The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Layz's Introduction
Hi!

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I started playing games on consoles/computers when I was really young. Maybe four or five. I really got into Warcraft 3 when it first came out, even if I was terrible at it.. my brother had to show me how to do everything. When I could actually play, I started into the campaign mode and I loved the story. I don't really play many other games, really. I enjoy RPG and RTS games. (Such a Blizzard fanboy.)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live in Canada, and my primary language is English. Eh.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

When I was four or five I watched my brother play Warcraft 2 all the time. I started playing Warcraft 3 when it came out, and about a year after WoW came out, I started playing it too. I quit for four or five months before I came back.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I'm getting bored of retail, and there's not any good roleplay on any Blizzard servers (that I can find) anymore. I'm getting bored of Ulduar, too. My raid group is like a lump, really.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy calm, everyday life type RP. Fighting RP, in my eyes, is kind of boring, since it's done through all emotes or else whoever has more experience in PvE would win, which isn't really the point of RP, in my opinion. Um, yeah. :D

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I like Blood Elves and Undead. My favourite classes are mages and rogues. On retail my first main was an undead mage, and I got him to 70. I was so proud.

But then I quit, and when I came back, I rolled a Blood Elf Rogue, who I now play in end-game Northrend. It's just the feeling I get when I can play something really well.

From an RP perspective, I like undead and blood elves because of their tragic pasts. I am a sucker for depressing things and things that make me angry. :3 I like rogues and mages because of their stereo-type personalities. Not that I would play a stereotypical character, I just like the idea of a rogue pretending to be all nice and picking people's pockets when they're not looking, or a mage in a study with his face in a book.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Not much, honestly. Just.. lots of RP, I guess. And serious RP, too. I dislike comedy. xD

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Maturity. I can't stand it when I log in to retail, and there's an extremely pointless argument in trade at 5 in the morning. It's really annoying.

Also, the RP rules. I hate it when people RP as vampires or multi-dimensional travelers, etc.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Uh-oh. Not my thing. Oh well! Here goes..

Layorin was sitting on a bench, near the fountain of Silvermoon City.. He was deep in thought, concentrating only about the stories of the human prince, Arthas, leading an army of undead. He couldn't imagine such a thing.

He got up, his short legs barely reaching the ground. He had to jump down. His legs ran as fast as they could to keep up with his brother, Fash, who was talking with their mother. He hated it when they kept things from him.

"Mommy, hey! What're you talking about, mommy?" he asked, frantically waving his hands in the air to get the attention of his mother. Fash looked over at him, a look of distaste on his lips. His mother turned and kneeled, playfully messing up Layorin's hair.

"Well, dear.. you and Fash are going to go to the Hinterlands for a while. Just while mommy and daddy fix some things up, okay?" she said, smiling cheerfully at him. Layorin couldn't do much but nod, as he would hate to see his mother even a little upset.

"Well then, come on, you runt." said Falorne, beckoning at the caravan in front of him. Layorin gleefully ran over to the caravan, and his mother lifted him in. He loved spending time with his brother. He didn't really understand how mean he was, but it wasn't hurting him much.

As Fash climbed in after him, he couldn't help but feel like something bad was going to happen. He thought about his day. The streets looked much more bare than they usually did around this time. High Elves usually seemed like they just came out of walls, but he'd only seen a few people today.

He turned around to look at his mother. "Mommy, why is everyone so scared?" His blue eyes stared inquisitively at the lady, waiting for an answer. She just frowned and sighed. "You'll see, dear. It's nothing to worry about. You'll be safe." She nodded to the caravan driver, and they were off. He looked through the makeshift windows of cloth as they went through the streets.

"Fash, which way is the Hintardlands?" he asked, smiling over at his brother.

"Hinterlands, you idiot. Not Hintardlands. And it's south, through the forests of Lordaeron. Got that?"

"Yup!" he excalimed, leaning over to hug his brother. Fash just put out a hand to halt his advance.

Layorin sighed, and stopped trying. He retreated back to his spot on the other side of the caravan's small bench.. "I hate my name. It's so long." He looked over at his brother. "What's your real name? Isn't it something really dumb?"

Fash grunted, and looked over at his brother. "It's Falorne. Not much longer than yours. Go to sleep. You're bothering me."

"Can you give me a nickname, big brother? Please?" Layorin stared happily at his brother, who looked like he was about to kill someone. He sighed deeply.

"Only if you shut up and go to sleep." Fash complained, rubbing his hands on the side of his head.

"Okay!" replied Layorin.

"..what about.. Layz? There. No go to sleep. Quickly."

"Layz.. Layzzzz.. okay! Goodnight, big brother!"

He layed down, his small form barely covering half of the bench. Fash tossed him a blanket, and he covered himself with it. It wasn't all that large, but he managed to, finally, drift off to sleep.

I hope that was good enough. xD I never write stories. RP is different, I'm sure you all know.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope!
Welcome to the server.
Even though Layz just joined the server two minutes ago, I'm going to give him an early

VOUCH

I've RPed with Layz many, many, many times on retail WoW, and I'm the one who persuaded him to join CotH in the first place LOL. Layz is a great roleplayer and a very good person OOC who will definitely be a valuable asset to our community. Welcome, Layz!