The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

New Xbox reveal.
Now that the Xbox One was revealed -God, what a dumb freaking name- what do you think about it?

I wasn't very impressed and neither seemed the rest of the world to be, seeing how Sony's stocks climbed 10% after the reveal.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
XBox One =

Spoiler:
[Image: Original_Xbox.jpeg]

XBox One =/=

Spoiler:
[Image: Xbox-One1.jpg]

Down with the thin black box! Long live the fat black box! Seriously Microsoft, I saw someone say "Screw XBox One." and I thought they meant the original until I had to google it. You need to give marketing a good kick in the nads for this. This is unacceptable.
I agree. Every single other name they had for the console during development was a lot better. XBOX720, Xbox Gold, Xbox Fusion, hell, even Durango was better than Xbox One.
Spoiler:
Everyone I've spoken to is in agreement that the name is awful.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
The name is only secondary to the fact that you will have to -PAY A FEE FOR USED GAMES- when you use them on the console. A fee that will make that game -FULL PRICE- again. That's just flippin' ridiculous.

Never would I have thought that they'd have made Sony look good. Really, -really- glad to be a PC gamer right now.

Edit: The reason above is why Sony's stock went up 9%.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Here's another thing, apparently they changed the "always online" to "must be logged in once every 24 hours." What is the purpose of this? Really? Doesn't it just tell people with no way to plug the console up to internet to **** off without actually having any of the "benefits" of always online?
Spoiler:
(05-22-2013, 05:49 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: Here's another thing, apparently they changed the "always online" to "must be logged in once every 24 hours." What is the purpose of this? Really? Doesn't it just tell people with no way to plug the console up to internet to **** off without actually having any of the "benefits" of always online?

And what happens if I don't log in?
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
Meh...
Spoiler:
[Image: aADpK.gif]
I want there to be only the picture here, but sadly it is too large so I have to spoiler it and the spoiler doesn't appear if I don't write anything else here so now that's done, it's time for you to press it.
(05-22-2013, 05:51 AM)Aethon Wrote:
(05-22-2013, 05:49 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: Here's another thing, apparently they changed the "always online" to "must be logged in once every 24 hours." What is the purpose of this? Really? Doesn't it just tell people with no way to plug the console up to internet to **** off without actually having any of the "benefits" of always online?

And what happens if I don't log in?

I think it gives you an error when you try to play games, telling you to log in to live.

Another issue with the Xbox One is that it's a multimedia machine and it shows. When you look at the PS4, you really can't say anything but "this is a dedicated gaming machine" and that's what I want. A goddamn console, not fancy DVD player.

And while the two consoles have the same amount of RAM, the Xbox One has DDR3 while the PS4 has GDDR5, so there's that too.
Spoiler:
Ugh...The log in once every 24 is pretty dumb. Whatever. I'll just stick to my good Xbox 360S. :]
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
(05-22-2013, 05:13 AM)Rensin Wrote: The name is only secondary to the fact that you will have to -PAY A FEE FOR USED GAMES- when you use them on the console. A fee that will make that game -FULL PRICE- again. That's just flippin' ridiculous.

Never would I have thought that they'd have made Sony look good. Really, -really- glad to be a PC gamer right now.

Edit: The reason above is why Sony's stock went up 9%.

A year ago, what I'm about to say would've made past me be yelling heresy at the top of past me's lungs.

But I have to say it.

I'm changing to Sony. God damnit Microsoft, first you screw us over with Windows, and now you're ruining your consoles. That's it, I'm really done. I'm keeping my Original, my 360, but I am -NOT- buying your Phillips CDi.

The only way you can fix this now is to fire everyone from the marketing and development teams (seeing as how they're all Rhesus monkeys anyways) and get some competent people.
Excuse me while I stick with PC gaming.
PC gaming is great, yes, but I want those games you can only really have when they're developed on a single console by an experienced team and is completely omtimised for that one console alone.

I mean, look at the PS3. Meh graphics card and 512MB of RAM, 256 of which is taken up by the operative system. Despite that they managed to push the hardware enough to make games like Uncharted and The Last of Us. That's impressive and can't really be done on a PC since there are so many builds out there.

In any case, PC gaming is obviously going to get a severe jump too with the new gen. Most PC games these days are console ports and it goes without saying that the old generation has been holding it back the last years.
Spoiler:
I find this whole thing funny because a few years ago everyone was predicting that PC gaming (and desktop PCs in general) would be dead. Then you get giant companies releasing absolute crap like the Xbox One. Microsoft Consoles, not even once.

(05-22-2013, 07:03 AM)aroes Wrote: I find this whole thing funny because a few years ago everyone was predicting that PC gaming (and desktop PCs in general) would be dead. Then you get giant companies releasing absolute crap like the Xbox One. Microsoft Consoles, not even once.

Pretty much this. I haven't found the console market offering up anything lately that makes me want to get any of these. Then again I was pretty much priced out since the PS3/Xbox 360 release.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XBOX Gamertags and PSN profiles. Roxas65 5 689 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Aethon