The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

My introduction thread...
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've loved the idea of RP since my early days playing Dungeons and Dragons as a kid, and games such as Call of Cthulhu and White Wolf's "Vampires" universe, later on in my teenage years. The amount of immersion roleplay allowed had me always wanting more.

When I started playing World of Warcraft in mid-Vanilla, I instantly chose an "RP-PvP" server... through which I met a lot of people whom I got along with, and others who I worked through conflicts with, overall was amazed by the vastness of the world. Throughout my years playing the game, I have enjoyed my time both playing PvE and PvP, but have always felt that the RP servers were underwhelming, to say the least, and left much to be desired. There was always something going on RP wise, and some decent communities.

However, even then, and more so as the game has progressed through the years, Blizzard has paid NO attention to the status of RP on the RP servers, and really made no attempts (that I was aware of) to try to keep RP players around by reinforcing RP rules, and overall helping to create that immersion... but I digress...

I have found myself immersed less and less in the world as Blizzard has changed the game. I see WHY they've made the changes, and see how things like "flying in Azeroth" were so sought after by players. However, adding those things (flying in Azeroth, dungeon finder, raid finder... talent tree changes, etc, etc) were like opening Pandora's box... at the end of the day, I chose to leave WoW both for reasons of boredom, a desire for a better RP community, and college not allowing me to pay for the game, or have enough time to feel that I am getting my "moneys worth".

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live in Canada, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My cousin was a big WoW fan. When I first saw him playing, I was mesmerized. I wanted to be part of that world. He let me create a character on his account which I would play on days that he was in town, paying no mind to the idea of "progression", but simply allowing myself to be lost in the game world for hours...

It wasn't long before I got my first laptop, and a copy of World of Warcraft from my dad for Christmas.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Having played on private servers before, I figured there would be at least one dedicated to roleplay. A quick search on Google brought me here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Any and all... from tavern roleplay, to fights, to slow crawls through dungeons...

I am not picky, as long as RP is griefer free.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Forsaken, Orcs, and Tauren have always held a special place in my heart lore-wise, and just the over all "vibes" of their cities, and characters.

Class wise, warlocks have always been immensely interesting with the idea that they're "playing with fire", utilizing dark, and demonic magics. Druids because of their connection with nature, and notion of "balance" (although I am SICK of the "Mr. Happy-Go-Luck, love everyone druid cookie-cutter crap...). And lastly, rogues, because of their sneaky, back-stabbing, pick-pockets-while-other's-fight, way of going about things...

What are your expectations of this server?:

A mature community, with a group of moderators, who both look to hold a set of standards for role play, and nurturing the immersion of the in-game world.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Respect, hands down. No matter what your CHARACTERS disagree upon, or feud over, it is SO crucial to a community for people to understand that it's another human being sitting behind their monitor.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I've been part of this god-forsaken slave caravan for 17 days now... life is wasted upon these degenerates that walk beside me... and I am SICK of all of the bullshit ramblings I hear from the guards... they wouldn't be so tough with their hands tied and a gag in their mouth.

However, I am certain that they fear me after what I did to that fool who spat in my face... the horde of vermin I spawned inside of his stomach, eating their way out... I could not help but allow a grin to splay it's way across my face as he busted open, the blood coating me...

It didn't take long after that occurance for them to recognize the power I wielded... the power of darkness, the power of death, the power of their greatest fears and nightmares... The power to bring them to their knees, cackling with the madness which I will of so very kindly bestowed upon them... the power which grows as the sun sets...

As the shroud of darkness surrounds us, I shall break these mortal bonds...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

If I understand correctly, the server is running with a different WoW patch than retail? I am running OS X, and wonder what the easiest way would be to put myself at the correct patch.
Hey there, Malavan, and welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Make sure to check our rules and policies if you haven't already, or again if you already have! If you need help with creating your first character, check out the Creating a Character section on our wiki and our articles and guides subforum. They're all super useful for getting a feel of our server's roleplay style and chock full of useful information.

Once you get in-game, make sure to /join chat (for general chat and talk) and /join barrens (for banter and fun). If you have any questions, send a message to one of our GMs or Forum Helpers.

We are indeed running on a different path - 4.3.4. Try taking a look at this guide for installing on a mac!

Again, welcome!
Zhaei
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is an Introduction Thread name Servile 1 9,469 02-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  Introduction Thread of Shandersey! Shandersey 4 2,854 11-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Shandersey
  Felitsa's Very Original Introduction Thread Felitsa 12 2,227 02-25-2014, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Felitsa
  The Real Introduction Thread Post Thread Flawless 1 810 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  A thread of introduction. odin047 1 768 06-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Reigen