The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Me as I see me.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello, my name is Ryan and I have been a fan of roleplaying since I first discovered it in 1999. This was when I discovered the game Asheron's Call and got myself involved with a (non-strict) roleplay allegiance on the Morthingthaw server. Since then I have tried out many different forms of roleplay from theater to LARPing to tabletop, but online gaming roleplay is still one of my favorites.
As a player, I tend to be the speaker of the party as long as I understand the layout of the story and what is at stake. As a DM, I tend to be as immersive as I can be without drowning my players in details and robbing from the pace of the story. I love mind games in roleplay rather than just a series of kick-in-the-door encounters.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and raised in the United States and I primarily speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally got into Warcraft with the release of the original, which I played on my parents' IBM 386 computer. Since then I played through Warcraft 2 and parts of the expansion. I never really got into Warcraft 3 because at the time I was too busy playing Asheron's Call. I got back into the Warcraft world with the release of World of Warcraft, which I played until two months into Cataclysm before the guild I was part of drifted apart and my friends stopped playing.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was informed of CotH by my friend and roommate Sean. We have been taking turns DMing and playing characters in D&D 3.5e campaigns for several years now and this looks like the perfect opportunity for both of us to be able to play at the same time.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy nearly every type of roleplay in moderate doses with one exception: Altercations leading to PvP combat. I have never enjoyed one character killing another when other (less detrimental to the player who spent a lot of time and effort building that character) courses of action are perfectly acceptable. I enjoy telling stories around campfires, I enjoy the occasional barroom boasting-brawl, and I especially enjoy regional politics and story tangents that add depth to a world.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
There has always been a special place in my heart for the Dwarves of Ironforge. I enjoy their fierce sense of pride (both in their craft and their heritage) , their efficiency and style of building, and their gruff and stoic natures.
As far as classes go, I started off in vanilla WoW playing a priest and found myself drawn back to that class with the release of Lich King. In other roleplay settings I lean toward battle-cleric, but in WoW I enjoy the cloth wearing priest more than the plate-donning paladin.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have two main expectations aside from just expecting a great roleplay experience. The first is the maturity level of the other players. I enjoy that you have an initial screening process that weeds out more immature players, or as I like to call them "the /spit undead rogues." Secondly, I expect the attention to lore detail and overall depth of lore to be beyond anything I have seen yet in roleplay servers on retail WoW. These two things combined will add up to one of the most enjoyable roleplay experiences the online community has to offer.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one that actually made me smile (not an exaggeration) when I read it was the necessary proficiency with the English language and keyboarding skills. I cannot begin to explain how much of a suspension of disbelief breaker it is when someone types in ridiculous abbreviations or even worse... l33t sp34k.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Delnar Stonebeard had been tracking the kidnappers of his friend Sha the Whispergnome for most of the day by the time he came upon the small town of Coveway Junction. His two twin brothers Delar and Denar were close on his heels and the sight of the town put a glimmer of hope in the eyes of the dwarves. Since they had not had a chance to eat that day, and it seemed like the most lively spot in town, the trio immediately set their sights on The Inn of the Weary Traveler. As they entered, the general ruckus of the room dies down as many this far north in the Human Kingdom had never seen a Dwarf before, let alone three in full battle gear. Delar, Delnar, and Denar ignore the people's sense of awe and seat themselves around one of the lower tables by the fire.
From across the bar, veiled in the thick smoke from the pipes of the patrons a gruff voice bellows out, "As I live and breathe, the cursed Stonebeards come crawling out of their stinking holes to rescue their pathetic little friend?" The man picks up his greathammer, hefts it onto his shoulder and walks confidently towards the brothers as four of his henchmen fall into step beside him. "Why don't you come with me for a little walk outside so we can discuss things more privately?"
"What 'ave we got to discuss with you that can't be done right here?" Delnar sneers back at him.
"Your deaths." The man replies in a lower tone.
Delar swings out of his chair, grabs his Waraxe, and yells, "What did you just say?" In one fluid motion, he springs forward, raises his axe and splits the man into two neat pieces from stem to sternum. Before the henchman can react, Delar has two pinned beneath his broad feet, Delnar has one splayed out and under his knife, and Denar has the last immobilized in a magic field. Denar calmly walks around the immobilized man, careful to tread on his prone comrades, and says, "Now then, tell me everything you know about your departed friend here and what he planned to do with our friend Sha."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If you are interested in reading an (incomplete) forum roleplay based in the landscape of Dereth from Asheron's Call, but with my own unique story line, please visit bryanton.forumotion.com and read the thread entitled "A fork in the road." Please note that since that roleplay was abandoned due to inactivity from the players, it has been populated mostly by ad spamming bot accounts, so please ignore anything that is obviously advertisement.
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Quarok!

Thanks for sharing the story with us! As for dwarven roleplay, you can find some led by our GM Jonoth formed in a guild called The Regiment!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!
Hello and welcome to COTH!

I would first inquire as to if your friend happens to be Seaniepop, one of more recent members to the server? Secondly, I''m happy to inform you that there should plenty of RP available at present for your particular tastes, especially in the regards to social/political intrigue. You may wish to shoot @Cartoonkarl a line concerning that bit. I myself happen to be a proponent of cross-faction PvP so, while I might have little in the way of RP for you specifically, I can generally assist in aiming you to those who do. I believe you will find our community to be one in which it is both easy and fun to integrate and learn, both about your characters and your own abilities. I myself experienced my first Warcraft RP through CoTH and have remained ever since. Additionally, thank you for spinning us a tale.

Have fun!
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
As a matter of fact Nikodemos, you are correct. Seaniepop is my roommate. He is one of the most dedicated roleplayers I have ever had the pleasure of gaming with, and I'm sure you will not be disappointed.
I heard my name called- OH POLITICS? DID I HEAR POLITICS?
[Image: dean2s.png]