The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

More Answers! And Info on Heroes, Too!
This one's fairly short, but it will answer some very common questions.

First, the server rates. They will not be changing. That was easy! Moving on!

Next, the timeline. The decision has been made that we will be "falling back" to the existing, official timeline. That is not to say that we will not have our own lore! Customized areas may end up being re-customized, and certainly new ones will spring up.

And now, the Hero FAQ:

What exactly does the Hero rank mean?

Let's break this down into a few simpler questions.

How are Heroes chosen?

Heroes are players that we consider to be a major asset to the server. In character, it means they handle their characters in a realistic way, and dance joyfully on Mary Sue's grave. It means they are capable of putting others before themselves to enhance an RP experience. It means they have affected the flavor and plot of the server in a way that extends beyond a small circle of friends and touches the whole server. Out of character, it means that they are an example to others in their behavior, treatment of others, and attention to writing details. It means they try to make new players feel included, and keep them on the straight and narrow. It means that they handle adverse situations with dignity and maturity. This is our way of saying THANK YOU.

What will Heroes do for the server?

Their advice and input will be asked on a LOT of things as the server develops and changes, including world events, location development, server plot and any other crazy ideas that they may offer up.

What do Heroes get out of the deal?

Lots of things, actually. We feel we can trust them with advanced characters, like guards, high-ranking officials, and special titles. They will still need to apply for these with profiles, but they will be in the Special section of the Profiles forum. There is still a reasonable limit to how powerful of a character they can play. There are other possible in character perks being discussed as well!

Does this mean Heroes get special treatment?

The Hero status is, to sound like Everyone's Mother, a privilege and not a right. If we feel that they are making choices that make them no longer Hero material, they will not receive a warning before they are demoted.

How do I become a Hero?

The qualities we look for in a Hero are listed in the first answer. That said, this rank is intended to be a SMALL portion of the server population. It takes a long time to establish yourself in any group, and while we may earmark more players eventually for Hero rank, we will spend quite a bit of time observing them before we offer them the rank. You CANNOT apply to be a Hero. GMs will approach you if they feel you are Hero material and offer the title, which you are free to decline or accept for any reason. If you harass any GMs for the Hero title, you will be demoted one level, and will have to re-earn your previous rank.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Not to sound like a meanie, but did they have to end up a blinding orange?
Other than that, I'd just like to know if this does mean that all our server history now no-longer exists? Or will it be the same times, but our stuff just happened before now?
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
Nope, it is a clean slate. So to say, everything we've done so far, does not affect future storylines. If you have plans of using previous characters, they will have to be bent to fit with the new timeline. Hence, why we cleared the Wiki.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Aww dang. That means I have to get rid of all my hard-earned IC writings!

Edit: Or not, they're universal. Muhhaa!
Orange was my suggestion. Had Nostra gotten his way, they would have been pink.

You're welcome.

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
But im stunning in purple! ^^;
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
You couldn't take the title seriously with it in pink. LOL

And so we can keep on topic here, will there be anything changed with the whole token things?

For example, I was thinking that aswell as tokens giving you the ability get items, they could also do additional things like giving a player 5 or 10 talent points.

Just my $0.02.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Nope. The silver token system is working just fine, and so is the amount of talent points.

~Kurt Vonnegut
Will past punishments prevent someone from attaining a Hero rank? Like if someone's had a previous suspension or somesuch?
When we chose the Hero's, we took many things into account. They are people who are somewhat model representatives of our server, and something such as a suspension would hinder our descision to make them a hero at the time.

However, if the person does follow through, and does what we'd expect them to do with the suspension (Taking it with a grain of salt, and start following the rules), and they keep on impressing us for time to come, nothing is to say they couldn't eventually become a Hero.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Turquoise Heroes? Come on people!
Could we have a less blinding colour? Don't care for the colour, just a little less intense please!
If it's gonna be anything, have it either Orank or Grurquoise
There were... words had about the bright orange. *sniffle*

~Kurt Vonnegut
They didn't wanna get the "Hey Mr. GM!" Stuff. Heh.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

They? Who? Huh?

The flash of turquoise nearly spooked me out of my chair.

Ahaha, this is a nice joke.

...Now...turn us back...

*Eye twitch*

Edit - Oh Nevermind. I saw what you did thar. *Removes eye twitch*
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
Qaza Wrote:There were... words had about the bright orange. *sniffle*

I personally liked the orange, if it makes you feel better!
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changes to Heroes and Grunts Grakor456 95 17,481 09-24-2009, 03:11 AM
Last Post: flavafat
  Congrats to Our Heroes! Qaza 1 1,127 11-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Last Post: IronTrooper
  Running Patch 2.4.3 - Info Kretol 28 3,941 07-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Last Post: krallna666