The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Can a nightsaber learn to trust a Death Knight? Please read the post before voting.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Allowed
63.64%
14 63.64%
Denied!
36.36%
8 36.36%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Nightsabers and the undead?
Do you need to bond with the sabers though?
Instinct is not something where you have to be inteligent for. and sabers are a lot more inteligent in the wow lore than cats irl. I'm almost sure that they would see the differencr. Because they can not feel it anymore. And mounts such as trained horses are thaught to have someone on his back or something. A wild animal in survival.
Yes, in fact you do.
Kaldorei culture, in regards of mounts is not focused on training, but rather on friendship and trust.

Most Hippogryphriders and Huntresses would most likely have a kindredship with their respective companion.
Sanity? Of course!
In Kaldorei culture, sure.

Death Knights don't really care much about nature these days, however, what with them throwing Death and Decays everywhere and slaughtering every little insects, grass, plants and animals their spells hit.

I agree that a Kaldorei would, but we are talking about Death Knights. Death Knights. Death Knights.

Death Knights.
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
Animals need to feel you, they wouldn't be able to feel an undead only their aura which would not feelgood.,thats why they cab also feel wheb people are scared of them etc.
We are talking about Kaldorei Death Knights.
Sanity? Of course!
This argument is pointless.

Until someone can give me a lore reference saying 'this is why nightsabers wouldn't let a corpse ride them', I'll allow it. As long as you can explain it, I'll allow it.

People can argue how intelligent animals might be all they want. Doesn't matter. Unless someone here's a nightsaber, none of us can assume to know how they might think in such a situation.

Let it happen. Be able to explain it. Maybe he acquired a trained nightsaber.

"But Xigo, no one would sell a nightsaber to a Death Kn-"

Don't really care. Certainly there's at least one individual out there who would sell the beasts.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I doubt that sabers are sold.
Sanity? Of course!
Could say the same about why would?
I'd think that the whole "bonding with the sabers with friendship" is a quality of the elves, not the sabers, as I don't think anything suggests they're any more intelligent than, say, worgs or even horses. They're just large panthers that the nelves happen to have access to. It's also a cultural thing, but could very well be ignored if one doesn't care about the stigma.

I suppose the end result is...does it really matter?
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
(12-29-2011, 02:03 PM)Whym Wrote: I doubt that sabers are sold.

We have saber sellers.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
http://www.wowpedia.org/Saber Wrote:Saber cats are proud magnificent felines that have helped the night elves against foes of all sorts since Kalimdor was first settled. The great cat moves with fluid grace along the mountainsides of Kalimdor, its golden eyes gleaming with intelligence. They are intelligent and loyal when domesticated, but are feral and quite aggressive when left in their natural environments.
I believe this pretty much shows that they, as it says, are domesticated, but once done so, they, having a greater intelect than, say, horses, make up greater bonds with their masters.

(12-29-2011, 02:34 PM)Aphetoros Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 02:03 PM)Whym Wrote: I doubt that sabers are sold.

We have saber sellers.
That's an in-game thing, Aphe. Night elves don't literally -sell- sabers. The night elves form independent friendships with each and every saber.
(12-29-2011, 02:37 PM)13kira13 Wrote:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Saber Wrote:Saber cats are proud magnificent felines that have helped the night elves against foes of all sorts since Kalimdor was first settled. The great cat moves with fluid grace along the mountainsides of Kalimdor, its golden eyes gleaming with intelligence. They are intelligent and loyal when domesticated, but are feral and quite aggressive when left in their natural environments.
I believe this pretty much shows that they, as it says, are domesticated, but once done so, they, having a greater intelect than, say, horses, make up greater bonds with their masters.

I wouldn't necessarily take that as true. For one thing, 'intelligent' and 'loyal' are relative concepts, and the article didn't attempt to compare them to anything. For another, the reference for that line is a d20 source book. Thirdly:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Worg Wrote:Some humanoid races value worgs as steeds due to their increased intellect, but a worg's foul disposition turns away many trainers.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Horses Wrote:However, since the fall of Lordaeron, only select varieties continue to be bred throughout Alliance-controlled lands. Most prized among these are the stately Evendales of Elwynn Forest, renowned for their loyalty and even tempers.

The Wowpedia pages seem to enjoy extolling the virtues of simple animals.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I'd like to imagine goblins would sell sabers for a quick buck.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I feel like the question that should be answered is this...

Would a living animal, regardless of species, accept something as evil and foul as an undead riding on its back?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Undead and Nature Magic c0rzilla 15 6,996 08-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Undead. flammos200 16 4,104 07-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  The Killing of an Undead? Beltharean 19 3,964 05-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Krilari