The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

List of Spawnable Items
Hello, team!

I was wondering how difficult it would be to compose a list of all the spawnable items CotH and its GMs have access to. Sort of like Kretol's custom clothing items list. Until the issue with the custom patch is worked out, I think it'd help players decide what they might want, without going through five things that they can't use.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Oh boy, that would be a bit of a doozy. There are thousands of items, some of which are incorrectly named or not named at all, that I don't even think the GM team knows the full extent of what can be spawned. I think one of us was at some point trying, but I never saw anything come from it. It's likely something one of us could do with a lot of time on our hands and a willingness to crash the server a few times due to faulty items. We do have a small list of tables and chairs currently, but that's about it.
The custom patch does not affect items. Are you actually talking about items, or are you talking about objects?
...Uhhhh.

What's the difference? 8D
Items = inventory items. Objects = game objects that are spawned in the world, like mailboxes, crates, walls, etc.
Oh well, I meant objects!
There is no list of objects that players have access to (unless they happen to see the Custom GOb Patch list on the GM site). Furthermore, any objects that require a patch is looked up separately than the normal lookup object command. What were you referring to regarding having to go through several objects that aren't spawnable?
So I herd that the reason we don't have Patchaclysm on Cataclysm is because the necessary patch doesn't work on the Mac version of the WoW client.
Now, I used Mac for many years, and I was plenty able to run the PC WoW client through Wine. Wine is a program thing originally made to allow Linux users to run PC programs, which was then made to work on intel-based Macs. (think most Macs made after 2007-2008)
Unless one of the few Mac users on CotH is running a rig over half a decade old, they should, with relative ease, be able to download a PC Cata client, configure or procure a pre-made Wibeskin for WoW Cata, and be on their merry way, RPing with the desired game object patch.
I attempted to do that, Dae, on my mac when we were first testing for the switch to cata. The client via wine is super buggy and I wouldn't put anyone though that. Why would we have people switch to a buggier client when the natural mac client works just fine?
I tri-boxed Cata through Wine back on my 2009 Mac. Playing the game as a game, not for RP purposes. Something must've gone terribly wrong for you, as it was a flawless experience for me once I rebound some keys.

What version of Wine were you using?
I don't recall, I fear! It was a while ago.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morph Items Vrahn 6 1,664 09-29-2014, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  Forum gold/Purchasable Items Harmonic 18 4,699 01-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Last Post: ProjectRandom
  Adding custom items to vendors? FlyingSquirrel 9 2,476 01-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Tanuka NPC items? Dae 1 872 11-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Maarten
  Druid of the Flame Items [Cosmetic] c0rzilla 11 1,935 08-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Harmonic