The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

More people?
I had a small thought about the server having more people; a lot more people. Enough players to make small adventuring groups and easier factions, since if WoW were real, there would be many, many, MANY different groups. I think it would be great to have more people.

However, with more people, comes more chaos, drama, and work for the GM's. Anyone agree with having a ton more of people or is the server's population good as it is?
"To be early is to be on time; to be on time is to be late, and to be late is to be dead."
It is a sweet and sour kind of good...
On one hand: We dont have that many people, Especially on the Alliance side.
On the other hand: More people would cause more chaos like you said...

So I dont really care... Except i'm leaning towards keeping it the same.
Looks like you need some Majyk.

Characters
Spoiler:
Ordin
Bregar Cimitero
Luscia Cimitero
Freya Grey
Blaudia Nihil
Roderick Giordano
Majyk
Apostasy
Azibo
Maxwell Pennington
Vyriel
Derin Taylor
Yeva Everbloom
Evissa
Vivi
It's been mentioned before about getting more people in, usually by means which essentially meant overexposure - this server is flying under the radar by necessity, and too many people knowing about it does run the risk of it being shut down. For a while there we had a glut of applications but, to be kind, they weren't the best. Kretol has mentioned in the past he doesn't expect - or want - a server with a lot of people on it. The way the lore for the server is set up, having a smaller amount of players is actually preferable.

With more people comes the inevitable job of being infinitely more work and needing more Gms, and making it more a job than it already is (and it IS a job for them). So no, I think we're doing fine as is, at least one new person coming in per day.

If I wanted more people, I'd play live.
Live your own life; you die your own death
I agree with Maeven on this one. I like the almost-peaceful nature of the server right now. I can't imagine it with loads of people talking all at once in LFG and complaining the whole time.
I understand the draw of having a lot of RPers, but the trick is that what we really want is a lot of quality, experienced, and polite RPers, like what we have now. What we would likely get is... well, the unwashed masses.

*slinks away before she can make herself sound any more elitist*
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Quote:Qaza wrote:*slinks away before she can make herself sound any more elitist*

Here, let me, since technically I'm just a forum lurker:
When Kret and the gang were pushing CotH to try and get more people, it drew a bunch of really, really terribad RPers and just generally annoying people. It was decided, during the server restart, that this was A Bad Thing, and many of the new rules and regulations were put in place to discourage such a population spike from happening again.

TLDR version: there were like a dozen Death Knights within a week of each other. Or something like that.
We, in fact, removed ourselves from most "lists" by removing the voting links in order to lower the amount of people coming in. For the most part, we want the server to spread through word of mouth.

Having hordes of bad RPers, people with bad attitudes, and the like was just too much of a headache. We were getting children instead of RPers. We're GMs, not babysitters.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
True, true Grakor. Do you guys even get paid for GMing?
No, we do not.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Quote:IsaacVeneranda wrote:
True, true Grakor. Do you guys even get paid for GMing?

All of us are volunteers, and we don't get a penny. Kretol runs the server with his own machine and electricity.

Coincidently, this is why I don't feel guilty at all taking a break when I want and smacking ungrateful players.

Kretol accepts donations, I believe. That's mostly to cover his own expenses in running the server. The rest of us never see any money from that (if, indeed, he's actually getting much, if anything, from it. Somehow, I doubt what little he gets actually covers it.)
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Newp, no donations yet.
I donate a whole crate of Krispy Kremes! :D

~Felseed~
"Yeah, I spanked that monkey - he tried to grab my manana."
I tryed to donate to Kretol, but sadly my Paypal is froze. -.-
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Is there a link for donation somewhere I'm not seeing? Ironically the exchange rate works in my favour and a few pounds tends to go a fair ways when it gets transferred to dollars.
Live your own life; you die your own death
Yesh. The link is in the menu to the left.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black people in Azeroth PhilGobatto 8 2,923 05-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  PLEASE PRESTIGE PEOPLE! Drumgar 2 833 10-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Nexi
  Wooohoo! Yay! People who don't care gather round! Jetniss 9 1,476 03-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Saintraven
  People should get out of their cities more often! Mike 13 2,029 11-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  Welcoming people Azheron 7 1,494 11-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Dilly