The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Mr. Nice Guy
Rant time CoTH. And it's not gonna be a pretty one.

As much as I don't wanna chase people off, I'm finding it hard to put this into words. I've been trying to find tactful ways to approach people, and for a majority of you, I will admit, you've been doing better.

But this is to the handful of new people coming in, that think it's funny to -ignore- the rules and berate GMs or players trying to get people to follow them.

If you don't like the way we operate, and you feel the need to spew this in a deragatory or inflammatory manner, -leave-. It's not gonna be put up with, and limits your time here anyhow.

CoTH expects high quality. Out of it's players, and it's GMs. This means that we actually -enforce- our rules, and in doing so, we improve the quality here. Yes, you can tell us if you dislike something. No, you can not call us Nazis or compare us to communists.

Respect is our first rule. Here, on CoTH, it's automatically given, none of this "you have to earn my respect" bullshit. If you can't follow this rule at all, don't let the door hit you on the ass when you leave.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rant time CoTH. And it's not gonna be a pretty one.

As much as I don't wanna chase people off, I'm finding it hard to put this into words. I've been trying to find tactful ways to approach people, and for a majority of you, I will admit, you've been doing better.

But this is to the handful of new people coming in, that think it's funny to -ignore- the rules and berate GMs or players trying to get people to follow them.

If you don't like the way we operate, and you feel the need to spew this in a deragatory or inflammatory manner, -leave-. It's not gonna be put up with, and limits your time here anyhow.

CoTH expects high quality. Out of it's players, and it's GMs. This means that we actually -enforce- our rules, and in doing so, we improve the quality here. Yes, you can tell us if you dislike something. No, you can not call us Nazis or compare us to communists.

Respect is our first rule. Here, on CoTH, it's automatically given, none of this "you have to earn my respect" bullshit. If you can't follow this rule at all, don't let the door hit you on the ass when you leave.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Dear the player-base,

I am going to be quite frank with you all, something I always have been and always will be with you guys. As of lately, we have had an onslaught of new players who, in my opinion, have obviously not read the rules. Well, I feel that many of you are taking advantage of this. Many players who have been hear for quite a few months, some who have been here almost a year.

Now, what do I mean by taking advantage of? Well, we just obtain quite a few new GMs over the past month or so, and we still are getting in the vibe of things. We still are your friends, but now we are put into a new role in order to create a safe AND fun environment for the community. Sometimes that does mean we are going to stop being as friendly as we have been, that maybe we won't let you say profanities in the channel anymore, maybe we won't let you talk about sex in Warsong Gulch, or talk about how you work the corner in Barrens. Yes, I know you all like to have your fun, but is this fun to say a young teenager who just joins the server? We, as a collective whole, need to stop thinking about me-me-me, and need to start thinking about WE. Yes, we.

Sigh, I want to make sure you all know this as well. When we kick/suspend/ban people, it isn't over one incident(UNLESS IT IS REALLY BAD). There have to be several things occurring during the time they have been here in order for this to happen. You may not see -everything- that goes on, so don't be so quick to judge us.

If this means you all hate me, then so be it. I am trying to keep a nice place for people of all ages to play.II would prefer if you guys liked me, but sometimes that doesn't happen. I know this, it makes me sad that many of you guys dislike me because I enforce the rules. I mean, I have feelings guys. I don't want to make you guys mad...Things happen though.

So remember!
1) Respect everyone.
2) Keep your language clean (OOCly).
3) Use grammar/punctuation/spelling!
4) Know when to Quit.
5) Don't fuel the fire.

<333

-I wouldn't try so hard to make this server good, if I didn't like you guys...
Cressy
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Dear the player-base,

I am going to be quite frank with you all, something I always have been and always will be with you guys. As of lately, we have had an onslaught of new players who, in my opinion, have obviously not read the rules. Well, I feel that many of you are taking advantage of this. Many players who have been hear for quite a few months, some who have been here almost a year.

Now, what do I mean by taking advantage of? Well, we just obtain quite a few new GMs over the past month or so, and we still are getting in the vibe of things. We still are your friends, but now we are put into a new role in order to create a safe AND fun environment for the community. Sometimes that does mean we are going to stop being as friendly as we have been, that maybe we won't let you say profanities in the channel anymore, maybe we won't let you talk about sex in Warsong Gulch, or talk about how you work the corner in Barrens. Yes, I know you all like to have your fun, but is this fun to say a young teenager who just joins the server? We, as a collective whole, need to stop thinking about me-me-me, and need to start thinking about WE. Yes, we.

Sigh, I want to make sure you all know this as well. When we kick/suspend/ban people, it isn't over one incident(UNLESS IT IS REALLY BAD). There have to be several things occurring during the time they have been here in order for this to happen. You may not see -everything- that goes on, so don't be so quick to judge us.

If this means you all hate me, then so be it. I am trying to keep a nice place for people of all ages to play.II would prefer if you guys liked me, but sometimes that doesn't happen. I know this, it makes me sad that many of you guys dislike me because I enforce the rules. I mean, I have feelings guys. I don't want to make you guys mad...Things happen though.

So remember!
1) Respect everyone.
2) Keep your language clean (OOCly).
3) Use grammar/punctuation/spelling!
4) Know when to Quit.
5) Don't fuel the fire.

<333

-I wouldn't try so hard to make this server good, if I didn't like you guys...
Cressy
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I'm gonna say it again here. This garbage where people are lacking respect has got to stop.

If someone asks you to stop doing stuff, -stop-. It's -courtious-, and -respectful-. If you don't, and you argue, you will get in trouble. If you complain, then go someplace else. I hate being so darn blunt about this, but I've been seeing a lot of this disrespect -crap-.

It's not witty, it's not funny, and it certainly isn't standing with us. So -stop-.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'm gonna say it again here. This garbage where people are lacking respect has got to stop.

If someone asks you to stop doing stuff, -stop-. It's -courtious-, and -respectful-. If you don't, and you argue, you will get in trouble. If you complain, then go someplace else. I hate being so darn blunt about this, but I've been seeing a lot of this disrespect -crap-.

It's not witty, it's not funny, and it certainly isn't standing with us. So -stop-.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'm glad this post was made. The amount of arguing some of the player base is making when it shouldn't have occurred if they READ THE RULES is just ridiculous.

And, I'd like to take a moment to say... if someone gets booted for cursing... why the hell are people doing it STRAIGHT after, then throwing a hissy fit when THEY'RE kicked too? Sometimes I feel the message only sinks in when people are banned for x amount of time. It's just silly, and it can all be avoided so easily. D:

It shouldn't be like this. Help us to help you, guys. I'm not going to lie, everyone on vent knows that I ALWAYS swear, as to me, they're just like any other word in the dictionary, but I (aswell as the majority of the player base, which I <3 you for) know that there's a time and a place.

I would also like to say, when you get kicked, then you ask why and people tell you, DON'T ARGUE. It's just pointless, because it's nobody else's fault but your own. If you can't deal with it? Tough luck. If you're so bent on arguing, ask the GM who kicked you, or ask any other GM to discuss the rules. If you're still not satisfied, take it up to an administrator.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
I'm glad this post was made. The amount of arguing some of the player base is making when it shouldn't have occurred if they READ THE RULES is just ridiculous.

And, I'd like to take a moment to say... if someone gets booted for cursing... why the hell are people doing it STRAIGHT after, then throwing a hissy fit when THEY'RE kicked too? Sometimes I feel the message only sinks in when people are banned for x amount of time. It's just silly, and it can all be avoided so easily. D:

It shouldn't be like this. Help us to help you, guys. I'm not going to lie, everyone on vent knows that I ALWAYS swear, as to me, they're just like any other word in the dictionary, but I (aswell as the majority of the player base, which I <3 you for) know that there's a time and a place.

I would also like to say, when you get kicked, then you ask why and people tell you, DON'T ARGUE. It's just pointless, because it's nobody else's fault but your own. If you can't deal with it? Tough luck. If you're so bent on arguing, ask the GM who kicked you, or ask any other GM to discuss the rules. If you're still not satisfied, take it up to an administrator.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
And just to add to what they're saying about arguing and kicking and such.. If you see someone get kicked, DO NOT COMMENT. Your commentary is NOT needed. You aren't helping, you're making the situation a hundred times worse. There doesn't need to be discussion about someone getting kicked, and it does not need to be rubbed in their faces when they come back. If you do it, you're doing the same thing they may have been doing, breaking the first rule of the server: Respect. And swearing, after someone is booted for swearing? Come on. Really? If you cry about that, you need to step back and think for a minute, "What did I do wrong?"

Again, DO NOT comment, giggle, laugh, swear, question, or agree with a boot. And don't discuss it afterward. Obviously, said person was booted because whatever was happening was supposed to stop.. So why continue it? Don't. It only furthers the drama, and then you get in trouble because of it, then you get angry. Save yourself, and others the stress, and just.. drop whatever happens and move on. Thank you.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
And just to add to what they're saying about arguing and kicking and such.. If you see someone get kicked, DO NOT COMMENT. Your commentary is NOT needed. You aren't helping, you're making the situation a hundred times worse. There doesn't need to be discussion about someone getting kicked, and it does not need to be rubbed in their faces when they come back. If you do it, you're doing the same thing they may have been doing, breaking the first rule of the server: Respect. And swearing, after someone is booted for swearing? Come on. Really? If you cry about that, you need to step back and think for a minute, "What did I do wrong?"

Again, DO NOT comment, giggle, laugh, swear, question, or agree with a boot. And don't discuss it afterward. Obviously, said person was booted because whatever was happening was supposed to stop.. So why continue it? Don't. It only furthers the drama, and then you get in trouble because of it, then you get angry. Save yourself, and others the stress, and just.. drop whatever happens and move on. Thank you.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)