Poll: What should we name her?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tonya Isis Hayknll.
66.67%
8 66.67%
Sasha Ulysses Hayknll.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Something else.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[-]
Main Menu
Portal
Forums
Wiki
Rules
FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads

[-]
Latest Threads
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Sourpuddle
08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2642
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85237
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2209
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3394

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

New mother Incoming (RUN AWAY)
So some of you know, some of you don't, some of you may not care, but all of you should.

I'm about 7 months pregnant with a child that I wasn't expecting and have no idea how to deal with, and because I'm such a poor and horrible person I'm posing news about it here so everyone can toss in their two cents and thoughts about it.

Important info, it is (most likely) a girl, I want to name it Tonya, my Boyfriend (and the girls father) wants to call her Sasha.

I'm supposed to be due in january so if I disappear for a bit that's most likely why.

Now, do with this thread what you will.
[-] The following 2 users Like SoarTheSky's post:
  • Cressy, Vladdy
PM
I prefer the name Sasha, but Ulysses is a bit masculine, so I'd go for either a trait or your maiden name (if you're married and have taken his name). I'unno, Grace? Something like that. I've always thought that Grace is a pretty name.
PM
Jaina Aggra Hayknll.

That is my contribution.
[-] The following 3 users Like Reigen's post:
  • Aethon, flammos200, ImagenAshyun
PM
My family traces back to scandinavian sailors, so he thought ulysses would be a fit match. I chose isis cuz I wanted to give her a name that inspires freedom.

And I'm not naming her Jaina because Jaina proudmoore blew up darnassus and I don't want to think of that when I look at my girl.

What about Leona or Jackie?
[-] The following 2 users Like SoarTheSky's post:
  • Aethon, Ural
PM
I like Leona. It's a strong name but also feminine at the same time.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Spoiler:
[Image: Leona_0.jpg]
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Xigo's post:
  • JTJP770
PM
I'd toss down my own name you could name her, but I wanna use the names myself for when I have a daughter. So Tonya has my vote.
PM
I like Tonya :3
PM
[Image: 51af8f7040066.png]

Tanya.
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A1n

Or scour the Eddas for a name of a maritime hero. Ulysses feels a bit like an insult cause it's not even closely related to Scandinavia.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM
I like Leona too.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
Ulysses is the Latin form of Odysseus, which is Greek. Isis is the name of an Egyptian goddess. Sasha seems to be of Greek and Russian origin and I can't link it to Scandinavia.

If you want to ask the public who don't know you very well for opinions and names, ultimately consider your child first. I would recommend you choose a name the kid won't be picked on for, or at least select a harmless nickname. Nobody picked on my real name because it was kept hidden until high school. I have a brother-in-law named "Ulysses", but he was known as "Yul" by family.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like ImagenAshyun's post:
  • c0rzilla, JVNemesis, JTJP770
Freya's a nice name, too, in all it's spelling variations. If you wanted something definitely Scandinavian, that is, linked to Norse Mythology.

Otherwise, I'm voting for Tonya and echoing what Immy said right above me.
PM
First off, I hope things go well for you, the baby, and your partner. There is a lot of help out there should you require any; you need only look.

Although looking for inspiration and opinions is great, be sure to pick a name that both you and him are happy with, one your child can wear proudly for the rest of her life.

I wouldn't really worry too much about kids picking on her for it. Kids will always find ways to be cruel if they want to be. I have a plant name, and I've heard every pun in the book. I'm sure Holly, Heather, Daisy, and the rest have, too.
PM
I actually love all the feedback I'm getting here, helped me convince him of finding new names for her.

Probably what will happen is I'll have my daughter in my arms and all of the names and other things I've thought up will completely slip my head when I see her, and I'll have a new one right then and there.
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Mother's Day! Wuvvums 9 309 05-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Happy Mother's Day! teege 13 280 05-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Azheron