The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Let's talk WoW guns!
Okay, well. I've noticed this in WoW - firearms. Let's talk 'em.

Theres been a large number of people I've roleplayed with that state different sorts of guns. Some people say, anyone outside of being a hunter should not be able to use a gun. (In my opinion is bull..)

But to the point! The technology of rifles. I've seen flintlock and matchlock used, bolt-action .. or even machine guns. Matchlock and flintlock, I can see being usable - however, rather inaccurate even with the proper training to be used. Bolt action.. maybe. In some cases, it might explain how hunters reload in such an akward stance when using guns - plus, I think gnomes are rather ingenious to be able to afford that techbology. Machine-guns.. I've found little proof that there is such.

What are your opinions on this topic? Steampunk? Late Medievl ages?
Honestly? My opinion: The guns that exist in game are the guns that exist in game. There is little to no consistency in World of Warcraft as to what magic or technology or any combination is capable of doing, sooo... sorry I can't be much more of a help.

I'd also like to say that I have no idea what any of those words you used mean. Heh.
Paint. (It's red now!)
Well, I agree with most of what is said, but one major thing I'd like to bring to this discussion is: Machine Guns.
no, however certain guns like the Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle have multiple firing chambers, these should be treated as Semi-Rapid Fire. For instance, you can fir off all 6 shots (12 if you count the double barrels) in a few seconds, but it would take an awfully long time, (possibly minutes) to reload them all.
That's my 2p, or 3.4 Cents.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
But, the accuracy of these shots should be... nonexistent. And the sheer size... Yep. Just use realism. That's all I've got, folks.
Paint. (It's red now!)
When I use guns, personally in RP - they're just flintlock. Fire 'em, throw them away until you can reload them. I mean, even if you are skilled - it'd take at least thirty seconds to reload one.
Oh, I agree with Painty, I'm just stating that some weapons would be flintlock, but with multiple shots before needing to be reloaded, see what I'm getting at here? Though yes, the accuracy would be horrible.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
Sometimes I think people think too much on things, but...

Remember, WoW is a fantasy world, not exactly ye olden times, but some crazed marriage of steampunk and fantasy that's cheating on the side with a little dose of space sci-fi.

I think guns only vary by society; goblins, dwarves, and gnomes likely are familiar with automatics, bazookas, grenade launchers, and the like while everyone else who hasn't been camping around their culture may be like "wtf."

There's also another family of "gun" that's only useable by a technomage- an engineering mage who channels their magic through technology. Think laser rifle, but instead of a stream of lasers, you get some fire/arcana/ice/fel/conjured iced tea to the face.

And then gunners have "mystical abilities" (read: cartoon logic) when it comes to their draw, fire, rapid loading, and all of that.
˜★Sketch Blog
Also, accuracy is a funny bit too. Shape of bullets as well as the ribbing inside the gun determine accuracy. IRL at least. So, uh, since you can't really see that in game, it's kinda hard to say that it is or isn't accurate, yeah?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I suppose. But things like light crafted shots or lower leveled ammunition appear to be ball-and-powder style, whereas the more expensive ones are all modern-looking, streamlined... uh, bullet-shaped. So it'd really depend on the resources and skills of the character in question--No peasant or plain ol' guardsman would be using calibrated scoped whatever doohickeys (Replace that with some legitimate terms from someone who knows something about guns).
Paint. (It's red now!)
To be absolutely honest, the look of a gone, or the look of the type of ammo it uses is sheer OOC information.

My opinion on gun usage is determined by the roleplayer themselves, for instance, Mekkodin uses a long rifle with a scope attached.

He uses bullets composed mainly of mithril with the tip of the bullet being fel iron, the gun itself is a type of bolt action, but not technically a firing bolt, as in the Springfield rifle.

The bolt is actually what the trigger on his gun pulls, the bullet is placed in the barrel, and the trigger quickly pulls the bolt forward, clamming the shell inward and firing the bullet out the barrel.

Bases of Guns in WoW RP has ALL to do with the individual's imagination for the RP
Mekkodin Kotorin Firebeard

I'm gonna part yer hair wi' this axe ye nauseatin' wussy footed spyrokeet gas bag !

Ye pig faced puppy killin' stick O' manure !

What's this about you breathin' my air ? ye scabby arsed bairn stealin' bile bag !
I think a low-crafted gun would be more apt to backfire on you or become jammed as part of those festive inaccuracies.
˜★Sketch Blog
Personally. Thoril is an old-school dwarf. He uses a shotgun - fires it once, then sets it aside. Because really - while charging at someone, an empty shotgun is only worth like a cheap club.
I'd throw the gun at them... then charge, or charge and throw at the same time...

Massive confusion.
Mekkodin Kotorin Firebeard

I'm gonna part yer hair wi' this axe ye nauseatin' wussy footed spyrokeet gas bag !

Ye pig faced puppy killin' stick O' manure !

What's this about you breathin' my air ? ye scabby arsed bairn stealin' bile bag !
To be blunt, this is World of Warcraft. It's lore does not follow our history, and as such the guns that are made in this world do not necessarily represent the time of age that we know.

So the guns that dwarfs made may not represent the accuracy or power ours did during our late medieval era.
Jessika Iskuri - Human Female Priest. Shy, innocent, cute little thing.
Dias Raveindell - Human Male Warrior. Cold, silent lone warrior type.

Cassandra Singlider - Human Female Mage. (Deceased)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Boy and His Guns Valicor 43 7,886 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  Greetings, Back, Question on character choice. Talk to me :D Zason 8 1,624 09-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Zason
  Custom Model Character Talk/Rant Thoradin 16 4,430 01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Last Post: hiddengecko
  Talk about favorite lore, and history of Warcraft. Spiralin 6 1,258 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Grimnir
  The on going talk of Marriage... Cressy 16 3,114 04-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Theik