The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Medicine and You: WoW Doctoring 101
Howdy, all.

The role of a doctor in World of Warcraft's hellish, war-torn society is a busy and thankless job. There are limbs to amputate, gashes to sew, bones to set, and, of course, lives to save. The only problem is, very few of we doctors actually have any real-world experience with any of this! I'm guilty of it, and I'm sure several of my esteemed colleagues, Horde and Alliance, are guilty of it too.

Hold on, folks! Help is on the way! I recently read a deeply intriguing article written to explain the factual medical procedures seen in Patrick O'Brian's fantastic Napoleonic-era seafaring series, "Master and Commander," and it's contents amazed me -- and turned my stomache!

You can find the PDF version of the document by clicking here.

I spent a good portion of last night scanning the article in and putting it through some OCR software, then spell-checking it and correcting the invariable OCR oddities. I think I caught most of them, but one can never be sure. Regardless, I submit it to my medical colleagues and the interested public: let's have some great RP!

EDIT: Bwahaha spelling.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
Now this is pretty darn cool! Thanks a bunch!

For easiness it should be moved to the Articles and Guides!
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Nostra Wrote:For easiness it should be moved to the Articles and Guides!

Alas and alack, I don't think I have the power to post it there. If anyone can, however, I wholeheartedly invite them to!
Good on your word, as always. Thanks!
Have some MIND CONTROL JERKY! (Care of Drukag)
[Image: 3YOM.gif]
Moved to Articles and Guides. See, I am still occasionally useful!
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
A thousand thanks.
Skimming over a copy of Gray's Anatomy explains alot of human medicine, I use it to determine how severe a wound will be depending on it's location. Bone strength, human weakpoints (such as the upper back of the neck, under the ribs, ect.) and general blood loss speed.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Found this website (see bellow) which doesn't really give us a lot about treating injuries, but rather tells about how it actually looks, what happens and such, heh easier to just read for yourself! It isn't an extensive guide, but rather a quick resource for roleplayers and writers alike.

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~leiafe ... juries.htm
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!