The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

New Xbox reveal.
I can't wait for the part where everyone buys the new Xbox One despite hating everything about the console.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
I, for one, won't buy it, Krent. But I'm sure you're right about the majority of people. I just don't think that some of the console's main functiones will work very well in Sweden.

They were all proud about how it can act like a TiVo, but you can't use a TiVo in Sweden. There are similar products that are sold by the Television providers themselves and even they only work on their own channels. I just don't think it's allowed to use something like a TiVo or Xbox One here.

something that I also -just- heard about is that Microsoft are claiming that the One will be more powerful than the PS4, even though it's wrong on paper. Why is this? Microsoft claims to be building a serverpark so powerful that its processing power equals that of every server in the world in 1999. The idea is that one Xbox One console will be backed up by servers enough to represent three more Xbox Ones to make it stronger. This would allow developers to develop games more powerful than the console is capable of and be able to load stuff quicker. All I hear is "always online."

I do see some interesting applications for this. For example, games like Saints row could be played in split-screen if you've got the processing power of three other consoles to help your console deal with the strain of two players spread out over an open world. However, what happens when developers start developing games that -always- requires this extra power to function correctly or even run at all? In that case Microsoft's "not always online, just once every 24 hours" bullcrap goes right out the window and every game launch will be like Sim City. It just doesn't work.

At least those are my opinions.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Microsoft makes these grand, huge claims that sound like such BS. "All the servers in 1999"? Cool. Isn't that what cloud already does?

So, what you're telling us, Microsoft... is you're gonna do what Steam already does? Cloud synching? Cool, way to catch up with the times, it's good to know after five years console gaming will be current for maybe a year.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

So Microsoft are stepping it up a bit.

They're discussing plans to use the Kinect to keep a registry of every person who steps into its range and, here comes my favorite part, deny to play games or DLC if it detects somebody in the room who has not paid for it.

Seriously, what the actual ****.
Spoiler:

whut.
Microsoft is starting to become like EA...
Spoiler:
[Image: 2493598-darth_revan_by_unclesatan.png]
... I can just imagine it.

"HEY BILLY WANT TO COME TO MY HOUSE AND PLAY THIS GAME ON KINECT?"
"Sorry, I can't. I haven't paid for it."
" ... :|"
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
And what happens when you decide you don't want Kinect?

Do you get denied playing any and all games? Man, this is a new level of pure stupid. Talk about Big Brother.
It's not just kinect games. It's any game. It'll watch the surroundings even when you play non-kinect games and if somebody new walks into the room, the xbox asks who this is. At that point you can introduce the console to the person or import that person's gamertag, which will cause the console to recognize him or her. That is all confirmed already. But they're planing to use this function to keep people who haven't paid for content to not be able to partake in it.

They've also agreed to aid the government in investigations by using the Kinect which, by default, is -always- active, even when the console is turned off. You can set the Kinect to be off when the console is too, but this is not the default setting and it has to be on while playing.

How accurate is this thing? Well, it can recognize your face and detect emotional expressions in almost complete darkness. Wonder if it can detect me giving it the finger.

EDIT: to answer your question, Reigen, the console won't get past the first screen if the Kinect isn't hooked up. It'll just ask you to hook up the kinect. It's absolutely mandatory.
Spoiler:
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrvE3B5Rz6A[/youtube]
(06-03-2013, 03:27 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: So Microsoft are stepping it up a bit.

They're discussing plans to use the Kinect to keep a registry of every person who steps into its range and, here comes my favorite part, deny to play games or DLC if it detects somebody in the room who has not paid for it.

Do you have any kind of source on this? A link maybe? I haven't seen it mentioned on /v/.

Not that I doubt it. I wouldn't put it past Microsoft for a second. Just, still, curious.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
... What's the point in that? To make more people buy their games? This'll just piss people off and make them not want to buy anything from them at all. I honestly got quite a lot of my previous games from playing them a little at a friend's house, then going out and buying it. Not being able to play games with friends because they haven't paid for it is really killing the social part of gaming.

And I sure as hell won't buy a kinect if it's potentially a CCTV camera in my living room. I have an idea of where they can shove it.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Microsoft couldn't pay me to take this PoS. If this is how it's going to be, I want next to nothing to do with it. I'll wait to see what the others get or just stick to 360 games.
(06-03-2013, 04:09 PM)Clovis Wrote:
(06-03-2013, 03:27 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: So Microsoft are stepping it up a bit.

Do you have any kind of source on this? A link maybe? I haven't seen it mentioned on /v/.

Not that I doubt it. I wouldn't put it past Microsoft for a second. Just, still, curious.

Not one that's reliable enough. It's a rumour coming from inside the offices at Microsoft. The Kinect lockout hasn't been decided yet, but they're apparently considering the option and the kinect has the capability of doing it.

One can just hope that they're not actually dumb enough to do it. Not that hte console needs that function to be a privacy concern. Just the thing about the Kinect always watching is seriously throwing me off and that part has been officially confirmed.
Spoiler:
Man, if they do go -that- direction...

I'm afraid to think what their future OS's are gonna be like.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XBOX Gamertags and PSN profiles. Roxas65 5 689 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Aethon