The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Nerf Barrens.
PLEASE, Nerf Barrens.

I mean, every day, nearly half the server is in the Barrens. Can't we spread stuff out so everyone isn't in Barrens?

Thanks for reading.

-Sprockey.

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Move please?
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?
Why not come to us? :] If nothing is stopping you, that is.
It's not, but Barrens gets kinda boring after a while, and that's where all the RP always is. :P
The same thing used to happen with Stormwind. Well, talk to Lucy and plan something. She'll come along.
The RP is in Barrens because that's where people enjoy their RP. Only way to make people RP elsewhere is to have another place where the majority will enjoy themselves.

Sorry if I may sound a bit harsh here, but I don't think making forum posts like this is going to affect where people RP. You gotta offer them alternatives.
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
The RP is in Barrens because that's where people enjoy their RP. Only way to make people RP elsewhere is to have another place where the majority will enjoy themselves.

Sorry if I may sound a bit harsh here, but I don't think making forum posts like this is going to affect where people RP. You gotta offer them alternatives.
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
Zunaj Wrote:The RP is in Barrens because that's where people enjoy their RP. Only way to make people RP elsewhere is to have another place where the majority will enjoy themselves.

He's right.

Not to say that I'm not all for nerfing the Barrens, you can't go about it like that. Get something interesting going somewhere else. Maybe try to pull people to Booty Bay or Winterspring or Tanaris or something. Suggesting we nerf the Barrens is like suggesting Stormwind be nerfed... though I wouldn't complain about that either.

Point is, the Barrens are here to stay, make your own RP, and <Meaningful message deleted.>.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Zunaj Wrote:The RP is in Barrens because that's where people enjoy their RP. Only way to make people RP elsewhere is to have another place where the majority will enjoy themselves.

He's right.

Not to say that I'm not all for nerfing the Barrens, you can't go about it like that. Get something interesting going somewhere else. Maybe try to pull people to Booty Bay or Winterspring or Tanaris or something. Suggesting we nerf the Barrens is like suggesting Stormwind be nerfed... though I wouldn't complain about that either.

Point is, the Barrens are here to stay, make your own RP, and <Meaningful message deleted.>.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Yes, please don't make posts saying that <Area> needs to be.. 'nerfed' or whatever it may be. I look at this the same way I look at the whole.. Alliance vs. Horde RP thing; Make the effort to change it instead of wasting time posting about it.

If people see others RPing somewhere else, they may go there. You get two people RPing in <random town> people may look at server status and be like "Ooh that's new!" and then quite possibly flock there. I've seen it happen many times. Just make the effort to change it. /anime thumbs up
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Yes, please don't make posts saying that <Area> needs to be.. 'nerfed' or whatever it may be. I look at this the same way I look at the whole.. Alliance vs. Horde RP thing; Make the effort to change it instead of wasting time posting about it.

If people see others RPing somewhere else, they may go there. You get two people RPing in <random town> people may look at server status and be like "Ooh that's new!" and then quite possibly flock there. I've seen it happen many times. Just make the effort to change it. /anime thumbs up
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
I agree with all you are saying. I just don't think I really have any alternatives right now. You didn't think I was just saying "Kill the area".. did you?

That would be insanity!

But yes, if we were to offer a few alternatives, I think we should start with the first towns players get to.

Like Kharanos, Goldshire, Dolanaar, and horde equivalents. Maybe add more houses for players to dub as their "own" and some RP NPC's. Farmers, School teachers, children and such.

I apologize for not expanding more on my idea. Looking back on this post, I must've been in a hurry or something.
I agree with all you are saying. I just don't think I really have any alternatives right now. You didn't think I was just saying "Kill the area".. did you?

That would be insanity!

But yes, if we were to offer a few alternatives, I think we should start with the first towns players get to.

Like Kharanos, Goldshire, Dolanaar, and horde equivalents. Maybe add more houses for players to dub as their "own" and some RP NPC's. Farmers, School teachers, children and such.

I apologize for not expanding more on my idea. Looking back on this post, I must've been in a hurry or something.
The process I've noticed from time and time again, is that IF a spot/town/city becomes a little more busy with players, the GMs are more likely to put work into decorating the area nicely for the large groups. It's a good idea to add in houses and more NPCs, but I just don't see it happening if there hasn't been RP in that one spot in a "longs-time".

I still like the overall idea to see if we can get some RP out of other towns than the normal Stormwind/Ratchet/Silvermoon, but it takes some dedication to get started, not to mention make it popular.
The process I've noticed from time and time again, is that IF a spot/town/city becomes a little more busy with players, the GMs are more likely to put work into decorating the area nicely for the large groups. It's a good idea to add in houses and more NPCs, but I just don't see it happening if there hasn't been RP in that one spot in a "longs-time".

I still like the overall idea to see if we can get some RP out of other towns than the normal Stormwind/Ratchet/Silvermoon, but it takes some dedication to get started, not to mention make it popular.
People are congregating there simply because it's low level, cross faction and other people have been seen there so they feel they have a good chance at RP.

The problem with RPing in WoW has always been the amount of space compared to population ratio. A small population can only fill a small area. I'd much rather see a single area become the "hub" of the server than trying to draw attention away from one that's growing.

It's what we used to call Fountain sitting. Pick a place with something to stare at and talk about then when people wander by, they can sit and talk/stare too, then more people will come to see what's going on and suddenly you have a varied RP scene that a GM can take advantage of.

It isn't just The Barrens, it's the strip between the Inn in Ratchet, the new Tavern and the Arena. Three places to gather together in hopes of RP that are all fairly close to each other and offer dozens of opportunities for different sorts of interactions.

We don't need tons and tons of places like this.. that will just mean people will wander around aimlessly looking for RP the same as they do now until a few people start Fountain sitting again and the whole process starts over.

Ogrimmar/Stormwind to Shattrah to Dalaran on retail, it's always going to happen because people want to be where the action is when they don't already have something in mind which most usually don't, they just want to see what happens and where they can fit in to have fun.

If you really want to promote RP on a grand scale, why not build a city from scratch with all the amenities that is easily accessible from WSG via portal with all the fun stuff tucked away and a non-battle rule like Ratchet has and an Arena to settle disputes and bars for people to hang out in but with more things around for people to mess with? Basically exactly what you have now with Ratchet, only built up and Lore'd in as a place that is completely neutral (even from the Cartels) and has representatives from everywhere with all the nice pretty junk builders have access to. Build a Coliseum or Amphitheater, you know, something to gawk at and interact with.

We're supposed to be a big group instead of individuals right? We could use a reason to get together instead of more reasons to break up into tiny little groups that hate everyone not in their group.

I could be wrong, but that's my opinions on the issue :mrgreen:
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EVENT:The ultimate tournament in The Barrens arena! jak13 8 1,341 03-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Last Post: jak13
  Chat is -not- the new Barrens. Harmonic 47 8,193 09-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Hawk