The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

New Player! Likes Kittens and Rainbows. And Roadkill.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Like probably everyone else here, I'm a life-long gamer. I started with Pong and played pretty much everything after that. I got into pencil and paper RP games when I was about 11 and I still enjoy pencil and paper when I can find the time and a good group. Far and away, my favorite pencil and paper RP game is D&D. I can't get enough Dwarf Cleric - or Minotaur Warrior, if the GM will let me get away with it... I tried getting into MUDs, but was too much of a graphics whore when it comes to computer games to stay very interested in them. Then came Everquest! Tallon Zek PVP server was and is still my favorite gaming / RP experience ever. I played a Troll Warrior named Grimbrow and started the first all-troll guild on the server called Army of Grobb. I made a lot of great friends and had an incredible time with everyone there. I enjoyed my enemies as well! Nothing quite like have good nemesi. The PVP wasn't half bad either. That experience was enough to make me give many other MMORPGs a chance. I've played DAOC, Dark and Light, AO, AC, AC2, CoH, and WoW since it came out. Has it been 5 years already??? Time flies when you're having fun.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the USA - mostly the West Coast: California, Nevada, Washington. My primary language is A.D.D., but I also speak {SQUIRREL} ! What was the question? Oh, english. I only speak english. I used to speak French and Spanish poorly, but without use my skillz are teh fail.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As a gaming addict it was my responsibility to try pretty much every decent game that ever came out. I like RTS games, but only occasionally and not as much as the next guy. When WoW came out, that was more my speed. I've played that since launch. I was actually pretty surprised at how mature the players were in game. I made the mistake of thinking that all of the preschoolers on the message boards prior to release would be representative of the player base after launch. It was nice to see that everyone wasn't like the message board trolls (the bad kind of trolls).

What made you seek our server over others?:
Roleplay! I'm excited to try a private server where RP is more likely to happen than on the public WoW servers. Honestly, I tried one or two public RP servers and found 0 RP. As long as the players are paying their monthly dues, no GM is ever going to enforce RP on the RP servers. I figured on a private server, the administrators primary goal is to create the right atmosphere. I'm a little rusty, but I'd like to get back into a server where I can be in-character all the time. Of course, I'd like to take a little time to develop a new character or two so that I can experiment around.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
I enjoy being the warrior - sometimes a warrior with magic (cleric, paladin or death knight), but always a warrior at his core. Whether fighting, cussing, spitting, traveling, conducting business, politics or intrigue, on the road, battlefield or tavern - I'm always the warrior. I even like staying committed to character if talking to a GM. I guess I'm not picky about the setting for my character. I just like developing the character, watching them build relationships with other characters, and having his story unfold with others on the server. A character's development is always in relation to its community. It's fun finding out what happens next in their story.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For WoW my favorite race/class combo is Orc Death Knight. Orc because they are the green skinned brawlers of Azeroth. They are a warrior culture - strong, determined, brutal and honorable. Death Knight is simply the most perfect class ever. Dark, evil, tortured. A warrior that sacrificed their soul for power. The power to do what? That's what starts making the class fun. Maybe it's for revenge. Maybe it's to have the strength to protect the defenseless, but in gaining this power they become exactly what the defenseless need protection from... Endless fun coupled with Rune Tap and Mark of Blood. Kick ass. I love the whole Necro-Warrior paradigm ever since the Shadow Knight in Everquest.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm coming in without expectations, but I definitely have some hopes - if that makes any sense. I hope to finally find an atmosphere of committed RP with all of the conflict, intrigue, camaraderie, surprises, mystery, epic battles, and larger-than-life characters one could find in a great novel. Only the novel is the server and we all get to write a small part of the story.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rules for this server seem more like common sense that any normal player would adhere to anyway. Most rules in life are limiting, these rules seem to only keep a fair environment for all players so that they can most fully enjoy the game. To this end, I guess two rules are tied for appealing to me the most: Respect and Humility. Both go hand in hand. Treating others the way you want to be treated and supporting them in having a good time on the server is the very core of a good community. I'm usually not all that big on rules, but this rule list makes the server look promising. I sound like such a sodding brown-noser now. Thanks a lot.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is not actually required until you aim to move up to Gruntship. Please state your intentions if you wish to complete this later.)

A last, long gasp grated out of the bag of meat that was once great Palanr Orenz, heroic veteran of The Battle of Mount Hyjal, proud son of Stormwind, thieving liar and vile murderer of children. So satisfying was the feel of his frozen blade wedged into the sternum of Palanr Orenz that the grim figure standing over him left it locked in place well after the last shivering heartbeat reverberated up the length of the sword.

"Here is your treaty Palanr. Here is your peace. Far better than you deserve."

With a crack and wet hiss, the frozen sword was drawn from Palanr's chest. No blood stained the blade. It shone perfectly clean, free of any blemish or imperfection. This was a mockery, of course. A cruel joke that only it's wielder would understand, but from which he could never escape. The only purity it's wielder could ever know would be found in the blade of his own damnation. The only peace he could know would be in the suffering of others. Not even his own death could release him from the constant torture that ripped and clawed at the emptiness where his soul should be. Death would only bind him more closely to his suffering. At least in the mortal world, he could find brief respite in the destruction of others. Their suffering could lessen his own. For a moment.

For a precious few seconds, his mind would be free of the voices, the emptiness inside would stop threatening to claw his chest out, and he could remember - clearly - a time and a life before this torture became his only existence. For a moment, he remembered her.

Her! There once was her. How could he have forgotten that? To have forgotten the very reason he took down the path of torment in the first place. For spite! To come so far as to forget the beginning. She bade him never to forget, and already he had sacrificed his promise as he had sacrificed his soul for this unlife. No. Not for this unlife. He had done it for her. Roaka. His wife. The mother of his children. The two children who died holding their mother, begging for her to make the pain stop. She did the only thing she could. She held them as they died.

"Where was I? Why couldn't I protect them?"

The scream echoed through his helm, but the only answer was the cold, uncaring death-stare of Palanr Orenz. From behind his mind, the voices came back. Then came the searing cold in his chest. Soon, there was nothing left of the old orc's previous life, his cares, his dreams, his loves - all that was left was Fraust, Death Knight, and the need to kill again.

This is his unlife. This is his damnation.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
Hmm. I'm always up for a Tell on the server. I'm a super friendly guy and enjoy making new friends. I'm always happy to go hunt some mobs or back up your character in one thing or another. The more impossible the odds, the more likely I am to go along with a really bad idea. Good ideas are welcome too, I guess, but bad ideas are usually more fun.

Thanks for reading this far! See you in game!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Like probably everyone else here, I'm a life-long gamer. I started with Pong and played pretty much everything after that. I got into pencil and paper RP games when I was about 11 and I still enjoy pencil and paper when I can find the time and a good group. Far and away, my favorite pencil and paper RP game is D&D. I can't get enough Dwarf Cleric - or Minotaur Warrior, if the GM will let me get away with it... I tried getting into MUDs, but was too much of a graphics whore when it comes to computer games to stay very interested in them. Then came Everquest! Tallon Zek PVP server was and is still my favorite gaming / RP experience ever. I played a Troll Warrior named Grimbrow and started the first all-troll guild on the server called Army of Grobb. I made a lot of great friends and had an incredible time with everyone there. I enjoyed my enemies as well! Nothing quite like have good nemesi. The PVP wasn't half bad either. That experience was enough to make me give many other MMORPGs a chance. I've played DAOC, Dark and Light, AO, AC, AC2, CoH, and WoW since it came out. Has it been 5 years already??? Time flies when you're having fun.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the USA - mostly the West Coast: California, Nevada, Washington. My primary language is A.D.D., but I also speak {SQUIRREL} ! What was the question? Oh, english. I only speak english. I used to speak French and Spanish poorly, but without use my skillz are teh fail.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As a gaming addict it was my responsibility to try pretty much every decent game that ever came out. I like RTS games, but only occasionally and not as much as the next guy. When WoW came out, that was more my speed. I've played that since launch. I was actually pretty surprised at how mature the players were in game. I made the mistake of thinking that all of the preschoolers on the message boards prior to release would be representative of the player base after launch. It was nice to see that everyone wasn't like the message board trolls (the bad kind of trolls).

What made you seek our server over others?:
Roleplay! I'm excited to try a private server where RP is more likely to happen than on the public WoW servers. Honestly, I tried one or two public RP servers and found 0 RP. As long as the players are paying their monthly dues, no GM is ever going to enforce RP on the RP servers. I figured on a private server, the administrators primary goal is to create the right atmosphere. I'm a little rusty, but I'd like to get back into a server where I can be in-character all the time. Of course, I'd like to take a little time to develop a new character or two so that I can experiment around.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
I enjoy being the warrior - sometimes a warrior with magic (cleric, paladin or death knight), but always a warrior at his core. Whether fighting, cussing, spitting, traveling, conducting business, politics or intrigue, on the road, battlefield or tavern - I'm always the warrior. I even like staying committed to character if talking to a GM. I guess I'm not picky about the setting for my character. I just like developing the character, watching them build relationships with other characters, and having his story unfold with others on the server. A character's development is always in relation to its community. It's fun finding out what happens next in their story.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For WoW my favorite race/class combo is Orc Death Knight. Orc because they are the green skinned brawlers of Azeroth. They are a warrior culture - strong, determined, brutal and honorable. Death Knight is simply the most perfect class ever. Dark, evil, tortured. A warrior that sacrificed their soul for power. The power to do what? That's what starts making the class fun. Maybe it's for revenge. Maybe it's to have the strength to protect the defenseless, but in gaining this power they become exactly what the defenseless need protection from... Endless fun coupled with Rune Tap and Mark of Blood. Kick ass. I love the whole Necro-Warrior paradigm ever since the Shadow Knight in Everquest.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm coming in without expectations, but I definitely have some hopes - if that makes any sense. I hope to finally find an atmosphere of committed RP with all of the conflict, intrigue, camaraderie, surprises, mystery, epic battles, and larger-than-life characters one could find in a great novel. Only the novel is the server and we all get to write a small part of the story.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rules for this server seem more like common sense that any normal player would adhere to anyway. Most rules in life are limiting, these rules seem to only keep a fair environment for all players so that they can most fully enjoy the game. To this end, I guess two rules are tied for appealing to me the most: Respect and Humility. Both go hand in hand. Treating others the way you want to be treated and supporting them in having a good time on the server is the very core of a good community. I'm usually not all that big on rules, but this rule list makes the server look promising. I sound like such a sodding brown-noser now. Thanks a lot.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is not actually required until you aim to move up to Gruntship. Please state your intentions if you wish to complete this later.)

A last, long gasp grated out of the bag of meat that was once great Palanr Orenz, heroic veteran of The Battle of Mount Hyjal, proud son of Stormwind, thieving liar and vile murderer of children. So satisfying was the feel of his frozen blade wedged into the sternum of Palanr Orenz that the grim figure standing over him left it locked in place well after the last shivering heartbeat reverberated up the length of the sword.

"Here is your treaty Palanr. Here is your peace. Far better than you deserve."

With a crack and wet hiss, the frozen sword was drawn from Palanr's chest. No blood stained the blade. It shone perfectly clean, free of any blemish or imperfection. This was a mockery, of course. A cruel joke that only it's wielder would understand, but from which he could never escape. The only purity it's wielder could ever know would be found in the blade of his own damnation. The only peace he could know would be in the suffering of others. Not even his own death could release him from the constant torture that ripped and clawed at the emptiness where his soul should be. Death would only bind him more closely to his suffering. At least in the mortal world, he could find brief respite in the destruction of others. Their suffering could lessen his own. For a moment.

For a precious few seconds, his mind would be free of the voices, the emptiness inside would stop threatening to claw his chest out, and he could remember - clearly - a time and a life before this torture became his only existence. For a moment, he remembered her.

Her! There once was her. How could he have forgotten that? To have forgotten the very reason he took down the path of torment in the first place. For spite! To come so far as to forget the beginning. She bade him never to forget, and already he had sacrificed his promise as he had sacrificed his soul for this unlife. No. Not for this unlife. He had done it for her. Roaka. His wife. The mother of his children. The two children who died holding their mother, begging for her to make the pain stop. She did the only thing she could. She held them as they died.

"Where was I? Why couldn't I protect them?"

The scream echoed through his helm, but the only answer was the cold, uncaring death-stare of Palanr Orenz. From behind his mind, the voices came back. Then came the searing cold in his chest. Soon, there was nothing left of the old orc's previous life, his cares, his dreams, his loves - all that was left was Fraust, Death Knight, and the need to kill again.

This is his unlife. This is his damnation.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
Hmm. I'm always up for a Tell on the server. I'm a super friendly guy and enjoy making new friends. I'm always happy to go hunt some mobs or back up your character in one thing or another. The more impossible the odds, the more likely I am to go along with a really bad idea. Good ideas are welcome too, I guess, but bad ideas are usually more fun.

Thanks for reading this far! See you in game!
> Orc Death Knight

You're already one step ahead of the rest of us. Excellent introduction. If I catch you in-game, I'll be sure to say hi.

Welcome to CotH.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
> Orc Death Knight

You're already one step ahead of the rest of us. Excellent introduction. If I catch you in-game, I'll be sure to say hi.

Welcome to CotH.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
Thanks, Moose! I look forward to seeing you in game. I'm starting to get pretty excited about joining this server - more excited than I've been since first logging in to WoW.

Grimbrow
Thanks, Moose! I look forward to seeing you in game. I'm starting to get pretty excited about joining this server - more excited than I've been since first logging in to WoW.

Grimbrow

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction - Medsy - Forsaken Role Player. Medsy 2 878 12-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Another Introduction for Another Role Player anscharius 1 562 03-28-2013, 01:53 AM
Last Post: flammos200
  The Marvellous and Magical Introduction of Rainbows. Poppy 1 509 06-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  Player and Character Introduction erycfawx 1 809 07-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Delta
  New Player Introduction Sevil 2 816 07-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Aerikan