The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Mr Rage's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player, I tend to faff about, insofar as the whole raiding/dungeon/leveling scene. I make progress, and I'll try most any dungeon once, but if it's a choice between spending the afternoon wandering aimlessly to see new geography or spending it in a raid I've done five or six times before, I'll pick the wandering aimlessly every single time.

In terms of non-WoW experience, I'm an avid tabletop gamer, going on thirteen years, always on the lookout for new systems to play and examine, and try to read systems from the designer perspective as often as the player perspective.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
The United States and English. Not much to say there, lived here my entire life, haven't really picked up any other languages.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Waaay back, I used to play Warcraft II with pretty solid regularity, but I read the fluff in the manual more-so. Got into Warcraft III when that rolled around, and even dipped my toe into World of Warcraft years ago. Always liked Warcraft's particular aesthetic, cleaving close to fantasy without becoming Wayne Reynolds-y, if that makes sense to anyone in the audience.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Honestly? Google. I saw some other roleplay servers before coming here, but they tended to come off as extremely self-important, and...overzealous, in their application processes. Conquest of the Horde's seemed more reasonable without being an open gate.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Largely, the character-driven kind. I'm not averse to plot-driven roleplay, since it makes an excellent framework to give context and motive to characters, but ultimately the development and interaction between two or more characters is what I get most out of roleplay as a whole.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Class-wise, Warlock and Druid win out overall. Warlocks because I love pet classes to death, and the themes explored by the class' flavor appeal to me (ambition, failure, the price of your ego/progress, etc.). Druids I enjoy because I like modal generalists (that is, they can be A, B, or C, depending on what pants they're wearing right that second). The flavor side of things doesn't appeal so strongly, but I'm getting into it gradually. As for races, I don't err towards any in particular, but I'm not a large fan of gnomes and dwarves.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A roleplay environment that is present without being overbearing, and which maintains a certain level of self-awareness for the sake of the players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Faction NPC Death Rule/Guard Abuse Policy. Largely because, while guards flipping out and going after hostile players or those making a huge ruckus does a decent job of ending immediate shenanigans, extending those consequences beyond "now everyone has to wait for [NPC] to respawn" is nice.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The sounds of work extended out to the east, grunts and whacks as men propelled axes into trees, occasionally followed by a parade of cracks and splinters, climaxing into a thunderous crash as the tree fell. Truly the lifeblood of industry started here, deep in the woods, hardworking men and women taking from the earth with careful, metered precision.

Dallen wasn't much for hard work. Nestled between the roots of a monstrous tree, bigger from soil to canopy than even his hut back home near Hillhearth, with branches thicker than his arm covered in green leaves, Dallen pulled his hat down over his face, fingers laced over his chest. Plenty of shade, a cool breeze, what more could a young man want? Dark of hair, he'd allowed it to grow long as the summer wore on, perhaps in hopes of showing his meager moustache how it's to be done.

It wasn't until a new scent, a kind of tree that didn't belong in the temperate lands of man, tingled at his nose that Dallen sensed the voyeur. The sound of leather scraping against bark turned his attention upward, a thumb nudging his hat aside to reveal--"Bwah!" A pair of silvery eyes watched placidly as the lumberjack leapt to his feet, snatching his hatchet up on the roll and rounding to face his assailant.

Well, 'assailant' might be a harsh term. Gripping the tree between her thighs, the purple-skinned creature cocked her head, and burst into a laughing fit so strong she actually fell to the ground. Where Dallen wore simple, durable leather and cloth, the elf's clothing seemed almost entirely composed of leaves sewn together and reinforced with vines. Embarrassment flushed the man's face red. "Hey, s'cruel t'go spookin' people n' then laughin' at 'em, you know."

Ah, words got her attention again right quick, the barefooted woman drawing herself up to her full height--much taller than Dallen, to his dismay--and tried her hand at Common. "I am apology." The human didn't have to say anything, his wincing face told her plenty. "Er..."

"Y'say 'I apologize,' or 'I am sorry,' not both. Yer one o' those...night elves, right? Some'in' like that?" With the ice broken, Dallen took his chance to study her properly. She certainly lived up to her race's namesake, with skin that reminded him of the evening sky, and hair that may as well have been plucked from the midnight sky. Slender, almost...too slender, like she'd been stretched upward.

"Yes. I came to see humans."

"Uh..."

Before he could inquire further, a voice that scattered birds and sent bunnies into their burrows boomed out into the forest, ringing off trees. "DALLEN ALPHAAAARD!" Following hot on the heels of his own echo, the mountain of a man turned a corner, carrying an axe half-again as tall as Dallen and just as heavy. "I swear to the sky above if you're out here takin' another NAP--"

"Steelhilt! I, uh, I was jus'..." Gesturing in the vague direction of the tree, he found--nothing. The night elf had fled, before even sharing her name. "Uh...found a nice tree?"

Breathing carefully through his broad, once-broken nose, workboss Steelhilt bounced his axe in his hand, twirling it against his leather gloves. "So ya did, boy."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just that I'm eager to see how my involvement in this server plays out.
Hello there, MrRage! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Impressive introduction, and thank you for the story!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
... You're not from /tg/, are you?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(05-25-2013, 07:21 AM)Xigo Wrote: ... You're not from /tg/, are you?

...I might be.
You're safe. Xigo says you're a pretty cool fellow. :3