The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Little details that you like about WotLK
On topic bit from me: I love the fur... or at least what *looks* like fur on all the armor.
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
I love the lich king -dreamy eyes-
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
I love the darker look to the game, makes it really seem like a not-so-nice place to be in, at least Northrend does.
Yeah thats what I love about Northrend, once you get off the boat or zeppelin and you get a chance to get your bearings you are immersed in an almost constant siege from the Scourge. Like Valiance Keep in the Borean Tundra is under attacked by these things called "Scourge Spitters" they are flying around the front of the walls and setting everything on fire.

I love it!!!
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

I managed to play through the Death Knight starting zone on one of my friend's accounts, and I have decided that the quests in WotLK are a blessing.

Example quest: You sneak into a coal cart, which gets hauled by a peasant onto a boat. From there, you steal one of the ship's cannons, and fire shots at the shore, destroying ballistae and troops, until you've killed 100 troops. Then you ride away on a skeletal gryphon.

Another example: You get to ride on a frost wyrm and kill a whole bunch of Scarlet Crusaders. As in, you attack using the frost wyrm's freezing breath.

Apparently, the quests are consistently creative within Northrend itself, as well.
Ah, I agree about the quests, and the Darkness, as Nostra explained to me once, (or maybe it was Sasail) Warcraft is very, very dark under the surface, but the problem is the environment doesn't reflect this, the lore upon the plaguelands is gritty, but the static undead mobs don't seem to reflect that. But due to their new engine, Blizzard have made it a lot better. The Undead move all the time, they don't sit on their butts, the Buildings are all walled, they're damaged, I love the look of Valiance keep. It shows a true side to the siege, the outlying village where the peasants live is destroyed, burned down, yet the people inside the walls are safe, and do nothing. THAT is corruption.

I also love the Icecrown route, in WoW there are always battle-sites, maybe a few scars on the land, but not that much to show you what happened. But in the Lich King? Tons, there are corpses everywhere, the Undead aren't sitting and waiting for you, they rise OUT OF THE GROUND wearing the armour of the fallen, they wear what the dead troops did.

It's amazing, it's gritty, dark, and full of hidden corruption.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
There are no little details, everything is super detailed!

Everything I heard so far is good, especially bikes and barbershop, but those aren't little.

I like how Death Knights die, no need to corpse run.
[Image: irontrooperx.png]
Vengeance Landing is my favorite area, extended to the rest of the Howling Fjord. There are places that made me go "WHOA!?", the Riven Forest or whatever it´s called for an example.

Oh, and Crystalsong Forest, love that place and it´s... colouring...
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

That nuclear bomb takes all the fantasy out of the game, just like hawk said... I don't like that. Anyway, Metamorphosis FTW! I love that stuff. :)

Also, Unholy Death Knights are just great, they have Ghouls as pets, they can turn into one when they die, they can summon Gargoyles, etc, etc. You gotta love WotLK!

Killachipmunk Wrote:they rise OUT OF THE GROUND wearing the armour of the fallen, they wear what the dead troops did
What?!
Though many might consider you bigoted, you're driven by your strong beliefs and no one can prove you wrong.
Yeah, like zombies, but they have the armour of what died.

Ohohoh, also, regarding Metamorphosis, are we gonna allow that here?
I never use spells like that myself, nor Shadowform, but turning yourself into a demon?
Ehhh, I'm a little Shakey on that one.
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
I just love the dragonblight. It will allow for some pretty awesome arctic exploration Role-play.
Killachipmunk Wrote:Ohohoh, also, regarding Metamorphosis, are we gonna allow that here?
I never use spells like that myself, nor Shadowform, but turning yourself into a demon?
Ehhh, I'm a little Shakey on that one.

I think it's an interesting tool, at least. I have a character in mind this could work for. She wouldn't do it on purpose, certainly, and never for any appreciable length of time. It definitely wouldn't be something (for me) to use for everyday combat, but it would be something that could be useful in progressing her character.

And no, she isn't a half-demon/daughter-of-Illidan/what-have-you. >_<
Bury me on my feet. I have lived my entire life on my knees.
Woa, just looked that up on thottbot. Awesome spell.
I know this would be a MAJOR detail, but I am guilty of rolling a Death Knight on my PvP live server (so sue me...) and the end of the starter quest line with Tirion and Darion and... I won't wreck it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but whooo it gave me goosebumps. And also garnered strange looks from my boyfriend. I suppose cheering and clapping and jumping up and down is a bit irregular behavior for playing WoW.

In general though, I love the cinematic/sequenced events that take place in the expansion, the storyline that progresses and the characters involved. It really gives more dimension to the game and really immerses you like it is really happening, instead of 'Bring me fourteen bloody fangs!' over and over for eternity. The new expansion contains more unique content in the first 10 minutes of arriving there than TBC has in its entirety. It's really refreshing.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=][th=5]
Character Information
[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Race[/td][td=1,]Class[/td][td=1,]Association[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][/tr][tr=bg2][td=1,]Lyra Dawnreaver[/td][td=1,]Sin'dorei[/td][td=1,]Mage[/td][td=1,]None[/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][/tr][tr=bg3][td=1,]Noelle Sophelia Payne[/td][td=1,]Human[/td][td=1,]Mage[/td][td=1,]None[/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][/tr][tr=bg3][td=1,]Eliana Grace Matthews[/td][td=1,]Human[/td][td=1,]Paladin[/td][td=1,]None[/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][/tr][tr=bg3][td=1,]Connie Fizzlebolt[/td][td=1,]Gnome[/td][td=1,]Rogue[/td][td=1,]None[/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][/tr][tr=bg3][td=1,][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners][corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
I have to agree about the quests, they're awesome! I saw the battle of Angrathar the Wrath Gate at youtube, it was cool to see it, but it was totally kick-ass when you have to do it yourself, and after that to attack the Undercity with King Varian Wrynn! It's just awesome!

Also, the new mounts are nice aswell, bikes, mammoths and proto-drakes!

And when i saw the design's of the greenish items ingame i thought: The epics must have perfect design's, as the greenish allready look awesome. But okey, thats how i see them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Total RP 2 for WotLK? Holynexus 2 6,236 09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Holynexus
  CotH Census (Post-WotLK) Qaza 163 24,862 07-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Hinbane
  Few minor details I wanna know TeroSNS 15 2,713 06-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Drust
  Prestige Details? MrCandlejack 7 1,321 04-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Last Post: MrCandlejack
  WotLK Downloading Semai 51 6,656 01-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Last Post: icegrover