The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Lucelia's Expedition of the Stairs of Hell
Entry 1:
I set out on my journey with a single thought in mind. Climb the entire staircase and perhaps the Tower of Tears beyond that. A daunting task, I must admit. What mad scientist of an architect created this maddening thing? I'd heard him referred to as Kretol, an appropriate name I should say when you consider that it sounds very much like "Create All". This is surely proof that he does just that.

I neared the stairs and could only, well, stare. It was frightening, but the mocking laughter of the Trolls behind me sent me on my way. They showed no awe over it, but I'm sure that they were too enthralled with dancing than something like this. With a heavy sigh, I set my foot on the first stair... And began to climb.

(I have the urge to write this as I climb. This isn't from an IC perspective at all, more just for funzies.)
Entry 1:
I set out on my journey with a single thought in mind. Climb the entire staircase and perhaps the Tower of Tears beyond that. A daunting task, I must admit. What mad scientist of an architect created this maddening thing? I'd heard him referred to as Kretol, an appropriate name I should say when you consider that it sounds very much like "Create All". This is surely proof that he does just that.

I neared the stairs and could only, well, stare. It was frightening, but the mocking laughter of the Trolls behind me sent me on my way. They showed no awe over it, but I'm sure that they were too enthralled with dancing than something like this. With a heavy sigh, I set my foot on the first stair... And began to climb.

(I have the urge to write this as I climb. This isn't from an IC perspective at all, more just for funzies.)
Entry 2:

At last, I neared the top of the 'stairs'. I stared in wonder, I was certainly far up! To my utter surprise, there was an Orc here. She seemed quite bored with it all, having only herself as company. In fact, when I approached her she seemed quite delirious. She had a pretty face, for an Orc, but the way she spoke almost made me climb down those stairs and give in there. She would go from "Gryshka hungry!" to "I express a desire for sustenance, perhaps you brought something I could eat?" However, I managed to steel myself for an interview.

Lucelia: So, Gryshka. I assume you were given this job?

Gryshka: Why, no! Actua- Gryshka plucked from inn by Great Hand in Sky and- Set here to help adventurers when I could.

L: I... See. Was the change in temperature a shock when you were set here? Going from the heat of Durotar to the cold of the Sky seems a very large Extreme.

G: Gryshka cold first. Then she warmed.

L: Very interesting, Gryshka. Would you care to tell me what it is you do to help adventurers?

G: Of course! I sit here and wait and when someone comes along, I offer them a teleportation stone that will bring them back here. For a price.

L: ... I might just need that. Do you have a message for anyone back home?

G: Gryshka miss family.

With those final words, I purchased the stone and stared ahead. The lack of room to walk terrified me, to be honest. But I had set myself to do this... And I will.
Entry 2:

At last, I neared the top of the 'stairs'. I stared in wonder, I was certainly far up! To my utter surprise, there was an Orc here. She seemed quite bored with it all, having only herself as company. In fact, when I approached her she seemed quite delirious. She had a pretty face, for an Orc, but the way she spoke almost made me climb down those stairs and give in there. She would go from "Gryshka hungry!" to "I express a desire for sustenance, perhaps you brought something I could eat?" However, I managed to steel myself for an interview.

Lucelia: So, Gryshka. I assume you were given this job?

Gryshka: Why, no! Actua- Gryshka plucked from inn by Great Hand in Sky and- Set here to help adventurers when I could.

L: I... See. Was the change in temperature a shock when you were set here? Going from the heat of Durotar to the cold of the Sky seems a very large Extreme.

G: Gryshka cold first. Then she warmed.

L: Very interesting, Gryshka. Would you care to tell me what it is you do to help adventurers?

G: Of course! I sit here and wait and when someone comes along, I offer them a teleportation stone that will bring them back here. For a price.

L: ... I might just need that. Do you have a message for anyone back home?

G: Gryshka miss family.

With those final words, I purchased the stone and stared ahead. The lack of room to walk terrified me, to be honest. But I had set myself to do this... And I will.
Ha, but I was there, gloating that I already made it up the Stairs of Hell and the Tower of Tears the entire time.

*Gloats-some-more*
Ha, but I was there, gloating that I already made it up the Stairs of Hell and the Tower of Tears the entire time.

*Gloats-some-more*
(But you cheeaaated. You had someone do it for you~)
(But you cheeaaated. You had someone do it for you~)
(News from the top!)
Spoiler:
"There really is no cake.. Both ships have been explored with no cake to be found!
The. Cake. Is. A. Lie." Found on a scrap of paper caught on one of the boxes of tears.
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"
(News from the top!)
Spoiler:
"There really is no cake.. Both ships have been explored with no cake to be found!
The. Cake. Is. A. Lie." Found on a scrap of paper caught on one of the boxes of tears.
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"
Entry 3:

After many falls I found myself at the top. There I felt a... Sense of belonging, it was right that I should be here gazing over the world. The view was breathtaking up this high, almost literally! I have come to the final conclusion that Kretol walked over the line between Genius and Mad. What may have started as insanity became art, the way the tower was set up complex to the point that it promoted problem solving.

Dear readers, if ever you are in Shatterspear Village I highly suggest you attempt the climb. It is well worth it.
Entry 3:

After many falls I found myself at the top. There I felt a... Sense of belonging, it was right that I should be here gazing over the world. The view was breathtaking up this high, almost literally! I have come to the final conclusion that Kretol walked over the line between Genius and Mad. What may have started as insanity became art, the way the tower was set up complex to the point that it promoted problem solving.

Dear readers, if ever you are in Shatterspear Village I highly suggest you attempt the climb. It is well worth it.
I love the Tower of Tears. I have always loved it -- it's a challenging sort of fun, and a level of problem-solving you simply don't find in WoW in most other cases.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
I love the Tower of Tears. I have always loved it -- it's a challenging sort of fun, and a level of problem-solving you simply don't find in WoW in most other cases.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
What IS the Tower of Tears? Or, better yet, where?
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What the hell? Madge 9 1,258 06-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Cressy
  Theik's Guide to the Stairs of Boredom! Theik 5 1,040 03-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Theik