The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Letters from the Lake House
Spoiler:
Or Letters from Foster's Home for Poor Mind-Rotted Bastards. Not to be confused in the slightest with this film:||.

That being said, these are for cute little letters as they come to me. If you've interacted with Calloway and would like to write her a letter, please be my guest to leave an IC message!

Calloway Wrote:To His Most High Dresdenness,

She made new friends today. They fixed the woodshed. Now you can have a secret place for your desk so that she does not put moth larvae in it! It's their little secret Does this mean you need to move your desk to another secret place so that she don't find it? Desk hide-and-go-seek?

... Are you still upset about the moth larvae?

Be safe in the City,

Cally
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Quote:My dear Cally,

Yes. I have made my peace with the moth larvae, worry your little head not.

I am very pleased to see your scribing coming along so well. Your script is beautiful. It is wonderful to know that you have been able to write this for me and be so productive around the Lake House at the same time! I will be sure to bring you back an extra special present for you and your friends. That woodshed was taking years out of my life.

I fear I will still be some time in the City yet, my dear. In the meantime, though, I would love to hear about your new friends.

Ever a joy to hear from you,

Alistair

P.S. I must also ask you to keep an eye on our young friend Mr. Rothmark, my dear. I noticed that he was becoming even less conversational shortly before I last left the grounds and I must admit that I fear somewhat for his well being. He's usually quite fixated with playing with the trains, so perhaps, if you can coax some reason out of him, you could encourage him to take up a more practical hobby to better engage his mental and motor skills.
The following letter appears to be written in a variety of different-colored paints, with flowers, moths and stars drawn within the margins and around Alistair and Calloway's names. Included in the envelope is a painting of the Lake House with a few of its residents. Surprisingly, it's well-painted and many painstaking details included.

Calloway, in paint, Wrote:Dearest Alistair,

One of her friends is a new Forsaken come to relax at the House for a little time -- he hasn't decided to stay with them permanently yet. He is very good at rowing and adjusting the boat umbrella. She will not be getting sunburned on his watch. Her other friend is a grasshopper the size of her finger -- you know how long she has been looking for one in Tirisfal!!!!!

She did not let the grasshopper into your study. The grasshopper certainly did not get into your inks. In the city, will you pick up some more black ink? She needs more for writing the letters. She is excited that you think her handwriting is beautiful! She practices, practices, practices.

Mr. Rothmark doesn't like trains anymore, your Dresdenness, but he will talk with her when they are painting. They have been painting for two whole days! She painted this for you to keep you company when you are away from home. She is worried for him, still. What can she do?

(Also included in the envelope is a copied version of an audition notice.)

Can she go? Can she go, please, please, please? She will be very well behaved and not try to stand at the very front of the zeppelin again. She learned her lesson when she scared you almost to your second death She will take the shiny bauble in the City--- Maybe she will see you there! She is preparing the Tree piece that you wrote for her unless his Dresdenness thinks something else would be better.

'Wish you were here',

Calloway
Many redirected bats later, a parcel would find its way at last to a Mr. Gallo. Outside, the thick paper is worse-for-wear. Inside, wrapped in pink tissue paper, one would find a weather-worn brown hat with a wide brim. There is a note nestled inside the hat:

Calloway Wrote:To His Most Twitchedy Gallo Arnaldo,

She is sorry for sneaking up on you on the hill but she was playing Lion. She didn't ask you if you played Lion, but surely you have -- why else would you have been in Arathi (which is not Silverpine)? Next time you can be the Lion and she will play the antelope. She is also sorry to have stolen your hat, but she did not realize that it was still on her head when you turned and hurried away. It has been cleaned and she assures you that there is nothing on it. near it. crawling in it. You are also invited to come to the Lake House any time that you want: She would be delighted to give you a tour and to introduce you to everyone!

Warmest Regards and Other Niceties,

Calloway
Calloway Wrote:Dearest Garridan, Divine Bard Extraordinaire,

Is this your correct address? She understands that as a bard-about-the-world, you are hard to send letters to, but hopefully the bats are not too tired from delivering her fifth letter to you! Do bats take holidays from their work? His Dresdenness should build a bat house near the lake for them. You can tell the bat story! She thinks you would certainly tell it best.

Speaking of your best stories, she hopes that she will see you again soon! It has been a very long time since the festival, but she has not forgotten your story. Bird people! Jumping from the skies! His Dresdenness has heard her retelling of it many times. They have a stage here, you can help them put on a play! She is going to be in elf plays, soon.

Come visit!!!!!

Cally (Her full name is Calloway if you have forgotten!)
Calloway Wrote:Alistair,

They are scared. She hears stories of monsters in the woods. There are drums moving south. She hears that the Fire is spreading. She is scared.

Please come home. They need you.

Please come for her.

C.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Letters to/from Gantrithor ProjectRandom 0 740 01-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: ProjectRandom
  The Lineage of a Noble House Deoblo138 0 750 09-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Deoblo138
  Letter(s) to House Winters. Psychyn 1 865 08-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Psychyn