The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

MoP Ending Cinematic
Horde cinematic isn't working for me. Bah. The skype channels I'm in already know how disappointed I am with the Alliance cinematic. Varian is going to need a new leader for his fanclub if Coth ever goes 5.4, because Matthew is going to resign.
Alliance? Good grief. If we ever go MoP I'm going to be personally ashamed.
Spoiler:
THERE IS NO POINT TO BE ALIVE, IF YOU CAN'T DO DEADLIFT.
[Image: jon_pall_sigmarsson_b35428d97635b2e7c405...2df3c3.gif]

Spoiler:
[Image: SQ0XvlU.gif]
Alright, had some time to let all of this process and see the Horde version as well.

I'm going to hold myself back from a long-winded rant, and just lay out my problems with this ending. I've ranted enough on the sloppy writing in WoW in other threads, so this is mostly just adding on to those issues.

1. Again, orcs are useless unless led by a non-orc or a human-raised orc. Bad enough that the most iconic Horde race was dragged through the mud for two full expansions, but now the Horde won't even be led by one. That's not infuriating on its own (despite the fact that the Horde is no longer being led by the race that made it) but becomes so when the orcs don't even get to end their leadership on a high note. Oh, and Thrall is back as orc racial leader. Yay?

2. Yo, panda-man, stop being so self-centered. Yeah, Pandaria got wrecked, but saying that you were the race that got hurt the most by Garrosh is...actually kinda laughable.

3. No joke, when the news first came out that Garrosh would be raid leader, I told people that the worst possible thing Blizzard could do with him is cop out and let him live. ...then this happens. You made him a cartoon villain, and now you're not going to put him to rest? He's not a good character, so just let him die.

4. Jaina is acting like Grima Wormtongue over there. WTF?

So yeah, I'll just repeat what I said in that other thread...Blizzard is making the best case for custom lore that I've ever seen. Honestly, these cinematics are kind of the last straw for me, because these last two expansions have now completely killed any desire I have to RP in the Warcraft setting.

Killed. It. Dead.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
(09-11-2013, 08:40 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: 2. Yo, panda-man, stop being so self-centered. Yeah, Pandaria got wrecked, but saying that you were the race that got hurt the most by Garrosh is...actually kinda laughable.

Southshore, Gilneas, Ashenvale, Theramore, and more are nothing compared to the Vale, Grakor!
Well. Garrosh. Did sorta... bring about remenants of an old god into being on Pandaria along with the rest of the Alliance and Horde...

...Yeah. Why are Pandaran allying with either faction again? Give us the fish people and the dookers, that makes more sense.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Why would Varian be so rude and make a hole in the floor like that
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
...Jaina? The hell?

That isn't Jaina. That is a freaking abomination. Thank you very much, Blizzard. Clap. Clap. Clap.
Active Characters:
Velennia - Anchorite. Has a strange liking for tea.
Vynthia Blackfire - Magistrix. Craves sightseeing.
Vanessa Briarthorn - Seemingly timid housewife. Enjoys painting.

(09-11-2013, 08:40 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: So yeah, I'll just repeat what I said in that other thread...Blizzard is making the best case for custom lore that I've ever seen.

We'll soon probably need a cereal discussion on this.

Pretty sure this is Blizzard right now:

[Image: no-nose-picard.gif]
I KNEW IT WAS GONNA BE VOL'JIN!

Sorry caps, just excited.
I don't care how many people hate me for this, I liked this turnout. *flails with happy Vol'jin feels*
I posted before saying that I actually liked this cinematic, but I guess I may as well help with complaining and saying what I didn't like. I'm sure I can actually just find quotes of things posted before. Hrm...let's see.

Maulbane Wrote:Apparently one of the Trials of the High King is impenetrable smugness, too.
This. And also, I really hate how Varian was played out in both of these to be such a big badass. "We will end you."
Yes, yes. You're standing in the center of a Horde city that just went through a devastating change as far as leaders go, and you want to walk up and say "Mess up, and we'll end you." That's worse than a snot-nosed little boy, in my opinion.

Grakor465 Wrote:2. Yo, panda-man, stop being so self-centered. Yeah, Pandaria got wrecked, but saying that you were the race that got hurt the most by Garrosh is...actually kinda laughable.
Self-righteous much? Again, with standing in the center of a Horde city that just went through devastating circumstances.. apparently you didn't factor in Garrosh's role in the Horde before he was warchief, you only care about the fact that he stabbed that ninja-master-panda on the bridge. Good going, panda.
*Edit -- Oh yeah, kind of forgot about the whole evil-old god explosion thingy that completely destroyed their lands and corrupted the serene environment that was the Vale.
Still no reason to make it all about you in a situation like this.

Grakor465 Wrote:4. Jaina is acting like Grima Wormtongue over there. WTF?
I'm not even sure I can say enough about this one. In every game, Jaina is always seen as at least friendly. Not to mention her thing with Thrall in the past. Now Thrall shows up, and suddenly she's sour, wanting to get rid of the horde entirely....while looking like a ghetto 17-year-old girl. No thanks, Blizzard. I liked it better when all she said was "All I ever wanted was to study." when you click on her.

Other things.....hmm.

Well, going off one of Grakor's points (again), it is a little disappointing that when Thrall told Vol'jin he should be warchief, nobody was like "Hey, wait, that isn't an orc. He's kind of blue, like a troll, y'know? How could he be the warchief?"
Now, okay, I'm not discriminating on trolls. I'm not saying trolls can't be warchiefs. I'm not saying trolls can't be leaders. They can be all of these things, but the warchief (of Orgrimmar, at least as far as this discussion goes), has basically always been an orc. That's tradition, the way things are, and the way things are meant to be. Vol'jin needs to go help with some trolly stuff and become the warlord of that city, and we need an orc.

I think the Alliance cinematic would have made MUCH MORE SENSE if Varian had actually intended to dismantle the horde from the beginning, and Jaina stopped him with the logic that he possessed in this cinematic. I'm not saying he's not smart or logical enough to know when not to start a battle, but come ON. What has mostly all of World of Warcraft been about? Warcraft. You know what that Warcraft was? Alliance and horde. Simple. That's been...how many expansions, how many years? All the sudden, the primary leader of the alliance doesn't jump IN THE SLIGHTEST to decimate the horde when he finally can? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Instead, Jaina and Varian seem to have switched places for these two, and that irks me.

Anyways, I think that's all I've got, and I'll be sure to add to the list if I think of anything else.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
(09-11-2013, 08:40 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: Alright, had some time to let all of this process and see the Horde version as well.

I'm going to hold myself back from a long-winded rant, and just lay out my problems with this ending. I've ranted enough on the sloppy writing in WoW in other threads, so this is mostly just adding on to those issues.

1. Again, orcs are useless unless led by a non-orc or a human-raised orc. Bad enough that the most iconic Horde race was dragged through the mud for two full expansions, but now the Horde won't even be led by one. That's not infuriating on its own (despite the fact that the Horde is no longer being led by the race that made it) but becomes so when the orcs don't even get to end their leadership on a high note. Oh, and Thrall is back as orc racial leader. Yay?

2. Yo, panda-man, stop being so self-centered. Yeah, Pandaria got wrecked, but saying that you were the race that got hurt the most by Garrosh is...actually kinda laughable.

3. No joke, when the news first came out that Garrosh would be raid leader, I told people that the worst possible thing Blizzard could do with him is cop out and let him live. ...then this happens. You made him a cartoon villain, and now you're not going to put him to rest? He's not a good character, so just let him die.

4. Jaina is acting like Grima Wormtongue over there. WTF?

So yeah, I'll just repeat what I said in that other thread...Blizzard is making the best case for custom lore that I've ever seen. Honestly, these cinematics are kind of the last straw for me, because these last two expansions have now completely killed any desire I have to RP in the Warcraft setting.

Killed. It. Dead.

I agree with this - especially about the custom lore, but that's just me. One thing I disagree about is about the Pandarens being self-centered. I think we're viewing the lore from how we want to contextualise it. As in, "but, they did X because..." when, really, it's basically canon by patch 5.4 that they do things because they're good or because they're evil.

As far as getting screwed up goes, I'd say the Pandaren have way more a right to be pissed than anyone else - two groups of rude dudes rock up on their island and basically break everything, ravaging the place for resources and bending the knees of the Panders to 'join us, it'd be a shame if the other side set fire to your home and you didn't have the defense of the mighty Alliance/Horde by your side'.

Then, after all that, Garrosh goes full cartoon and throws an ancient Old God heart into their most sacred place and (from what I know, anyway) permanently corrupts the site where their final emperor sacrificed himself to save their entire civilisation. If Garrosh dumped the Old God heart in the Well of Eternity under Nordrassil, or into the water tanks outside the Stormwind Orphanage for example, I'd consider it differently.

The Forsaken shenanigans in Gilneas don't really count in my mind, because 1) Genn Greymane's a total stinky dork and deserves to have his wall knocked down 1) The Forsaken really just kind of do what the Forsaken do. In the single instance where Garrosh recognised their existence he snorted derisively, called Sylvanas a b***h and portaled back to Orgrimmar. It can be assumed they weren't really on the same page strategically.

The only thing Garrosh is really directly culpable for is the blowing up of Theramore, which, while pretty darn mean, seems like the kind of thing that occurs when you cease being neutral and support the naval invasion of Kalimdor. It was senseless killing, yes, but it was a military target, as opposed to Pandaria which has just kind of been the subject of weird WoW-colonialism (where they convince the Pandarens they're somehow not actually basically conscripted soldiers for foreign nations to fight far-away wars for them while siphoning all their stuff, presumably).

Keep in mind my knowledge of MoP and Cataclysm lore is still patchy since I got back, so I've probably said some seriously erroneous things. But I feel that one's got to address a legion of ethical debates before touching the fact that Worgen/Trolls/Orcs/Night Elves had it worse than the fluffy panda people.

EDIT: I just realised this sounds like I'm trying to defend Garrosh. He's been hideously written since his first paradigm shift around Wrath of the Lich King and has only got worse, but I think the bad he's done to non-Pandarens doesn't outweigh the bad he's done to Pandarens. Both have many examples, however.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I have more comments for Jaina but... It'd be inappropriate.
TROLL MASTER RACE!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
After letting all this process, I guess I can state my thoughts without capslock. These cinematic are honestly exactly how MoP could end. It's the only ending that could have come from the whole expantion where so many characters who are at best mediocre are just ruined horribly.

Jaina, I liked jaina. Not because she was a goody two shoes of the alliance but because she was a good character in Warcraft 3. Wotlk until Mop, she was just dragged though the mud in terms of character development. Turning from Gandhi to Hitler LITERALLY over night. She even has concentration camps.

And don't even get me started on the 180 that king Varian just pulled. I understand his character now, what is truely at the core of his character is that he just hates Jaina and no matter what she tells him to do he just goes in the other direction. I guess jaina going evil is the best thing that could happen for the horde now the great king has a soft spot for not being a dumb ass.

And the poor horde. My God the poor horde. We been stuck with Garrosh past two expansions. Presented like the faction that burns hospitals while using live babies for kindling. And in the end the leaders punk out in killing Garrosh to give him some kind of trial. Come on, really? Welcome to Saturday morning cartoons. Next week Garrosh escapes and runs into the night laughing evilly. Or worse, he redeems himself.

I think I am officially done with Blizzard.

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]