The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

New Xbox reveal.
I don't think it's 150mb/s. That would be rididculous because it's a really high threshold.

In other news, the new terms of service for Xbox is amazing.

[Image: h4F55F50F]
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I think that level of privacy though was so they could enforce rules between players in their network. I think they'd have to monitor players if they were going to curb harassment/racism/sexism.
I think all of the consoles this generation look lame in comparison to the former. Nothing new, nothing innovative for either PS4 or Xbox One. No wonder Wii U got all the attention.
PS4 for no region locks! WOO.
*returns to PC and Nintendoland*
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Quote:Microsoft recommends that you have an Internet connection speed of at least 1.5 Mbps. If all you have is dial-up, I guess you'll want to hold on to your Xbox 360. You can read more details on Xbox One connectivity at xbox.com.

Alright, they don't require 1.5 mpbs, but they recommend it. Still, not -as- bad. Here's the source. Third paragraph, last sentence.
(06-13-2013, 01:30 PM)Cassius Wrote: I think all of the consoles this generation look lame in comparison to the former. Nothing new, nothing innovative for either PS4 or Xbox One. No wonder Wii U got all the attention.

The noughties (2000-2010) was the best decade for gaming imo. Microsoft is really screwing up now. :(

Hopefully, the next few years will bring some GOOD news for once. By good, I mean Microsoft acknowledging their screw up with the XBox One. They must've fired their Quality Assurance Department.
(06-13-2013, 01:30 PM)Cassius Wrote: I think all of the consoles this generation look lame in comparison to the former. Nothing new, nothing innovative for either PS4 or Xbox One. No wonder Wii U got all the attention.

I'm sorry, I have to argue that. There's nothing innovative about the Wii U's hardware. It's got the controller pad, but it's just a stupid gimmick you grow tired of in a day. The only thing the console has is Nintendo exclusives and I got tired of playing the same game multiple times over when it comes to them. The PS4 on the other hand has no bottlenecks at all when it comes to coding and is impressively fast. There's a reason many developers treat it like the second coming of christ. The Xbone doesn't count because it runs Windows 8.
Spoiler:
(06-13-2013, 10:31 PM)Roxas65 Wrote:

I'm sorry, I have to argue that. There's nothing innovative about the Wii U's hardware. It's got the controller pad, but it's just a stupid gimmick you grow tired of in a day. The only thing the console has is Nintendo exclusives and I got tired of playing the same game multiple times over when it comes to them. The PS4 on the other hand has no bottlenecks at all when it comes to coding and is impressively fast. There's a reason many developers treat it like the second coming of christ. The Xbone doesn't count because it runs Windows 8.

No innovation?

Man, have you played a WiiU? Some of the games they have on that thing are flipping amazing and they do something playstation doesn't do very often---keep it fun. Nothing makes me nostalgia harder than playing my good ol' WiiU, and remember what it's like to play games that remind me of why I gamed as a kid. You say that these games are the "same thing over and over again", but they really aren't. They constantly add new things to not only the way you play them, but also to iconic games themselves.

Just because Mario and Link are used in these games to a large extent doesn't mean that it's "old" or stale. And the Playstation? Sure, it's got cool stuff going for it, but developers are just happy SOMEONE is finally making an accessible machine that's somewhat close to computer standards so that they don't have to throttle down versions of their games to fit hardware restrictions of "modern" consoles.

Honestly, when it comes to Sony... sometimes I feel that the examples you gave is mostly true for them. Innovation and the like is sort of lacking, and the games they come out with aren't all that fresh or original, and feel like they are only exclusive because they payed wads of money rather than trying to put individuality into the machine. HALF the time they are trying to catch up with Nintendo by copying gimicks, such as the motion controls, -and- even the most stunning to me---the Smash Brothers rip off. (I know, people will argue how "unique" that game is... but c'mon, Nintendo did that delicious brawler style mash-up first.)

Nintendo is a hard to work with company, however. Non-nintendo devs still don't know what to do with that hardware, it seems. Some will go crazy with it, and randomly turn out a gem, however most of the time Nintendo itself is the one developing for it's system, and they do pretty well with it. Do they have mis-steps? Of course. Skyward Sword wasn't so great. Does Sony? Yes, it's really easy to lump them with Microsoft in the way of games.

...Am I a fanboy? Damn straight. Love Nintendo. Have every since I was a kid. Do I have blind nostalgia glasses? Or the false hopes that my investment turns out to be a wise one? Nope, I still maintain that my Wii is the only system I've actually KEPT my games for rather than trading them back because they get boring after one use. Nintendo is -always- good for the party.

Nintendo and Guitar Hero.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Nintendo will always be great because they focus more on gameplay than most other companies. PS4 will be nice, and KH3 will be awesome(hopefully), but gaming is taking a wierd turn. A lot of AAA titles are forsaking gameplay and becoming visual only. Many games now focus on cinematic scenes where the player must push a button at certain times. This is just lazy and annoying, and it's turning games into Space Ace/Dragon's Lair and everyone calls this "innovative" because it's using highly detailed graphics.

You never have to worry about this with reliable Nintendo. And, as the only backwards compatible system now, you get the most bang for your buck. That's about 30 years of games in one system.
[Image: glarfieldiator_gif_2_by_el_cid_84-d5ebmb1.gif]
WiiU has its upsides.

PS4 has its upsides.

XBONE has so many downsides.

Just go Sonyntendo.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I think the issue with sony from what I heard is they're always trying to push new media, so when the PS3 came out it was less about the games and more about the blu-ray. That doesn't mean it can't have great games or be a great system, but I do believe the new consoles lately are more focused on marketing features rather than games.

I also would probably like the WiiU over other consoles because of the games offered. Playing some of the playstation games I used to like Tomba and Mischief Makers made me realize that a lot of old games used to be wicked toony in style and Nintendo still retains that. I know style isn't everything but it does help in the appeal for me.

That being said I don't know what to think about Kingdom Hearts 3. I vividly remember the original, playing it, my brother wiping the data and all my progress and having to play it over and beat it. I don't remember much bad about the original but the second game... felt way different. Like it didn't have the same soul to it. It's like when you watch a remake of a show or a movie done by a different team of people... they may be able to get down all the superficial elements like the characters and the places, but it feels like it's missing all the nuance that makes it feel connected to the last game.

Well.. it also felt like I was stepping into a rave club :P
Sorry, I do agree everything has it's merits and flaws, just comparing Sony to "The Second Coming of Christ" was a little much for me.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(06-14-2013, 06:12 AM)Rensin Wrote: Sorry, I do agree everything has it's merits and flaws, just comparing Sony to "The Second Coming of Christ" was a little much for me.

I should clarify that. I don't see the PS4 as the second coming of christ. I think it's a really well buot console with and a good price. Devs are however treating it as such and happy devs make good games. That's why I have high hopes for it. I realize that people love Nintendo for the reasons you explained but I've just grown really tired of Nintendo's games. Not to mention that they have a bunch of franchises but they only seem to focus on two of them. What happaned to Starfox and Metroid, for example? If they'd just spread out their efforts a bit like they used to instead of driving two franchises so hard into the wall over and over. I'm not impressed with the Wii U, I hated the Wii and I loved the Gamecube. Apparently Nintendo did too because they made it one and a half times again.

Despite that, I'll probably end up with buying a Wii U because hey, Bayonetta was awesome and so was Wind Waker
Spoiler:
Quote: Metroid

[Image: 250px-Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg][Image: 250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg][Image: 250px-Mph_cover_updated.jpg]
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I really wish they did make a Starfox/Metroid crossover game like the rumors were saying. >:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XBOX Gamertags and PSN profiles. Roxas65 5 689 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Aethon