The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Liosan's Intorduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, firstly, I would like to say hi to everyone responsible for this community.
Now, about me:
My favorite games are absolutely Role-playing games and MMORPGs. I also like playing FPSs like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Counter Strike, although I don't play them as much as I play RPGs.
Before I came to World Of Warcraft, the first MMORPGs I played was Runescape. I even subscribed to the damn thing, because I have to admit, the graphics and gameplay might be complete bull, but they know their way around making it immersive, and also because some of my friends played it.
After that, I heard about World Of Warcraft. I had played previous Warcrafts and loved them so it had to be great. I remember my brother installing the game and trying to play it on private servers, but we couldn't find any good one and, at that time, our Internet provider wasn't good at all. So, instead of buying World Of Warcraft, we had to buy Guild Wars instead. So we stayed there sometime until one day I went to the mall with my mother and convinced her to buy WoW.(13/04/06)
More recently I've tried other MMORPGs like Age of Conan, Lord Of The Rings, which I bought, but I guess WoW is still the best.
Personally I think all those game have great aspects but World Of Warcraft suffices due to it's simplicity, meaning of course the gameplay and the graphics, although let me add, that I don't like the graphics.

I also have to say that I'm a computer player only. I played PS2 in the past but it stands there, in the past.
I hate that some games don't come out in the PC version, although I respect that, concerning the companies and their profits etc... One of those games is Fable, which is an RPG I enjoy playing. Loved "The Lost Chapters" but I guess the second isn't coming out for PC very soon.

At the moment I don't have the WoW subscription up and I haven't played retail for about a month now.
But well, as a player I usually download any game I think it's worth trying out.
The only games I buy are MMORPGs, the rest I download, although there might be exceptions.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live in Portugal and my Primary language is Portuguese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I didn't play the first Warcraft. It was a friend of mine that lent me Warcraft III and I got addicted to the game. My English wasn't very good at that time so it was hard to understand the story, but I enjoyed playing it very much.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Well, most of the servers I try are all full of bugs and hackers. I rarely find a good one. So, since RP servers are usually more strict and mature I'd like to give it a shot. And also because I want to experience RPing in a private server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Occasional RP is very interesting for me sometimes. In retail I've had some good and bad experiences.
One of my favorite types or RP are travels, like camping in the woods at night with some friends, or hunting.
I also enjoy spending time at the inn and see what people are about in there. There is also something I like which is people running a tavern, where they cook and serve their own made food.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Before I played WoW I wanted to be a Tauren Hunter. The Taurens were my favorite race, probably because of their love for nature. I remember watching the first WoW Trailer and they caught my attention.
My brother wanted to be a Night Elf druid so we both created similar characters but I didn't like it so much.
So I had to try something else. I had a picture in my mind of my brother in a private server playing as a human mage and that's what I turned out to be.
But I don't have a preference.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect this server to be well monitored and it's players to be respectful and mature.
I hope to make new friends on this server and RP in a fun way with them.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I'd say Maturity and Respect are the most important rules in my view. They are essential for the well being of a server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

-Since you say "a" story, this might not be my characters story.-

--

There was once a large forest in the north of the mountains. High were the mountains, covered by ice and snow. Only the bravest and strongest traveled trough them, due to them being not only freezing but also dangerous.
The forest was hard to reach, surrounded by hills and valleys. It was dence and deep, filled with trees, but the suns' light could penetrate the highest branches and shine the woodland.
To the east of the forest, close to a lake, where a cascade fell quietly and peacefully, there was a small village. It was old but well preserved by its people, that were good hearted.
A calm day, in the morning, a strange foreigner entered the villages' inn. He had the looks of someone who had just traveled a long journey, and was tired. He walked to the balcony and spoke with the innkeeper.
The tavern was barely lighted. The fireplace at the end of the hall was the main source of light. The windows were closed, with no view to the outside, but, even open, they wouldn't provide any illumination, due to the sun still being in the other side of the mountain. Some candles were also distributed in tables. Although it was still mourning, the traveler asked for a room went in for a rest.

When he woke up it was still day. His garments were diverse. The boots were dwarfish made - resistant to the frost effects of the mountains. His trousers were made of light and strong leather, which also applied to his jacket. He also equipped a wide cloak, elven crafted - he could wrap himself around with it, protecting from the cold and keeping himself warm. In his belt he carried a small sack and a dagger, but the most distinguished of his equipment was his sword. Just looking at it would make any foe tremble with fear, even if only for some moments. The sword was long and sharp. Silver lightning reflected from it and there were some strange markings near to its hilt, marked red. He carried it on his back.
He looked outside the window. His eyes sparked green and his face had a small scar on his left cheek. His hair was brown, long and loose.
He went back to the main hall. There were about five people distributed by the tables. The waitress served the orders with a smile and the air was friendly. Suddenly, a man came in from the front door and looked directly at the traveler, walking towards him.
He's face was barely visible, wearing a hood over his head.
He stood still as he watched the man approaching and stopping in front of him.
"Are you him?"
"No, I am myself." says the traveler
The man smiled and pointed to the quarters.
As they entered the room, the man shut the door.
He took of his hood. The beautiful elf smiled again.
"We have much to discuss"
His voice was soft with a melodic tune. Covered by a robe, he began talking and asking questions to the traveler.
"Yes, I was sent by my master to this land. Told to seek out this village and make sure everything was tidy and secure, which seems to be. He said that evil was emerging to the west of here and that this place could be in danger after so many years of peace. He also told me someone would be expecting me."

"He told you correctly. The west of the valley is getting corrupted. Trees are rotting, waters are drying and I believe you were sent here to help me stop it. I was once sent by my council to protect this land of any threat that appeared and days before you came, a scout messenger told me you were coming. I guess your master has made contact with my people.

( TO BE CONTINUED )

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Hope you don't mind that my story is incomplete. That's just something that I came up with, but I don't want to write a book in here, if you understand.
Welcome to the server!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deathrall's Intorduction Deathrall 1 539 01-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Delta