s.
If it's a server issue, only @Kretol can answer. Seeing how a lot of people have reported it happening, it's unlikely that the issue is anywhere else.
(10-06-2013, 04:33 AM)Sorum Wrote: Hey, I don't know if this was mentioned before or anything but there are quite a lot of lag spikes on the server as of lately. They occur randomly once every minute or so.

I too have been experiencing lag spikes, but definitely not every minute. Maybe once or twice an hour.

Not only have a lot of people reported them happening, but most people seem to experience them at the exact same time--which pretty much leaves no other possibility other than that the issue is server-side and not something we can fix on our ends.

Needs moar slopes imo
Needs moar archaeology imo
Are you folks absolutely sure it's occurring so often? Or just a few days during the week at a certain time? Because I did realize that when my phone was uploading backed-up apps to the Cloud it was horribly mangling my bandwidth (I realize this because I was raiding at that particular time). This thread was started shortly after my phone did a scheduled backup/upload which is why I'm apprehensive.
That said, after I finally got done with my classes (and got my Bachelor's) in February, and after I repaid most of my student loans, I was intending on looking into a VPS for the server. I'm actually waiting to see if any deals crop up as well, considering the place I'm looking at would be ~70ish per month normally. This could be beneficial considering I could host the website and game server on the same machine which means communication between the databases would be more feasible (and certainly quicker), not to mention the faster latency. But, again, that's something for the future. For now, I've disabled the auto-uploading from my phone.
I had the lag spikes too. It was yesterday and I would get a spike for about 20 seconds, good for 3 mintues, lag spike again, rinse and repeat.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
(10-06-2013, 08:46 PM)Kretol Wrote: Are you folks absolutely sure it's occurring so often? Or just a few days during the week at a certain time? Because I did realize that when my phone was uploading backed-up apps to the Cloud it was horribly mangling my bandwidth (I realize this because I was raiding at that particular time). This thread was started shortly after my phone did a scheduled backup/upload which is why I'm apprehensive.
That said, after I finally got done with my classes (and got my Bachelor's) in February, and after I repaid most of my student loans, I was intending on looking into a VPS for the server. I'm actually waiting to see if any deals crop up as well, considering the place I'm looking at would be ~70ish per month normally. This could be beneficial considering I could host the website and game server on the same machine which means communication between the databases would be more feasible (and certainly quicker), not to mention the faster latency. But, again, that's something for the future. For now, I've disabled the auto-uploading from my phone.

Is was occurring quite often indeed, and for long periods of time. It was fixed when I logged in around evening (EU time). I guess we will see if the phone was the problem. Thanks for the attention tho!