The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Nara's introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I am a very spontaneous, random and love extraneous crazy ideas. I like to walk on the random side, while simultaneously being able to be serious, heartfelt and even inspiring if need be. I tend to have absolutely crazy, dumbfounding ideas. A persistent thought of mine while playing DnD campaigns with my friends, was to find, a means to an end, in order to raise up a character able to control a small horde of stat draining gelatinous cubes, as one example.

I can be highly loyal, endearing and a splendid lover. (Although I also understand this is a public server and can show the utmost modesty and respect for my fellow group mates and players on this server. There is a time and place for everything.)

to this day I've yet to RP my cube lord

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
To be honest? If you speak strictly of "world of warcraft" I've never really been as far decided to go much like.

That being said, if you encompass the more whole of "warcraft" I was brought into the world of the frozen throne, to play DotA all stars over my local house lan. I know little of the lore, characters, species, and lands.

I am a quick learner and the group that introduced me to this very forum are more willing, and more able to help me understand and gather the resources needed.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
The skype group, that refer to themselves as "The sanctum" brought me here. I'd like to see where it goes

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All kinds really I've been RPing on assorted servers, skype and other places for almost 8 years now!

I have skill, although to a lesser extent when it comes to fighting. As well dabbling in taverns, bars, and "social, general" rooms on some of the servers on IRC I visited over the years.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
As I've only stuck the tip of my finger into the realms of the free edition of WoW, before my friend that was supposed to level with me left. I couldn't honestly say.

However, from a DnD players perspective, although WoW and DnD differ in many, sometimes vast ways. A human fighter/warrior tends to be a more normal for me. Using hunks of beatified, refined steel to smash things and protect those around you has a albeit; simple refined charm.

I do tend to like my anthropomorphic characters, WoW (Pre cata, as I was informed for the time being) lacks these, at least for my purposes. It's no problem, humans are wry, quick to draw, and very fast learners.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I couldn't say. I suppose to be friendly, fun, and welcoming of someone fresh to this sort of thing. From a more technical standpoint, little to no lag, infrequent, preferably planned downtime. (all servers need maintenance now and again)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
your "Tantrum and grand exits"
It handles and covers all the basis, and is often overlooked by many communities

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Here is a rather whimsical tale of a man whom wished for the most gruesome and painful death he could ever think of. It was my job to "corrupt" his wish. He was still killed, but it was not painful, it was not slow. Instead, he was haunted, hunted even. By seemingly the most innocuous of assailants. The impeccable space cacti.

His death? "Orbital Cacti Bombardment"

The Orbital cacti bombardment starts seemingly innocent, you are walking down the street, before you hear a screech, a small explosion at a building you are standing next to, rather the backside you were at previously. Running to go see what happened, someone says that a meteorite must have made it to the earth and hit the building.

You brush it off as just something cool to tell the folks. You grab your bike and start riding home, taking a bike path to get there quicker, about 10 mins in you hear a loud high pitched "SCHREEEEEEE" Before a loud splattering explosion is heard directly behind you, not to mention a sharp pain in your back. Skidding to a stop you turn around to find a deformed, flaming mass on the trail directly behind you, where you were just moments ago. There is a shining remnants of something scatted about, you can't quite tell it almost looks like shrapnel. You remember the pain in your back and pull out a sharp, thin silvery steel like needle, it has a blueish hue to it, almost like an oil, strange it wasn't quite steel, harder even.

Taking it and tossing it into the grass, realizing you were not injured beyond a little unwanted acupuncture you ride the rest of the way home, uneventful to say the least. You eat dinner with the family, and go to sleep, ready for the weekend ahead. (Let's assume you live with the folks, k?)

You wake up, do your normal morning routine, and decide you want to go to a friends place. You nab the car, and head over there. Nothing to abnormal, when you get to your friends house he's got himself a nice new camera, that takes HD photos and HD video. It's fairly cheap but damn good quality for the price. Being the goofballs you two are, you start filming random shit, like the squirrels in the tree right outside his front door. To get a better shot you get outside and circle to the other side of the tree, farthest from the house. You move into the frame, standing in front of the tree, before moving away , standing next to your friend and watching him film two squirrels fighting , at a right angle, on the trunk of this large oak tree.

That same horrifying "SCHREEEEEE" can be heard, and before you know it a huge fireball explodes onto the trunk of the tree, you are both knocked on your asses. Deafened briefly, and hazed. You look around, getting up and staggering momentarily. There is a portion of tree trunk missing, also on fire. There is a distinct pain in your chest and you can see several needles imbedded deep in your chest, probably not fatal, but they hurt, much more than the first. Looking over at your friend, you realize he's dead, unmoving, and with quite a few more of these strange needles sticking out of him, eyes, face, chest, he took the brunt of it, you got lucky. An idea strikes you and you take the camera, and go to your house to review the footage you took.

After several hours, and many, many Google searches you are left with a single frozen frame of what you can irrefutably describe as...as ball cactus. On fire, probably going past mach 1, about to impact the tree, where you were standing moments before the impact. Shocked, scared, you confide in your parents about the last few days. They laugh it of as some strange joke, even showing them the video they think it's some silly potatochop or whatever you kids call it.

With no one else to turn to, you just shut up about it. Try to forget it, and pass it off as some dream. You ignore calls from your friends number, and disable the answering machine so not to deal with it. Shutting it all down trying to make it go away. No cops ever show up to ask any questions, and a week or two goes by without any event.

A few months pass and memory fades, as all of ours do. You forget anything strange ever happened. One bright fall morning, you step outside ready to start your day, taking a good long stretch looking up into the sky, not a single cloud to be seen. You hear your father ask you to nab the paper for him, begrudgingly you do so, walking out to the driveway slowly, picking up the dew moistened plastic sleeve, you can see part of a big article that catches your eye. Slowly you make your way back towards your front door step, untying and working the paper out of it's plastic protective sleeve. by the time you reach your door step again, you stop, just for a moment eyes going wide.

sssscccHHHRREEEEEEE! Is the last thing you hear before everything goes black, the paper flying out of your hands, flopping forwards landing at the edge of your door. Hearing the explosion your parents come to the door, to see your body flat against the stairs in a clumsy pose, your head replaced with a molten mass of green goop, blood, and other assorted fragments. The whole front of the house was shaken by the sonic boom and impact, not to mention the scorch marks on the concrete and any nearby foliage that was on fire. Your father in absolute disbelief feels the paper rustling in the wind on his leg, he reaches down to look at it and is met with the bold front page font.

"CACTI RAINING FROM THE SKY ARE YOU SAFE?"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I’m online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

TACTICAL CACTUS NUKE INCOMING. Oh goodness it's been forever since I've done with of these.

I hope you enjoy your stay!