The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

New Xbox reveal.
It's mostly my musing over how everyone automatically says "Orwellian" when things are done here on CoTH that sometimes rustles up some jimmies, but things like the X-box constantly watching you is more akin to how that is.

But. CAN OF WORMS, CAN OF WORMS. Barrel roll time!
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Don't Xbox on me, bro.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
X-boxian society.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

FUNNY STORY! Microsoft has removed every DRM feature on the Xbox One. No online checks except one initial online check first time you use the console. All games work offline and can be traded and lended out to friends. The console region lock is removed. No word on the kinect settings. Honestly, I'm shocked they actually listened.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
(06-19-2013, 01:36 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: FUNNY STORY! Microsoft has removed every DRM feature on the Xbox One. No online checks except one initial online check first time you use the console. All games work offline and can be traded and lended out to friends. The console region lock is removed. No word on the kinect settings. Honestly, I'm shocked they actually listened.

Do you happen to have sources?
(06-19-2013, 01:36 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: FUNNY STORY! Microsoft has removed every DRM feature on the Xbox One. No online checks except one initial online check first time you use the console. All games work offline and can be traded and lended out to friends. The console region lock is removed. No word on the kinect settings. Honestly, I'm shocked they actually listened.

(06-18-2013, 10:19 AM)Clovis Wrote:
Quote:>Microsoft had a tough time selling gamers on the Xbox One and its (almost) always-on Kinect sensor during last week’s E3 Expo. This week, a pair of US Representatives want to block the monitoring features of the next-generation console before it’s even released.

Rep. Mike Capuano (D-MA) and Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) introduced the “We Are Watching You Act” last week in order to protect the privacy of consumers from DVR boxes that include built-in cameras and microphones. Verizon, who provides the popular FiOS service, filed a patent application for a DVR with video and audio monitoring capabilities in 2012. But, at this point, it’s unknown if they have such a DVR in development. So for now, the “We Are Watching You Act” is strictly an anti-Xbox One bill.

>The “We Are Watching You Act” would prohibit companies from marketing this kind of monitoring DVR (or Kinect sensor) without first offering consumers the chance to opt-in to the service. The DVR/Kinect operator must also “provide specific details on how collected information will be used and who will have access to the data.” If you do chose to opt-in, when the device is recording it will display “WE ARE WATCHING YOU” in a font “large enough to be readable from a distance.”

While that kind of message might kill the immersive feel of a round of Killer Instinct, it might help with Watch Dogs.

>And here’s where it gets messy. The bill would require manufacturers to create a similar device, without monitoring capability, and offer that to consumers instead. Rep. Capuano’s statement, and the full text of the bill, can be found at his official website.

http://www.warpzoned.com/2013/06/congres...nect-bill/

Please be real.

They didn't really have a choice, it seems. But I'd like to see the source too, 'cause if so that's good news.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Multiple gaming sites. I first read it on Gamereactor. i'd link you, but I'm on my Iphone and it becomes such a hassle.
Spoiler:
Here's an article about it. Cool beans.

XBox One-Eighty?

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Someone, please give the short, dumbed-down version of this story to an ignorant PC-only gamer.
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
Microsoft has apparently back peddled on many of the DRM features of their system, at least in regards to -disc- based games.

Doesn't change anything for me. I have no intention of buying Xbox Juan, and ideally, I'd like to try and steer clear from many more Microsoft products in the future - which will be challenging, but so be it. They've shown their true colors.

I will also be avoiding the PS4. While they may not spy on me, I feel the sudden shift from free online gaming with PSN being an optional service, to PSN being a mandatory service, is unfair and I don't buy into the idea that it's needed for Sony to recoup the costs of hosting online gaming (Is that how it even works?). So it looks like I won't be buying any of the new generation consoles.

But at least I have my PC, and I'm looking forward to any and all future emulators.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Too late to change, Microsoft. IMO, at least. I'm not buying it. I'm saving up for a gaming PC instead. ((I'll miss my controller. :,c ))
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
(06-19-2013, 03:42 PM)Noble Wrote: Someone, please give the short, dumbed-down version of this story to an ignorant PC-only gamer.

Ignorant PC-only gamers for life.

No, seriously. Screw consoles. I will however continue to play Nintendo's stuff.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I would like to remind everyone that this has not been confirmed by Microsoft. It's still just a rumor, so don't get your hopes up too much.
Squirrel, it's literally right there on Xbox's own news page.
Spoiler:
(06-20-2013, 08:02 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: Squirrel, it's literally right there on Xbox's own news page.

It's been stated by one of Microsoft's head spokespersons. It's pretty official, haha.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XBOX Gamertags and PSN profiles. Roxas65 5 689 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Aethon